can braces ruin face or have any bad effects?

A thread can't get anymore graycel than this :feelskek:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: MA_ascender, Jova and HarrierDuBois
how is being a greyscel bad? you're the one who spent his life here crying and projecting your self hatred on autists rope alrd :lul:
hate it when greycels have a point

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: itsoverformebro, sub5c3l, Jova and 3 others
I'm bracesmaxxed atm, 3-4 months tbh did not ruin my face but I can imagine removing premolars kind of does.. I had my wisdom teeth removed and it had 0 impact on my face, actually maybe made it slightly better

how is being a greyscel bad? you're the one who spent his life here crying and projecting your self hatred on autists rope alrd :lul:
While spending time he learnt more than you which means you are more in need of his assistance than the opposite within this sphere. But to answer your question, I am here with 20k+ posts because braces ruined my face.

• +1
Reactions: xegigi
Not a single word, gayboyo

While spending time he learnt more than you which means you are more in need of his assistance than the opposite within this sphere. But to answer your question, I am here with 20k+ posts because braces ruined my face.
can you pm me before and after

there are so many dif opinions on this, orthos say you jaw get better, psl users say it gets worse. Many people say there face got better, many say your face gets worse

having a subhuman smile like me ruins your face way more than worst case of brace treatment
shitty gum smile here too, my technique is if lonley just dont smile if with people to not look odd just do a small cheeks smile

• +1
Reactions: hopecel
there are so many dif opinions on this, orthos say you jaw get better, psl users say it gets worse. Many people say there face got better, many say your face gets worse
it’s pretty simple really if you’re doing camo orthodontics and trying to correct overbite or underbite with braces that’s dumb but if you’re actually using them in combo with surgery or have good bite it’s fine

• Love it
Reactions: Weed
tbh id listen to a doctor must psls are just dysmorphic autists that cant talk

it’s pretty simple really if you’re doing camo orthodontics and trying to correct overbite or underbite with braces that’s dumb but if you’re actually using them in combo with surgery or have good bite it’s fine
wdym by good bite

• JFL
Reactions: Weed and mirrormogger
How?

shitty gum smile here too, my technique is if lonley just dont smile if with people to not look odd just do a small cheeks smile
I have severe malocclusion on top of that

Rubber bands can negatively impact your maxillary projection, and extractions of non-wisdom teeth combined with retractive orthodontics will inevitably result in bone loss, which can easily ruin a developing face.
However, it depends; if you don't have extractions, the negative impact will be a lot lesser, and if you are past puberty, they won't drastically change your bone structure (although extractions will still result in some degree of bone loss).

• +1
Reactions: chadintraining
Rubber bands can negatively impact your maxillary projection, and extractions of non-wisdom teeth combined with retractive orthodontics will inevitably result in bone loss, which can easily ruin a developing face.
However, it depends; if you don't have extractions, the negative impact will be a lot lesser, and if you are past puberty, they won't drastically change your bone structure (although extractions will still result in some degree of bone loss).
im 18 and my wisdom is healthy and in its late stage of coming out

If you aren’t getting teeth pulled and don’t have rubber bands, you should be good and see no real negative changes

If you get teeth pulled with rubber bands, you are guaranteed to end up with some level of recession and boneloss

• +1
Reactions: FrenchChad
I'm bracesmaxxed atm, 3-4 months tbh did not ruin my face but I can imagine removing premolars kind of does.. I had my wisdom teeth removed and it had 0 impact on my face, actually maybe made it slightly better
wisdom teeth pulled made your face slightly better? how?

wisdom teeth pulled made your face slightly better? how?
I guess it made my right cheek look slightly more hallow
idk might be a coincidence
plus if your teeth are crowded, it kind of expands your middle part

I guess it made my right cheek look slightly more hallow
idk might be a coincidence
plus if your teeth are crowded, it kind of expands your middle part
I got the same thing too, hollow.

But i notice my jaw got somewhat smaller, did you notice any changes to your jaw?

I got the same thing too, hollow.

But i notice my jaw got somewhat smaller, did you notice any changes to your jaw?
Um I'm not sure. I can't tell tbh,
I guess my ortho will send me before and after when I finish my treatment

Um I'm not sure. I can't tell tbh,
I guess my ortho will send me before and after when I finish my treatment
Yeah here's mine, lemme know if you can see differences (he did shaved off some bone to remove impacted teeth since it's required):
Screenshot 2024 05 05 224703
Screenshot 2024 05 05 224628