Anyone understands posterior m. Impaction?

depressionmaxxing

depressionmaxxing

Last year or first year
How does it change face, what happens rotation wise?

In Class 2 AOB cases

• +1
Reactions: Asspear and reggieboi8
Interesting question - I'd also like to know.

the opposite effect of posterior downgraft

CW rotation
Yes Cw for the maxilla but ccw for the mandible (closing open bite)
Would it recess your maxilla any further?
It should fix the long face look by making PNS vertically smaller

Would it recess your maxilla any further?
It would move everything under the ANS back a bit. Whether that would "recess" anything, I don't know. Probably not. Depends on the case.

It should fix the long face look by making PNS vertically smaller

Isn't PNS inside your face? Does posterior downgraft create long face? If not then why would posterior impaction fix it?

It would move everything under the ANS back a bit. Whether that would "recess" anything, I don't know. Probably not. Depends on the case.
Shouldn‘t recess in my understand either. My teeth are too rotated ccw wise (outwards) and PMI should fix it with cw rotation.
Now all i read on here is CW being bad and CCW good.

Isn't PNS inside your face? Does posterior downgraft create long face? If not then why would posterior impaction fix it?
PNS=posterior nasal septum.

Should reduce vertical height because the open bite got closed. It would not fix long face but should make it just a bit smaller vertically

PNS = posterior nasal spine. I'm saying it's way inside your face. The position of it, in itself, shouldn't have any impact on the way you look.

• +1
Reactions: depressionmaxxing
PNS = posterior nasal spine. I'm saying it's way inside your face. The position of it, in itself, shouldn't have any impact on the way you look.
Spine is correct my bad.
Interesting to know, thanks for your answer.

How does it change face, what happens rotation wise?

Bruh how do u do posterior impaction with class 2 anterior open bite u gonna end up fucking chocking with non existing airway your jaw are already too steep aka downgrown u need a lot of ccw rotation not otherwise in most cases ppl with class 2 open bite need posterior downgraft or anterior impaction + posterior downgraft

• JFL
@Melly you‘re retarted. If you want bigger airways you advance the mandible, ccw helps too but it‘s not necessary.

Well again look at the vid for you iqcel:

What fucking idiot posteriorly downgrafts an AOB? CCW is not the solution.

@Melly you‘re retarted. If you want bigger airways you advance the mandible, ccw helps too but it‘s not necessary.

Well again look at the vid for you iqcel:

What fucking idiot posteriorly downgrafts an AOB? CCW is not the solution.

Are u retastated if u do it this way like on vid u sent u gonna fuck up your jaw joints bc of changes to occlusion place hight to cranium
Ppl with this skeletal pattern are downgrown its common sense bruh even book says so ccw rotation is law
Screenshot 20240129 043728 OneDrive

Screenshot 20240129 044325 OneDrive

Superior decision here would be segmental maxillary osteotomy like in this video where front segmental tilted down to match the occlusion

Learn before shitting on ppl

Last edited:
  • JFL

Look, i‘ve talked to 2 surgeons, all said it‘s posterior Impaction.
I look for literature, pocket dentistry etc. all say that‘s how it‘s done.

8422AEF5 E81C 45B5 85F1 3C06C51A77CA C85D7A9C E349 4B15 9E1F 725F9F113C75

This seems fucking retarted, why on gods earth would i downgraft my ANS. AOB cases already have a semi long face, this would make it even worse and it just looks like it would relapse right after surgery. The malocclusion is caused by excessive vertical bone in the PNS. You fix that by just cutting it - P impaction.

Doing it this way wouldn‘t even allow for autorotation of the mandible. You‘re given literature didn‘t really say anything or prove what you said btw.

About the TMJ (The whole forum and my surgeon agrees to this) -> CCW puts on more pressure on the joint while CW takes pressure from the Jaw joint. My surgeon said that he doesn‘t even like CCW because of the high relapse rate + bad joint effects. Now i developed TMJD so the last thing i should do is downgraft my AOB.

I dont even mean to be rude but you‘re the first guy to pull shit like this out your asshole

„Superior decision“ who ever besides you said that??

@RealSurgerymax opinion?

Last edited:
Are u retastated if u do it this way like on vid u sent u gonna fuck up your jaw joints bc of changes to occlusion place hight to cranium
Ppl with this skeletal pattern are downgrown its common sense bruh even book says so ccw rotation is law
View attachment 2707644
View attachment 2707645

Superior decision here would be segmental maxillary osteotomy like in this video where front segmental tilted down to match the occlusion

It‘s not like it doesn‘t make sense, im not invalidating the idea, but it‘s really not superior or the better option at all. It‘s an alternative at the least

It‘s not like it doesn‘t make sense, im not invalidating the idea, but it‘s really not superior or the better option at all. It‘s an alternative at the least
Imho its life saver for aethstetics porposes
I doubt this woman would benefit from posterior impaction. She said she had ccw rotation with segmentar lefort 1 osteotomy

IMG 20240129 054826 597
IMG 20240129 054828 693

Btw when u do ccw with only posterior downgraft it compensate for increased anterior facial hight after rotation of front maxilla segement so u dont end up with gummy smile
This pic shows it
Screenshot 20231227 042825 Chrome

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32196
I doubt this woman would benefit from posterior impaction. She said she had ccw rotation with segmentar lefort 1 osteotomy

View attachment 2707754View attachment 2707755

Btw when u do ccw with only posterior downgraft it compensate for increased anterior facial hight after rotation of front maxilla segement so u dont end up with gummy smile
This pic shows it
View attachment 2707762
Why do you dislike posterior Impaction? How does it have bad aesthetical outcome?

View attachment 2707754View attachment 2707755

This pic shows it
View attachment 2707762
thoughts on 9mm posterior downgraft and 1mm anterior downgraft resulting in 8 degrees ccwr?

• +1