Brutal Self-esteem / Confidence Pill. It's already set/established by the age of 5.

eduardkoopman

eduardkoopman

Sub-Mod
Baseline of Self-esteem / Confidence; is already set by the age of 5.
I lack self - esteem, in basis/essence I feel mostly. It kinda adds up what I just read, since that I was mentally and physically abused by my father from age zero to 4 (when parents divorced). Which likely fucks up devolppeing good/decent self esteem. I vaguely remember stuff, and heard from stories from family members and people around whom do remember seeing the bad stuff and treaement he did (to me).

So. Anyone lacking Self-Confidence. Likely 1 or both your parents fucked it up in the first 5 years. But likely to them, the same happened with their parents.

quote, from an article and research/study.:
"By age 5 children have a sense of self-esteem comparable in strength to that of adults, according to a new study by University of Washington researchers.
Because self-esteem tends to remain relatively stable across one’s lifespan, the study suggests that this important personality trait is already in place before children begin kindergarten. "

"Our findings suggest that self-esteem, feeling good or bad about yourself, is fundamental,”

"“Self-esteem appears to play a critical role in how children form various social identities. Our findings underscore the importance of the first five years as a foundation for life,”

Source:

To aim to end on a more positive note.
maybe this stuff, can still save some sense of confidence later on:

1. Adjust your body language, to a powerfull body language. (body leading the mind, concept)
2. be more forgiving to yourself about your flaws rather than trying to convince yourself that you’re awesome.
3. Avoid negative self-talk
4. At times of panic, turn your anxiety into excitement
5. Exercise regularly
6. Groom/dress yourself to impress (yourself)
7. Smell great
8. Note your weekly successes, however trivial (or otherwise) they may seem

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: ChaddeusPeuterschmit, Chadelite, Deleted member 2227 and 7 others
I was extroverted until half primary school tbh

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: xanderthegr8r, Chadelite, Deleted member 2227 and 2 others
This helps insanely.
That list, is likely a massive cope. But I didn't want to end on such a bad note, as the reality is.
The baseline is set by ega 5 orso. So, you're either fucked by the ge of 5, or you are lucky and have a healthy sense of self esteem.

That list, is likely a massive cope. But I didn't want to end on such a bad note, as the reality is.
The baseline is set by ega 5 orso. So, you're either fucked by the ge of 5, or you are lucky and have a healthy sense of self esteem.
Bro I had dogshit self esteem at age 15. Now I literally tripled it. No joke.

extroverted IS NOT Self Esteem.

Low Self esteem, likely manifestes itself later in life with being: high in anxiousness and nervousness.
A person can be introverted and high in self-esteem. he will likely be relaxed, but not very much social if it doesn't need to be so.

You probably confuse people behaving shy, because they are anxious/nervouws. they not necesairley introverted. they are just neuroic/anxious/nervous easily; and therefore don't dare to act the wy they are.
Bro I had dogshit self esteem at age 15. Now I literally tripled it. No joke.
I'm so happy for you.

Don't forget to consider.
Maybe your baseline self confidence was pretty good from early childhood. Then through experiences it dropped. Burt then you can easily get bck to the baseline orabove the baseline, with good experiences and stuff.

But I agree for people whom have lowself esteem to go full out on the suggested things in the "cope" list. It will give hope, and a chance fro improvements, and something to do or work at, and an attitude of non-defeat.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: xanderthegr8r, Chadelite, Deleted member 2227 and 1 other person
same i could make friends fine until like 7 or 8 then i got left behind like the subhuman i am

• +1
Reactions: IWantToMax
extroverted IS NOT Self Esteem.

Low Self esteem, likely manifestes itself later in life with being: high in anxiousness and nervousness.
A person can be introverted and high in self-esteem. he will likely be relaxed, but not very much social if it doesn't need to be so.

You probably confuse people behaving shy, because they are anxious/nervouws. they not necesairley introverted. they are just neuroic/anxious/nervous easily; and therefore don't dare to act the wy they are.

I'm so happy for you.

Don't forget to consider.
Maybe your baseline self confidence was pretty good from early childhood. Then through experiences it dropped. Burt then you can easily get bck to the baseline orabove the baseline, with good experiences and stuff.

