Brutal how vegetable oils made Americans obese in the last 50 years

P

Prettyboy

Banned
"When adjusted for food loss, between 1970 and 2010, total added fat and oil availability per capita increased 61% (32.1–51.7 lbs.). In the same time frame, for separate subcategories, butter availability stayed at an average of 3.3 lbs., lard decreased 67% (1.5–0.5 lbs.), margarine decreased 68% (6.6–2.1 lbs.), shortening decreased 11% (8.9–7.9 lbs.), and salad and cooking oils increased 250% (10.3–36.0 lbs.)."
fnut-08-748847-g006.jpg

(graph from this study:
https://www.frontiersin.org/article...33xzVZtELIPMp-sq0B6GxLhK7QQs_lEr2P2A1LSI6bBf4)

Obesity-NHANES.jpg

Remember, every time they tell you animal fat is bad, saturated fat is harmful for you, dietary cholesterol clogs your arteries -
think about, do those people really care about about your health or perhaps it's just food companies trying to sell you a cheaper alternative (vegetable oils) with bigger profit margins or perhaps statin drug maker pharma companies trying to hook you up on their products?

Lard is nature's moisturizer and cholesterol is nature's sunscreen.
Lard-and-goose-fat-e1551900564727.png
Slide5_30a8752d-3212-4ebc-931c-dcb7d8c2a06b.jpg

@HerpDerpson @breedme @TsarTsar444

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: rg1235, GigaAscender, 𝔻𝔸𝕎ℕ 𝕆𝔽 𝕂ℍ𝔸L and 21 others
yep very well said, but also sugar or HFCS is a lot.to blame.

also another reason is not the seed oils themselves, but the fact their cheap availability enabled more deep frying and larger portion sizes.

another thought I had, seed oils are new in the west, but now asians, basically curries, EA and SEA consume crazy amounts of seed oils, is this a new thing for them too, and if so what did they used to eat?

• +1
Reactions: GigaAscender, horizontallytall, 𝔻𝔸𝕎ℕ 𝕆𝔽 𝕂ℍ𝔸L and 8 others
How did it made them obese ?

You sound like my father

• JFL
Reactions: 𝔻𝔸𝕎ℕ 𝕆𝔽 𝕂ℍ𝔸L and Deleted member 4430
"When adjusted for food loss, between 1970 and 2010, total added fat and oil availability per capita increased 61% (32.1–51.7 lbs.). In the same time frame, for separate subcategories, butter availability stayed at an average of 3.3 lbs., lard decreased 67% (1.5–0.5 lbs.), margarine decreased 68% (6.6–2.1 lbs.), shortening decreased 11% (8.9–7.9 lbs.), and salad and cooking oils increased 250% (10.3–36.0 lbs.)."
fnut-08-748847-g006.jpg

(graph from this study:
https://www.frontiersin.org/article...33xzVZtELIPMp-sq0B6GxLhK7QQs_lEr2P2A1LSI6bBf4)

Obesity-NHANES.jpg

Remember, every time they tell you animal fat is bad, saturated fat is harmful for you, dietary cholesterol clogs your arteries -
think about, do those people really care about about your health or perhaps it's just food companies trying to sell you a cheaper alternative (vegetable oils) with bigger profit margins or perhaps statin drug maker pharma companies trying to hook you up on their products?

don't they just eat more caloric dense food? would be interesting to see the health effects of a vegetable oil rich diet in a non-obese population compared to a similar vegetable oil poor diet in non-obese population.

The japanese fry everything in oil, but keep their BMI low too, and are some of the healthiest people alive, despite being radiation poisoned twice.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Racky and Deleted member 19551
Ate extra fat quark and 5 eggs for breakfast today. :Comfy:

• +1
Reactions: Prettyboy

also another reason is not the seed oils themselves, but the fact their cheap availability enabled more deep frying and larger portion sizes.

another thought I had, seed oils are new in the west, but now asians, basically curries, EA and SEA consume crazy amounts of seed oils, is this a new thing for them too, and if so what did they used to eat?

