Beware of self-deception.

emeraldglass

emeraldglass

6'1" Gymmaxed Moroccan Stoic— MOD from Benelux
Staff
Self-deception is a common human trait. To keep a positive self-image of ourselves, we often mask our imperfections from both ourselves and other people. Despite helpful, the noble lie created by this internal and exterior burying can trigger issues. When self-deceptions veer too far from reality, they become a fragile bridge. But when the bridge collapses we are forced to face life's chasm unprepared.

People often pile more deceptions on top of existing ones, retreating into daily routines, social concerns, and conformity for security. However, this can limit our capacity to pursue fulfilling life goals. To avoid this fate, we must become aware of our deceptions while there's still time to change.

There is a subtle form of deception as a tool for self-transformation. It involves acting as the person we aspire to be. This process carries risks, but staying on the shaky bridge of self-deception can entail more suffering.

We shouldn't lie to ourselves because doing so can make one lose respect for both themselves and other people. We can live more genuine and fulfilling lives if we accept our shortcomings and work toward improving ourselves.

• +1
Reactions: R@m@, Deleted member 16275 and bishōnenmaxxer
the best defense against self deception is mindfulness meditation

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: DelonLover1999, emeraldglass and Fiqh
I self loath before falling asleep

Keeps me humble

• Love it
Reactions: bishōnenmaxxer
I self loath before falling asleep

Keeps me humble
Replacing self-deception with self-loathing leads back to the same path, a lack of mental stability, a fragile persona, and an absence of true individuality.

• +1
Reactions: R@m@, Napoleon1800 and DelonLover1999
good thread not much to add

Replacing self-deception with self-loathing leads back to the same path, a lack of mental stability, a fragile persona, and an absence of true individuality.
If what you loathe about yourself is reasonable (negatively impactful and fixable) it's good. Keeps your head focused and yourself aware of your own limits/flaws.

• +1
Reactions: hardestmfintheroom and emeraldglass
Some of us like to live so authentically. Props to you emeraldglass. Most of your views are grea...

• Love it
Reactions: emeraldglass
good thread not much to add

If what you loathe about yourself is reasonable (negatively impactful and fixable) it's good. Keeps your head focused and yourself aware of your own limits/flaws.
Self loathing implies a counterproductive connotation.

Being realistic isn't being negative or self loathing like behaviour.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: emeraldglass and bishōnenmaxxer
Then what to do? If I ever feel good about my place I immediately call myself deluded and that I am at the bottom of society, never meant to exist, and that everyone sees me for the subhuman genetic trash that I am.

And then my brain says "be confident and low inhib" and then I think to myself "but foids will see me as a fake creepy try hard while chad is naturally nt as fuck"

Then what to do? If I ever feel good about my place I immediately call myself deluded and that I am at the bottom of society, never meant to exist, and that everyone sees me for the subhuman genetic trash that I am.

And then my brain says "be confident and low inhib" and then I think to myself "but foids will see me as a fake creepy try hard while chad is naturally nt as fuck"
Instead of berating yourself, find the cause of your low self-esteem and tackle it. Change your perspective and strive toward achieving a goal. If you think you're at the bottom of society, keep in mind that there are people who could be much lower down but still have superior self-esteem. It all boils down to mastering and controlling your own thoughts.

• +1
Reactions: Napoleon1800
Instead of berating yourself, find the cause of your low self-esteem and tackle it. Change your perspective and strive toward achieving a goal. If you think you're at the bottom of society, keep in mind that there are people who could be much lower down but still have superior self-esteem. It all boils down to mastering and controlling your own thoughts.
If they are Lower down but have higher self esteem, they are delusional.

Cause of my low self esteem is my looks and trauma

Only way to fix it is to ascend and recieve lots of positive feedback, positive social interactions and sexual gratification

If they are Lower down but have higher self esteem, they are delusional.
Not always, as some people get their sense of worth from things other than appearance or income. A common cause of low self-esteem in men is a lack of ability or inability to complete particular tasks or objectives.
Cause of my low self esteem is my looks and trauma
Make the most out of your appearance and deal with any trauma you may have had, trying to come to terms with it.
Only way to fix it is to ascend and recieve lots of positive feedback, positive social interactions and sexual gratification
There are many routes to take.

• +1
Other than ascending what else really is there
Accepting your circumstances while simultaneously working to improve them, all the while being mindful not to overly rely on the changes.

• +1
Accepting your circumstances while simultaneously working to improve them, all the while being mindful not to overly rely on the changes.

Would you say kanye West, based on these clips for example is delusional or has High self esteem and believes in himself

Would you say kanye West, based on these clips for example is delusional or has High self esteem and believes in himself

He's merely putting on a performance, I believe his self-esteem is quite high. However, if he genuinely refuses advice from anyone but the young, it borders on megalomania.

• +1
Reactions: Napoleon1800 and autistic_tendencies