But I agree for people whom have lowself esteem to go full out on the suggested things in the "cope" list. It will give hope, and a chance fro improvements, and something to do or work at, and an attitude of non-defeat.
In the study all I see is that self-esteem is ESTABLISHED at the age of 5. Not that it's "set in stone", It's not like you literally can't change it. I believe it is malleable.

• +1
Reactions: EthnicelAscension
Self-esteem aint the same as confidence.

• +1
Reactions: Ritalincell
In the study all I see is that self-esteem is ESTABLISHED at the age of 5. Not that it's "set in stone", It's not like you literally can't change it. I believe it is malleable.
It's true its not completely set in stone but in some way it is. You can't just unlive your experiences. For it to change again you'd need positive reinforcement and situations for YEARS in order to mitigate what it was done, which is possible maybe looking good but from normie to lower scales there won't be anything exponentially considerable to trigger that change...

• +1
Reactions: Hepatologyscribe
It's true its not completely set in stone but in some way it is. You can't just unlive your experiences. For it to change again you'd need positive reinforcement and situations for YEARS in order to mitigate what it was done, which is possible maybe looking good but from normie to lower scales there won't be anything exponentially considerable to trigger that change...
Btw I can't stop my self negative talk lol. Crazy to think about it

I lack self - esteem, in basis/essence I feel mostly. It kinda adds up what I just read, since that I was mentally and physically abused by my father from age zero to 4 (when parents divorced). Which likely fucks up devolppeing good/decent self esteem. I vaguely remember stuff, and heard from stories from family members and people around whom do remember seeing the bad stuff and treaement he did (to me).

So. Anyone lacking Self-Confidence. Likely 1 or both your parents fucked it up in the first 5 years. But likely to them, the same happened with their parents.

"By age 5 children have a sense of self-esteem comparable in strength to that of adults, according to a new study by University of Washington researchers.
Because self-esteem tends to remain relatively stable across one’s lifespan, the study suggests that this important personality trait is already in place before children begin kindergarten. "

"Our findings suggest that self-esteem, feeling good or bad about yourself, is fundamental,”

"“Self-esteem appears to play a critical role in how children form various social identities. Our findings underscore the importance of the first five years as a foundation for life,”

Source:

1. Adjust your body language, to a powerfull body language. (body leading the mind, concept)
2. be more forgiving to yourself about your flaws rather than trying to convince yourself that you’re awesome.
5. Exercise regularly
7. Smell great

This study didn't take into account people with a high self esteem who later found the blackpill

This is not cope.

Development years are crucial for your future life quality, if you were subhuman growing up through childhood to high school years you will develop some sort of mental illness

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies and Deleted member 1106

Source:

5. Exercise regularly
7. Smell great
Holy fuck, too brutal. My goodlooking mate got bullied by his mum from an early age, she also through a book at him causing a notable bump like thing on his nose at 4 years old becuase she was pissed off. He was gl but still a big loser very low self esteem. Downhill from there, now skinnyfat

• +1
Reactions: eduardkoopman
Nah

I was nt gigachad w tons of friends and made everyone laugh until middle school cuz kids matured and started being mean

now im normal again

ur just fucked in the head

Nah

I was nt gigachad w tons of friends and made everyone laugh until middle school cuz kids matured and started being mean

now im normal again

ur just fucked in the head
I don't understand what you try to say.
Obviously, self-esteem is affected by how people treat you. In general it is. Your baseline of self-esteem developped at young age, will decide also how much your self-esteem wil drop due to bullying and how you will be able to deal with that.
Self-esteem will change in a lifetime, but more or less around a certain set baseline, that is already set by the age of 5.

For example.

Mr. A self esteem baseline is 4/10 at young age, and his baseline.
In school he is a popular kid, and due to good treatment he feels 1point better then his baseline. 5/10.
Then in 20's, he gets treated aveargaely. And he will fall back to baseline 4/10.
Then in 30's, he gets dumped and bad luck and treatments. And he will fall back -1 on baseline 3/10

Mr. B self esteem baseline is 8/10 at young age, and his baseline.
In school he is a popular kid, and due to good treatment he feels 1 point better then his baseline. 9/10.
Then in 20's, he gets treated aveargaely. And he will fall back to baseline 8/10.
Then in 30's, he gets dumped and bad luck and treatments. And he will fall back -1 on baseline 7/10