Can genioplasty fix asymmetric chin?

D

Deleted member 470

Kraken
Reading up on Google I can't find any specific info or examples on this, the left side of my chin is slightly taller than the right side, can genioplasty both fix the asymmetry and give me better protrusion at the same time, without any additional implants? My asymmetry is minor but noticeable.

Thanks

• +1
Reactions: Mateusz74 and Slyfex8
Isn't "noticeable" asymmetry in the chin almost always caused by entire jaw imbalance?

I have this chin problem too, but I can see the asymmetry in the lips, a little bit on the tip of my nose, and I have one side of my jaw that seems more developed than the other in terms of width, I'll soon talk to my orthodontist about it, I think a bite splint can help to correct the imbalance.

I have a TMJ on one side, btw.

• +1
Reactions: Mateusz74, Deleted member 470 and Lorsss
Watch this video. He is talking about asymmetry.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 470
Isn't "noticeable" asymmetry in the chin almost always caused by entire jaw imbalance?

I have this chin problem too, but I can see the asymmetry in the lips, a little bit on the tip of my nose, and I have one side of my jaw that seems more developed than the other in terms of width, I'll soon talk to my orthodontist about it, I think a bite splint can help to correct the imbalance.

I have a TMJ on one side, btw.
Surprisingly enough my left side of jaw is smaller despite left side of chin being bigger, and I have no difference in my lips or nose, I have no idea what could cause it

Reading up on Google I can't find any specific info or examples on this, the left side of my chin is slightly taller than the right side, can genioplasty both fix the asymmetry and give me better protrusion at the same time, without any additional implants? My asymmetry is minor but noticeable.

Thanks
custom chin implant if you have decent forward growth

Yeah you can fix asymmetry with genioplasty, I remember Eppley wrote something about it

• Love it
itll give the illusion of that
From the front? The point of a genio is to push your chin forward so it will look better in the side and 3/4 view lol. If you have a reccesswd chin then chin implants aren't effective.
Also genio is just a better success rate in general.

• +1

Thanks
unevens me

• So Sad
From the front? The point of a genio is to push your chin forward so it will look better in the side and 3/4 view lol. If you have a reccesswd chin then chin implants aren't effective.
Also genio is just a better success rate in general.
oof didnt know that

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 470 and Deleted member 2205