Can we agree on what harmony is once and for all

Octavian_Augustus

Octavian_Augustus

L'État, c'est moi
It's Ratios + Symmetry. It's the basic geometric landmarks and proportions of the face being ideal and "average". Basically if your midface ratio, ESR, facial thirds, nose to mouth ratio etc are within ideal range you have harmony.

It is not synonymous with beauty although harmony does play an important part in creating a good looking face. Other factors impact looks. These are coloration, skin quality, fat levels, and dimorphism (which can take away from harmony if excessive)

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: TAChipmunk, hattrick, T50 Mogger and 3 others

Harmony pill is brutal for many autists​

Not a single good feature on this man, yet unquestionably handsome. Breaks all the users that try to mathematically measure attractiveness.

• JFL
Reactions: Prince88, jflsnowdzz and Deleted member 30918

Harmony pill is brutal for many autists​

View attachment 2372488

Not a single good feature on this man, yet unquestionably handsome. Breaks all the users that try to mathematically measure attractiveness.
He isn't though. His harmony is totally fucked and I think he has only niche appeal.

• +1
Reactions: sportsmogger, Beastchodecode, jflsnowdzz and 5 others
  • +1
Reactions: Beastchodecode and Amnesia
skin quality, facial fat distribution
can easily be considered part of harmony

and also harmony is not about having ideal bones specific to certain measurements, someone with long mid face can still have harmony with his lower third depending on ramus/mandible length

vinnie hacker is a perfect example of this he has a long mid face but his ramus/mandible is also very long which creates a more harmonious face
BEB71621 EE78 4469 98D1 8A53F6A917D4
he also has low set/prominent cheekbones would be considered not ideal but since he was long midface/ ramus length, it almost gives him similar effect of having high-set cheekbones

harmony is very hard to describe and will be very different from person to person, even some failo can look very good if paired with similarly attributed features that harmony with each other

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Allornothing and IHeightMogU
harmony is gestalt. and a gestalt by definition cannot be analyzed, i.e., broken down into parts. thats it

• +1
Reactions: pajeetmaxxing and ElBastardo
harmony is gestalt. and a gestalt by definition cannot be analyzed, i.e., broken down into parts. thats it
Harmony used to have a more specific definition in PSL that was hijacked. It meant your ratios and proportions and how each of the features related to each other geometrically (distance from each other, size relative to each other) Now people just throw the word around and have their own idiosyncratic definitions. People just think pleasing to look at or good looking = harmonious.
can easily be considered part of harmony

and also harmony is not about having ideal bones specific to certain measurements, someone with long mid face can still have harmony with his lower third depending on ramus/mandible length

vinnie hacker is a perfect example of this he has a long mid face but his ramus/mandible is also very long which creates a more harmonious face
View attachment 2372493
he also has low set/prominent cheekbones would be considered not ideal but since he was long midface/ ramus length, it almost gives him similar effect of having high-set cheekbones

harmony is very hard to describe and will be very different from person to person, even some failo can look very good if paired with similarly attributed features that harmony with each other
If you use the term incorrectly yes. If Chico gets acne he still has top tier harmony but his looks suffer.

It is about having specific measurements. Adam Driver is the perfect example of a lack of harmony because all his measurements are off.

I'm not even going to comment on Hacker because all the pics I see of him are hair and angle frauded. He has bangs covering his face and always tilts his head up. IDK if he has good or bad harmony but I can tell his eye separation looks good at least which is a sign of harmony.

It's a meaningless term that people use when they can't descrive how someone looks due to their lack of understanding of aesthetics.

• +1
Reactions: t50prince
Harmony used to have a more specific definition in PSL that was hijacked. It meant your ratios and proportions and how each of the features related to each other geometrically (distance from each other, size relative to each other) Now people just throw the word around and have their own idiosyncratic definitions. People just think pleasing to look at or good looking = harmonious.

It never had any precise meaning. It's gestalt pure and simple. Heisenberg uncertainty principle of looks if you will.

Harmony really can't be quantified easily. It's one of those things that when you see it, you know it's there, and when it's missing you also see it.

It's a meaningless term that people use when they can't descrive how someone looks due to their lack of understanding of aesthetics.
Precisely. And I am trying to give it a concrete and coherent definition.

It's Ratios + Symmetry. It's the basic geometric landmarks and proportions of the face being ideal and "average". Basically if your midface ratio, ESR, facial thirds, nose to mouth ratio etc are within ideal range you have harmony.

It is not synonymous with beauty although harmony does play an important part in creating a good looking face. Other factors impact looks. These are coloration, skin quality, fat levels, and dimorphism (which can take away from harmony if excessive)
what do you think about "harmony god" chico?

what do you think about "harmony god" chico?

Great ESR. Great Midface ratio. Good facial thirds. Nose is a bit wide. Overall very good harmony.

He's also very good looking for other reasons than ratios and geometric harmony. He has great skin, great hair, beautiful lips but above all one of the best eye areas I've ever seen. So it's not just harmony but also strong individual features and incredible indicators of youth.

People just say harmony because they can't explain it properly. He isn't your typical chad with crazy dimorphism so people struggle to explain his beauty.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30918
It’s ratios and masculine/feminine balance. Eg. Masculine jaw with feminine chin or forward brow ridge and infras that are both slightly round. Or in this case:

His cheekbones are high set (masc), not low, and are high mass (vertically tall which is feminine). Ideally at least one important feature should have some balance and then extra feminine features like eyelashes and lips can bring you up further in terms of PSL. Too much masculinity is death.

View attachment 2372522

Great ESR. Great Midface ratio. Good facial thirds. Nose is a bit wide. Overall very good harmony.

He's also very good looking for other reasons than ratios and geometric harmony. He has great skin, great hair, beautiful lips but above all one of the best eye areas I've ever seen. So it's not just harmony but also strong individual features and incredible indicators of youth.

People just say harmony because they can't explain it properly. He isn't your typical chad with crazy dimorphism so people struggle to explain his beauty.
too simple, I've never seen a face as beautiful as yours on all tik tok etc. these things you listed are too simple, go into more detail.
are you telling me that if he didn't have a defined jawline or a good eye area his harmony would be destroyed?
DAD77CB0 71F1 4ACB B219 D90675E0FCE6