I'm less familiar with the history of Asian nutrition but I've heard lard used to be sthe taple fat source there as well +rapeseed oil in China whenever lard was not avaible

"China’s growing economy and rising incomes led to a 440% increase in per capita vegetable oil consumption in China between 1979 and 1999 (Fang, C., and Beghin, J. C., http://dx.doi.org/10.1006/jcec.2002.1796, 2002). By 1999, China was the world’s largest importer of soybean, rapeseed (canola), and palm oils. "

Vegetable oils are not natural, people always went for lard whenever they could / afford to; it's far superior in every regard

• +1
Reactions: rg1235, AlexBrown84 and currylightskin
americans would still be obese without them.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Yerico7, horizontallytall, Mr.Proper and 3 others
I'm less familiar with the history of Asian nutrition but I've heard lard used to be sthe taple fat source there as well +rapeseed oil in China whenever lard was not avaible

"China’s growing economy and rising incomes led to a 440% increase in per capita vegetable oil consumption in China between 1979 and 1999 (Fang, C., and Beghin, J. C., http://dx.doi.org/10.1006/jcec.2002.1796, 2002). By 1999, China was the world’s largest importer of soybean, rapeseed (canola), and palm oils. "

Vegetable oils are not natural, people always went for lard whenever they could / afford to; it's far superior in every regard
yep, this is clear why China and India millenials and zoomer are fucked compared to.boomers, but not sure about SEA

• +1
Is coconut oil and unsalted French butter good to use

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7
@kjdudititi told me to eat it
dont overdo it, butter is very calorie dense so its not good to eat if you want to lose weight but as long as your tracking your calories and not going overboard then butter has no problem, we have been eating it for centuries.

dont overdo it, butter is very calorie dense so its not good to eat if you want to lose weight but as long as your tracking your calories and not going overboard then butter has no problem, we have been eating it for centuries.
I’m talking about coconut oil I use it to put on pan before I cook steak or eggs

I never ate butter before but bought some French butter today

Is this how amerikikes cope? :lul:

• JFL
Reactions: GigaAscender and Danish_Retard
fnut-08-748847-g006.jpg

(graph from this study:

Obesity-NHANES.jpg

i dont even eat vegetables and im still fat

I think it's more about sugar, which also probably grew in consumption during the same time.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Prettyboy
I’m talking about coconut oil I use it to put on pan before I cook steak or eggs

I never ate butter before but bought some French butter today
who the fuck never ate butter before? I literally get a stick of butter and melt it in the microwave so I can chug it and use it to dip my bread into. :lul:

• JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: TsarTsar444 and Deleted member 19551
who the fuck never ate butter before? I literally get a stick of butter and melt it in the microwave so I can chug it and use it to dip my bread into. :lul:
Should I put it in my shrimp

It's new for them too. They would use animal fats until the 20th century. I think the seed oil thing is too specific, all kinds of oil are inappropriate for human consumption. That includes olive oil and fish oils. They're all inflammatory.

all kinds of oil are inappropriate for human consumption. That includes olive oil and fish oils. They're all inflammatory.
Any academic source for that? This peer reviewed study says (cold pressed) olive oil has several anti-inflammatory properties.

I'm currently on the 20 eggs and 2l raw kefir diet:ogre::ogre::ogre:

• Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: HerpDerpson and Prettyboy
just came back to this to inform you I just cooked uncured bacon on the grill outside with my dad, and cooked eggs on the bacon grease😎😎 carnivore pals

fnut-08-748847-g006.jpg

(graph from this study:

Obesity-NHANES.jpg

The more I researched literally every modern day food is compromised.

Farm Fish, seeds oils, dairy, wheat, water, sugar, processed foods. Pretty much everything.

You have to really prioritise quality sourced whole goods to avoid most of this.

I try to go for a very simple paleothic diet of nuts, meat , vegetables, beans, filtered water . Extremely boring but it is what it is.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: rg1235, Danish_Retard, Prettyboy and 1 other person
I think it's more about sugar, which also probably grew in consumption during the same time.
The exponential growth of avaibility of sugar in the form of processed foods is just as much to blame as vegetable oils

I'm currently on the 20 eggs and 2l raw kefir diet:ogre::ogre::ogre:
That’s a SERIOUS amount of nutrients you are nurturing your body then :Comfy:

Farm Fish, seeds oils, dairy, wheat, water, sugar, processed foods. Pretty much everything.

You have to really prioritise quality sourced whole goods to avoid most of this.

I try to go for a very simple paleothic diet of nuts, meat , vegetables, beans, filtered water . Extremely boring but it is what it is.
What kind of nuts do you like eating? Although I don’t regularly consume nuts due to following a carnivorous lifestyls, I do admit they are the most nutritionally rich category of plant foods

why is it the best?
Ireland’s climate was made for cows, it’s wet weather is excellent at providing their cow stock with more than enough grass to feed upon. The grass there is so rich in beta carotene that it gives Irish butter - like Kerrygold - a distinctly golden hue.

Irish grass-fed beef is also of excellent quality, the best one in Europe.

• +1
Reactions: rg1235, Danish_Retard, Gaia262 and 1 other person
Ireland’s climate was made for cows, it’s wet weather is excellent at providing their cow stock with more than enough grass to feed upon. The grass there is so rich in beta carotene that it gives Irish butter - like Kerrygold - a distinctly golden hue.

Irish grass-fed beef is also of excellent quality, the best one in Europe.
is it any more expensive than regular butter? is normal butter significantly worse either?

• +1

China was not such a rich country that you would be able to eat lard every day

realistically, you would eat it as often as you could afford meat - once every few months, only for holidays with large family gatherings.

the only sources of protein you would have in a day would be eggs or soy

the only source of fat would be eggs and rarely products with traces of milk

mostly you would choose between steamed, or boiled vegetables with rice, and some fruit in the warm months.

because my parents were relatively rich they also had a small amount of processed sugar and nuts

In a poor area you probably wouldn’t eat meat and would have intermittent supply shortages.
Did get much better after 1980 tho

• +1
Reactions: Lmao, HerpDerpson and Mr.Proper
@Prettyboy does this apply to olive oil as well?

• +1
I think it has to do more with dietary habits, maybe, dietary culture. For example, fast food networks heavily promote ordering Cola, which has a lot of calories in itself alone and promotes appetite for more consumption. Also, large portions, "king sizes". And people using food for coping, chasing dopamine from heavily processed sugary or fried meals.

realistically, you would eat it as often as you could afford meat - once every few months, only for holidays with large family gatherings.

the only sources of protein you would have in a day would be eggs or soy
Even a European peasant would only slaughter some of his chickens once per year and get most of his animal fats from eggs and dairy. Not owning a cow was a sign of poverty.
Protein isn't that hard to get because eggs and you simply don't need that much of it if you're not bulking. It's animal fats that are hard to obtain, if you don't eat carbs you really notice how precious they are to get enough energy.

• +1
Reactions: incel194012940
fnut-08-748847-g006.jpg

(graph from this study:

Obesity-NHANES.jpg

its more fucked hormones that cause obesity not calorie intake
see article "the sugar conspiracy" long af but basic. ppl dont eat more calories nowadays nor do they exercise less. thats a myth.
but in 1980, introduction of government food recs + veggie oils and demonitaiuon of animal fats has led to fucked hormones which leads to obseity. Not correlated wiht kcal tho. In some ppor af countries ppl still manage to be fat. Jews explain?
of course not.

fnut-08-748847-g006.jpg

(graph from this study:

Obesity-NHANES.jpg

You can become obesse on banana milkshake. Lard is healthier, it has vitamin d, its more natural, etc. But dont make your main argument about obesity

Good call.

Olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil (all cold pressed) r fine though.

Btw what's ur thoughts on beans? I like them a lot, but unsure if they are truly paleo.

• +1
Reactions: rg1235 and Gaia262
is it any more expensive than regular butter? is normal butter significantly worse either?
I’m not sure how butter prices are around the world. Here Kerrygold costs like 30% more than local (grain-fed) butter

The advantages of grass-fed butter (like most Irish brands, eg Kerrygold) over regular
grain-fed butter is lot better taste, creamier texture. Nutritions wise it contains less toxins as grain-fed cows’ diet may include hormones or antibiotics, it’s fat profile is better (contains more omega3, less omega6) and more fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K)

B564CF39 C00E 41B1 B1B6 AF21F88087D5

@Prettyboy does this apply to olive oil as well?
Olive oil and coconut oil are kind of unique in that although they are plant oils, they aren’t nearly as harmful as vegetable oils (soybean oil is pure industrial waste).

Olive oil is very high in monounsaturated fats (73%), which are fat molecules with one unsaturated double carbon bond. Because of this, they are more prone to oxidation than saturated fats. Ideally you would want a cooking fat that is high in saturated fat - like animal fats are:

1DAF1351 243B 4D24 B4AD C7FC63B3EE3E

In addition, olives have salicylates; a phenolic compound that plants produce to protect themselves, a form of anti-nutrients - an indicator humans were not meant to consume olives (just like any other plants).

Some people can have salicylate intolerance and symptoms in those cases include headaches, migraines, respiratory irritation, gastrointestinal discomfort, irritability, joint pain, swelling and fluid retention, mouth ulcers, sore and itchy eyes, etc.

From an evolutionary perspective, our ancestors certainly didn’t have access to olive oil, keep in mind despite rapid changes in the living environment, our genetic make-up virtually remains the same as that at the end of the paleolithic period.

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, Lmao and Gaia262
Processed carbs and sugar is the main cause of the obesity epidemic. The amount of fat people skyrocketed starting in the 80s because of that and keeps getting worse as we eat more of it.

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
It's new for them too. They would use animal fats until the 20th century. I think the seed oil thing is too specific, all kinds of oil are inappropriate for human consumption. That includes olive oil and fish oils. They're all inflammatory.
not sure, because even ricecels and currycels wouldn't have been.able to.afford animal fats or ghee in abundance.

if u look at their historical food it implies.cooking without fat a lot.

curries largely ate foods braised on a low heat, so breaking down onion (and post Columbus, tomatos) into the braising liquid, and.cooking on a medium.heat (because they.used cow dung for fuel).

Chinese had a lot.of steamed, braised, and simmered.dishes, and I guess stir fry would.have been less.common, but this would.have used a small.amount of animal fat or.some.seed oil

I eat 10-15 whole eggs every fucking day and my bloodwork is completely fine, these jews cannot manipulate me, fuck vegetable oil garbage and plant based crap.

I only use coconut oil and Desi Ghee for cooking.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and Prettyboy
How did it made them obese ?
they have something in them that fraud your brain into thinking it's not full.

mainly though it's the fact they can be so abundant that u can cook so much in them that before would have been a big deal to make, and expensive - imagine peeling and cutting a potato, blanching it, julienning it big, covering sparingly in lard, then roasting it to get nearest.equivalent of French fries.

now u just pulverize them, put some trans fat.in it to keep it good for days, freeze.it, then deep.fry it in a hydrogenated trans fat at 5 mins notice

plus they are transfsts

• Woah
Reactions: hebbewem
They're both inflammatory (olive oil has too much omega 6 for example) sure, but that doesn't make them not right for consumption.

They're actually reasonably good for you in moderation. The poison is seed oils and transfats, and these are consumed in crazy quantities in latam, Africa, India, Asia now so health is at a tipping point.