Beta Carotene, Astaxanthin, Lycopene

N

NorreZ0

Iron
Does it actually do anything or is it cope?

• +1
Reactions: reptiles
Noticed a difference from beta carotene + lycopene.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and NorreZ0
jusr drink lots of fruit juice

At what dose?
20mg lycopene and 75 000 IU carotene + some additional in my multi vits every day.
Noticed results after a couple of weeks.

• +1
Reactions: blatonslatt and NorreZ0
Cope. I did 200k iu a day for months of beta carotene + lycopene and it did nothing at all. I'm white and pale as snow and it didn't change at all.

• +1
Reactions: spark
20mg lycopene and 75 000 IU carotene + some additional in my multi vits every day.
Noticed results after a couple of weeks.
Do you have to take it with anything? I know vitamin A is fat soluble but what about lycopene?

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
Massive difference for me, im orange now

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27472
Just go out in the sun after removing all seed oils and PUFA from the diet. These carotenes are a meme and in some instances are dangerous, especially synthetic supplement ones. Eat carrots and tomatoes and astaxanthin shouldnt be used long term, its extremally potent

I took these all at different times

Beta carotene definitely did the most, I loaded for a 2.5 weeks and then maintained, after about 1 month myself and others started to notice an orange hue, due to health reasons I went off after about 2 months, the effects lasted for about 2 months after - back to normal now - would advise against beta carotene tbh due to health implications, its better to just get a tan.

Astaxanthin and Lypocene did nothing, I took Astaxanthin for 3.5 months and noticed nothing, I look Lycpocene for 2 and also noticed nothing. I also wouldn't recommend Astaxanthin due its purported DHT inhib.

Yes, it works. I have a nice tan, while being white with close to zero direct sun exposure.

50 mg lycopene daily for 5 months, plus 100 000 NE beta carotene daily for 1 months, then 25 000 NE beta carotene daily for 4 months. Take beta carotene like this, because it accumulates in the body and after a loading phase, you only need a maintanance dosage.

Will add 12 mg astaxanthin soon to this. I heard it's the best.

Don't give up after 1 week/months. Take it regularly for a longer period, 3 months at the very least, preferably more. (I am 5 months in.) Don't expect results immediately.

Also the dosage matters a lot. From astaxanthin, I found 4, 6, 12 mg capsules. Buy the 12 mg. I even heard people taking 24 mg/day, I might try that dosage too. Same with lycopene, I saw 20, 30, 50 mg capsules. By the 50 mg ones.

I take astaxanthin daily and it gives me a nice glow. Apparently also lowers dht as well. Along with possibly improving skin elasticity.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24955642/ (I'm assuming it improves all types of skin not just photoaged done in this study)