Blood test before starting fin?

Matheus

Matheus

Mistral
My GP is basically a scribe at this point, I go there and tell him what to write on the script. Given that, I need to tell him exactly what I need in a blood test before starting fin. I know it's not a prerequisite but it would be nice to have baseline levels to compare to later on.
What I know of currently:
free T
DHT
progesterone
estradiol (oestrogen)
maybe stuff like vitD and B7 (biotin)?

• +1
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer
You dont need to do shit before taking fin. take it and forget about it. if you a few weeks later actually cant get a rejection then either 1: Continue for a bit longer to see if the sides subside on their own. Or 2: Lower the dose to 1mg every other day and see if that helps.
Your chances of sides are around 2% and always reversible so don't worry about it. Just take the pill and enjoy not balding

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: overtier1011, imabetanumale and Matheus
You dont need to do shit before taking fin. take it and forget about it. if you a few weeks later actually cant get a rejection then either 1: Continue for a bit longer to see if the sides subside on their own. Or 2: Lower the dose to 1mg every other day and see if that helps.
Your chances of sides are around 2% and always reversible so don't worry about it. Just take the pill and enjoy not balding
It's not about sides or being scared or whatever, it's about registering my baseline levels in case I need to compare for some reason

• +1
Reactions: User28823

• +1
Reactions: Matheus
It's not about sides or being scared or whatever, it's about registering my baseline levels in case I need to compare for some reason
But why would you need to? It makes no sense. Its a very safe drug

Theres no point in taking baseline, since you get to baseline anyways if you stop taking the drug

i checked T, free T, Dht, Estrogen, and some other useless crap a derma gave me.

The derma didn’t want to prescribe Fin so i took it on my own and ill check hormone levels again after 3 months of therapy (im 1.5 months in)

• +1

I watched the beginning of it it's really good, but the issue is that I'm not sure I have those tests where I live (France).
Like for instance total T using LC/MS, I'm not sure they do that here.

i checked T, free T, Dht, Estrogen, and some other useless crap a derma gave me.

The derma didn’t want to prescribe Fin so i took it on my own and ill check hormone levels again after 3 months of therapy (im 1.5 months in)
Where do you live if I may ask?

• +1
Did you use specific methods to check levels?
From what I see total T should be tested using LC/MS for instance but idk if they do it this way here

• +1
Did you use specific methods to check levels?
From what I see total T should be tested using LC/MS for instance but idk if they do it this way here
nah, just went to the place and asked for paid blood work. Costed a bit over 100 jewros in total

• +1
I watched the beginning of it it's really good, but the issue is that I'm not sure I have those tests where I live (France).
Like for instance total T using LC/MS, I'm not sure they do that here.

Where do you live if I may ask?
LC/MS/MS is universal

I live in the US, got my bloods tested at a local lab after ordering through private MD labs, they had everything I wanted

• +1
LC/MS/MS is universal

I live in the US, got my bloods tested at a local lab after ordering through private MD labs, they had everything I wanted
I took a look at the catalog of tests/procedures the labs in my city do (they all work for the same lab group) and there wasn't even an entry for DHT. T they test it using something called "radioimmunology" idk what that is

Dont do fin, it is a tranny drug will make you produce way less testosterone and destroy ur health, literal chemical castration

Dont do fin, it is a tranny drug will make you produce way less testosterone and destroy ur health, literal chemical castration
testosterone converts to dihydrotestosterone, when u block the enzyme that's responsible for that conversion, less testosterone gets converted, elevating your testosterone

there are concerns with the drugs effects on allopregnanolone but to say it causes u to produce way less testosterone is the exact opposite of what it does, taking fin will raise ur test by about 15%

• +1
testosterone converts to dihydrotestosterone, when u block the enzyme that's responsible for that conversion, less testosterone gets converted, elevating your testosterone

there are concerns with the drugs effects on allopregnanolone but to say it causes u to produce way less testosterone is the exact opposite of what it does, taking fin will raise ur test by about 15%
Except that the excess free T raises estrogen levels but yeah that's accurate

Except that the excess free T raises estrogen levels but yeah that's accurate
yes ur estrogen will also raise which is expected anytime ur test does
so if ur bloods are already fucked with low T and high E ur in for a bad time

Fin destroys leydig cells so long term it will cause loss of test production

Fin destroys leydig cells so long term it will cause loss of test production
any studies?
all i found are studies showing increased incidences of leydig cell tumours in MICE but at finasteride doses of 25 mg/kg/day which would be the equivalent of more than 2000mg of finasteride per day for a male weighing 180 pounds...

• +1