Anyone here go to a T20 university genuinely

Maths and econ. Tbh the targets for IB in the UK are the same for compsci.

It’s mostly Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, LSE and Warwick. Durham, Bristol and Bath are also good semis
econ and maths is fun i just think finance gets boring long run even ib id get sick of it

• +1
Reactions: UrGirlsMcm and MaestheticMaso
yeah pretty much but mine is quite a lot better for CS than it is for IB.

yeah mines about around bristol level for kings, most of the people i know who are going for CS are trynna decide between this and bath/kings/bristol etc.
Are you trying to break into FAANG, or HFT?

econ and maths is fun i just think finance gets boring long run even ib id get sick of it
I agree tbh, but the goal is to break into the Private equity, hedge fund, venture capital or private credit pipeline.

I’ve been looking at the insurance industry as well, especially actuaries. It’s also very good pay, but less headache than IB

Are you trying to break into FAANG, or HFT?
i highly doubt im smart enough for HFT.

yeah more like FAANG and finance (initially) goldman, jp, morgan stanley, bloomberg etc.

if i develop a soul then ill do computational biology or ML wbu IB im guessing?

• Love it
Reactions: MaestheticMaso
i highly doubt im smart enough for HFT.

yeah more like FAANG and finance (initially) goldman, jp, morgan stanley, bloomberg etc.

if i develop a soul then ill do computational biology or ML wbu IB im guessing?
Is it really that hard to break into HFT or a quant hedge fund ?

Yeah FAANG and finance pays really well too.

Yeah probably IB, asset management those sort of fields. Maybe actuarial insurance as well.

Is it really that hard to break into HFT or a quant hedge fund ?

Yeah FAANG and finance pays really well too.

Yeah probably IB, asset management those sort of fields. Maybe actuarial insurance as well.
yeah haha super hard youre competing against the best from what i know

ill take what i can get im no genius.

sounds fun you better be ready for the long hours

• +1
Reactions: MaestheticMaso
Yes, I do.

• +1
Reactions: UrGirlsMcm
Studying CS btw :feelswhy:

• +1
Reactions: UrGirlsMcm
  • +1
Reactions: Richard Cheese
It’s not really IQ more work ethic and nepotism
shit well i lack the last 2 and im moderately gifted so i was hoping if i got my shit together a bit and started abusing adderall i could maybe get into a good school

shit well i lack the last 2 and im moderately gifted so i was hoping if i got my shit together a bit and started abusing adderall i could maybe get into a good school
Lol if u abuse adderall it’ll destroy ur goals w regards to looks and height but yes it would help w schoolmaxxing

yes

fudan university in shanghai

what would you like to know?

Just got accepted to a T20 university early notice, so some of the burden is off my shoulders although I’d still love a HYPSM or something of that ilk.
Congrats saar, in the same boat myself

Just graduated from one. It’s worth it. Don’t listen to decels in the thread. College internships got me a job straight after, 230k TC

good luck boyo
Fuark

Christian Bale Oooo GIF

if you pay for it yourself good luck :feelswhy: