Eye Spacing is Misunderstood

DelonLover1999

DelonLover1999

Meso + Meso
ITT I will attempt to explain why I think some people here put a disproportionately big weight on eye spacing ratios like ESR and ICD : PFL, and also present a potentially better way to assess the pleasantness of someone's eye area.

Classical Method:

The usual way of rating an eye area harmony is to calculate the main ratios (water), the most popular one being the Eye Separation Ratio (which you are all probably familiar with). Traditionally, this is the most important ratio of the region, and can make or break someone's harmony.

I'm not denying it's is an important ratio, but it can be very misleading, as I'll demonstrate here.

Case Study: Chace Crawford

Crawford

A real nigga

I think we can all agree that this guy has a good eye area. It has many strong points. But someone could say that all these good factors are compensating for his rather low ESR of 0.422 (Measured in the photo above). In reality, his eye harmony looks quite good despite this very deviant ratio. In fact, most people that I show Crawford to guess his ESR to be much higher than it is. This is the key to why the classical method fails, and why this new one could thrive and become a standard.

1st note: A Light color helps a lot with extreme ESR's (and conversely, dark makes it look worse). The reason is that if the center of the pupil is more ambiguous, the actual IPD measurement becomes harder to discern. (credit to @Orc for this explanation.)

So let's give him T50s

Crawford t50

Some dalit jfl

But even with this nerf, his eye area still looks pretty good. Why?

2nd note: bonesbonesbones. The shape of the orbitals is the most important aspect of the whole eye area. Chace's orbitals are strong, laterally projected af (look at how much his brows extend past the eye corner and close to the zygomatic process). The eyes sit nicely within the sockets with no excess tissue or fat where it's not supposed to be. This all boils down to the idea of Periorbital Contour (look it up here on .org if you wanna learn more, and credits to @garoupilled_ for the original thread).

To illustrate the 3rd point, let's nerf his supras:

Crawford cuck

lil bro becoming harmless ngl

Okay, so his orbits aren't insanely strong or masc anymore. Wtf is keeping him from becoming a cyclops abomination? He still looks okay (altho descending rapidly).

3rd note: Nose length is law. This is often overlooked because it isn't even part of the eye area. But you can see that, even when your eye spacing doesn't harmonize that well with zygos, it can still look harmonious in the context of the whole midface. The Ipsilateral Alar Angle (bottom of the nose to both eye corners) is what's saving his eye area harmony here.

Okay, so now that we found out what's going on, we can KO this motherfucker once and for all.

Crawford over

over :/

Now he can safely browse .org without worrying about mentalceldom. Any shred of appeal he has left comes from jaw and soft features. Eye area is no longer a good trait, despite the shape itself still being good.

So that's it folks. Through this line of reasoning you can now analyze and assess eye areas in a much better and complete way, instead of sperging out and instantly measuring the IPD of every new greycel that comes in the rating section
(Inb4 this was all a huge cope made by OP cause he has that failo.)

TLDR:

ESR is still a useful ratio, but one can still have top tier eye area harmony & pleasantness while falling very outside of the ideal range. Color, Orbital Bone Structure, and most importantly, how the nose length harmonizes with the eyes (Ipsilateral Alar Angle) are the key here.

As a final consideration, I would add that someone's eye spacing isn't something that's very clear in some angle, but the orbital bone shape and how the eyes sit within always are.

My nigga crawford

dam nigguh

Special thanks to my nigga @SurgeryEnjoyer for discussing this topic and helping me find the answer.

And here's a compilation of other moggers with very unideal ESRs
, and also a similar compilation of niggas whose ESR's actually hurt them a lot.

Somerhalder Theo james Bieber Ledger

vs

Gosling Biggs2 Jaric Odowd

@HarrierDuBois @aesthetic beauty @cytoplasm @Sny @Squirtle @emeraldglass @ascension @Lord&Master @cancercell @Debetro @BrahminBoss @john2 @Clavicular @pentamogged9000 @Dr. Moggenheimer @5'7 zoomer @poopoohead

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Moggkrates, EthnicelAscension, It'snotover and 30 others
ITT I will attempt to explain why I think some people here put a disproportionately big weight on eye spacing ratios like ESR and ICD : PFL, and also present a potentially better way to assess the pleasantness of someone's eye area.

Classical Method:

The usual way of rating an eye area harmony is to calculate the main ratios (water), the most popular one being the Eye Separation Ratio (which you are all probably familiar with). Traditionally, this is the most important ratio of the region, and can make or break someone's harmony.

I'm not denying it's is an important ratio, but it can be very misleading, as I'll demonstrate here.

View attachment 2821861

A real nigga

I think we can all agree that this guy has a good eye area. It has many strong points. But someone could say that all these good factors are compensating for his rather low ESR of 0.422 (Measured in the photo above). In reality, his eye harmony looks quite good despite this very deviant ratio. In fact, most people that I show Crawford to guess his ESR to be much higher than it is. This is the key to why the classical method fails, and why this new one could thrive and become a standard.

1st note: A Light color helps a lot with extreme ESR's (and conversely, dark makes it look worse). The reason is that if the center of the pupil is more ambiguous, the actual IPD measurement becomes harder to discern. (credit to @Orc for this explanation.)

So let's give him T50s

View attachment 2821889
Some dalit jfl

2nd note: bonesbonesbones. The shape of the orbitals is the most important aspect of the whole eye area. Chace's orbitals are strong, laterally projected af (look at how much his brows extend past the eye corner and close to the zygomatic process). The eyes sit nicely within the sockets with no excess tissue or fat where it's not supposed to be. This all boils down to the idea of Periorbital Contour (look it up here on .org if you wanna learn more, and credits to @garoupilled_ for the original thread).

View attachment 2821914

Okay, so his orbits aren't insanely strong or masc anymore. Wtf is keeping him from becoming a cyclops abomination? He still looks okay (altho descending rapidly).

3rd note: Nose length is law. This is often overlooked because it isn't even part of the eye area. But you can see that, even when your eye spacing doesn't harmonize that well with zygos, it can still look harmonious in the context of the whole midface. The Ipsilateral Alar Angle (bottom of the nose to both eye corners) is what's saving his eye area harmony here.

Okay, so now that we found out what's going on, we can KO this motherfucker once and for all.

View attachment 2821944

Now he can safely browse .org without worrying about mentalceldom. Any shred of appeal he has left comes from jaw and soft features. Eye area is no longer a good trait, despite the shape itself still being good.

So that's it folks. Through this line of reasoning you can now analyze and assess eye areas in a much better and complete way, instead of sperging out and instantly measuring the IPD of every new greycel that comes in the rating section

TLDR:

ESR is still a useful ratio, but one can still have top tier eye area harmony & pleasantness while falling very outside of the ideal range. Color, Orbital Bone Structure, and most importantly, how the nose length harmonizes with the eyes (Ipsilateral Alar Angle) are the key here.

As a final consideration, I would add that someone's eye spacing isn't something that's very clear in some angle, but the orbital bone shape and how the eyes sit within always are.

View attachment 2821973
dam nigguh

Special thanks to my nigga @SurgeryEnjoyer for discussing this topic and helping find the answer.

, and also a similar compilation of niggas whose ESR's actually hurt them a lot.

View attachment 2821986View attachment 2821987View attachment 2821988View attachment 2822001

vs

View attachment 2821996View attachment 2821994View attachment 2822013View attachment 2822000

@HarrierDuBois @aesthetic beauty @cytoplasm @Sny @Squirtle @emeraldglass @ascension @Lord&Master @cancercell @Debetro @BrahminBoss @john2 @Clavicular @pentamogged9000 @Dr. Moggenheimer @5'7 zoomer @poopoohead
High iq

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: aesthetic beauty, ElTruecel and DelonLover1999
inb4 botb

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: mvp2v1, Clavicular and DelonLover1999
Read every word

Of the title

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: silencio, HerpDerpson, greycel and 2 others
now do one for wide set eyes

• +1
Reactions: iabsolvejordan and DelonLover1999
now do one for wide set eyes
Same principle applies

If you have wide set eyes but a good IAA and strong orbitals, you're chilling type shii

• +1
Reactions: iabsolvejordan and vzidel
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: lightskinbengali, |Daddy_Zygos|, iabsolvejordan and 2 others
MFs see a thread with large underscored segments + images for reference and scream BOTB. Good thread OP though.
I morphed the images myself tho, that must count for something bhai...

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: poopoohead and HarrierDuBois

Classical Method:

View attachment 2821861

A real nigga

So let's give him T50s

View attachment 2821889
Some dalit jfl

View attachment 2821914

View attachment 2821944

TLDR:

View attachment 2821973
dam nigguh

Special thanks to my nigga @SurgeryEnjoyer for discussing this topic and helping me find the answer.

View attachment 2821986View attachment 2821987View attachment 2821988View attachment 2822001

vs

View attachment 2821996View attachment 2821994View attachment 2822013View attachment 2822000

if someone has an ESR of 0.45 but bad Eye spacing 84:100, would getting a more wider jaw hurt his harmony? Also are there any fixes for getting better spacing?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: DelonLover1999
if someone has an ESR of 0.45 but bad Eye spacing 84:100, would getting a more wider jaw and wider cheekbones hurt his harmony?
Most likely wouldn't

Lower third and eye area are mostly independent

Wider cheekbones are a diff story tho, cause they affect the ESR directly. But you'll probably be fine there, too. Just don't go overboard with wideness.

• +1
Reactions: Incel-18.000 points, aesthetic beauty and Ether

Classical Method:

View attachment 2821861

A real nigga

So let's give him T50s

View attachment 2821889
Some dalit jfl

View attachment 2821914

View attachment 2821944

TLDR:

View attachment 2821973
dam nigguh

Special thanks to my nigga @SurgeryEnjoyer for discussing this topic and helping find the answer.

vs

Your overall

Classical Method:

View attachment 2821861

A real nigga

So let's give him T50s

View attachment 2821889
Some dalit jfl

View attachment 2821914

View attachment 2821944

TLDR:

View attachment 2821973
dam nigguh

vs

How a flaw affects the face depends on the surrounding features and ratios. No one would call drago inbred or horsefaced even though he has a sub .45 esr and a .92 Midface bécause hé has good features that compensate for thèse flaws. À fllaw that is barely visible on Drago’s face could Make an average face sub 3.
1EE62B5F 0F28 490D B3FD 3B5AC63CC659

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: AscendingHero, Ether and DelonLover1999
Most likely wouldn't

Lower third and eye area are mostly independent

Wider cheekbones are a diff story tho, cause they affect the ESR directly. But you'll probably be fine there, too. Just don't go overboard with wideness.
Btw you posted this thread at a great time because I've been overthinking about this topic since yesterday jfl.

• Love it
Your overall

How a flaw affects the face depends on the surrounding features and ratios. No one would call drago inbred or horsefaced even though he has a sub .45 esr and a .92 Midface bécause hé has good features that compensate for thèse flaws. À fllaw that is barely visible on Drago’s face could Make an average face sub 3.
View attachment 2822051
Yeah ofc, but most ppl know abt whole face compensation theory

That's why i decided to focus on the compensation that happens in the eye area itself or close to it

• +1
Reactions: aesthetic beauty
Yeah ofc, but most ppl know abt whole face compensation theory

That's why i decided to focus on the compensation that happens in the eye area itself or close to it
People underestimate how impactful it is tho. Most people would say a .92 midface is trucel tier and it is for most people.

• +1
Your overall

View attachment 2822051
Drago is just peak male experience

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, aesthetic beauty and DelonLover1999
People underestimate how impactful it is tho. Most people would say a .92 midface is trucel tier and it is for most people.
I have similar ratios to Drago in this regard; just a bit more compact midface, but not by much

• +1
Reactions: Ether and aesthetic beauty
look at how much his brows extend past the eye corner and close to the zygomatic process
Didn't know having long brows meant you have very laterally projected orbitals

Didn't know having long brows meant you have very laterally projected orbitals
yeah, the brow usually ends at the upper corner of the orbitals

• +1
Reactions: smallman
@coispet sticky sticky

Usually esr’s that are 44-48 are fine and don’t usually look off irl, it’s when it’s under 44 where you need to heavily rely on the features you mentioned.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: st.hamudi but 6‘5, aesthetic beauty and DelonLover1999
Me when my esr is .42

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: st.hamudi but 6‘5, Allornothing, Akhi and 1 other person
  • +1
ur worst ratio is bigonial bizygo ur cope is cagefuel that its .94, its legit even
It's 89 in my pfp bruh
It varies cuz sometimes I make my jaw wider or smaller

• +1
ur worst ratio is bigonial bizygo ur cope is cagefuel that its .94, its legit even
Screenshot 20240326 172108 ImageMeter

There's like 1 or 2 pics of me from last year when it was like 97 lol

oh fuck mirin den

yea blud u fucked up and look giga aspie in that
Yeh I did some weird shit to my midface and my jaw was way too fucking big and I was wearing concealer that was the wrong shade on my beard shadow making me look more grey

Yeh I did some weird shit to my midface and my jaw was way too fucking big and I was wearing concealer that was the wrong shade on my beard shadow making me look more grey
fuckkk i might try chin filler even tho its meme tier for migration to the submental/hyroid

Definitely a good thread but not long enough to be pinned
damn, is it a new policy?

I've had smaller threads than this get stickied

• +1
Reactions: st.hamudi but 6‘5
top tier eye area harmony & pleasantness
No you cannot

Chace Crawford has a narrow peanut skull and looks like a normal CM Brunn x North atlantid male

He descended hard btw

His eye area is pure coloring contrast and brows, that alone puts him above many males (maybe 60+ percentile)

Sounds self contradictory but that alone doesn't make for a top tier eye area. His lack of eye spacing along with his other hypoplastic features means his looks level is brutally capped

Facial aesthetics should be observed holistically

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Lookologist003, aesthetic beauty and UZB_Strebl
High IQ thread

• Love it

SomerhalderTheo jamesBieberLedger
All their looks levels are extremely capped by such

Ian Somerhalder has more halos than these other guys and bones that make him more appealing

But even he would be much better looking wider wider features (lips, fwhr, ipd, pfl) like 99% of people

This is another reason why you never see any of these guys mentioned among the true facial elite. Too many failos and we need to lambaste low ipd and pfl (they work together) more

Specifically IOD (inter orbital distance includes ICD and OCD) as heavier failos

When they're morphed and amended the difference is staggering.

• +1
Reactions: iabsolvejordan
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Akatlyn
No you cannot

Chace Crawford has a narrow peanut skull and looks like a normal CM Brunn x North atlantid male

He descended hard btw

His eye area is pure coloring contrast and brows, that alone puts him above many males (maybe 60+ percentile)

Sounds self contradictory but that alone doesn't make for a top tier eye area. His lack of eye spacing along with his other hypoplastic features means his looks level is brutally capped

Facial aesthetics should be observed holistically
I don't consider it as a narrow skull. Looks like a normal skull + good jawline.

Attachments

• Chace_Crawford_2012_Shankbone.jpeg
    Chace_Crawford_2012_Shankbone.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Your overall

View attachment 2822051
Exactly

Hernan drago is literally a strong gigachad (all the facial traits that come along with that) and actually you measured his ratos wrong

In this pic he has a 1 MFR

and a 0.45 ESR, sometimes it's .44 depending on the photo

Not ideal but it's acceptable, especially for a caucasoid male

Another pic 0.45 ESR

He has similar facial layout/esr to taylor hill

It's acceptable in certain shots you can see it's on the narrowish side and he'd mog harder with a few more mms of ipd but yea he mogs

In this pic, I got MFR from 0.94-0.96

In that longish to medium tier

He has a dolicho lepto skull and is a caucasoid , so the averageness still lines up. His ESR/MFR not picture perfect ideal (one of the reasons he's not a terachad) but holistically still incredibly harmonious

Don't know where you got 0.92 midface from (horse tier) also if you have a high lower full face ratio (big jaw) you could still pull it off

• +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos| and aesthetic beauty
All their looks levels are extremely capped by such

Ian Somerhalder has more halos than these other guys and bones that make him more appealing

But even he would be much better looking wider wider features (lips, fwhr, ipd, pfl) like 99% of people

This is another reason why you never see any of these guys mentioned among the true facial elite. Too many failos and we need to lambaste low ipd and pfl (they work together) more

Specifically IOD (inter orbital distance includes ICD and OCD) as heavier failos

When they're morphed and amended the difference is staggering.
ngl i feel like you completely missed the point of this thread

I never claimed you could be a PSL God with sub ~43.7ish (this seems to be the low end, since delon is around that), my claim was that you can still have a pleasant and appealing eye area. I explained step by step what are the factors that compensate for a bad ESR, with some being known and some being novel (third point, which I've never seen brought up in this context here).

At the end of the day it's still a failo, much like any other one. But placing a single ratio on a pedestal is precisely what you said shouldn't be done, and I agree. Faces should be analyzed holistically.

And to conclude, all my examples of moggers featured men who are almost universally considered to be gl. And they all pull it off because of the reasons I stated ITT. Somerhalder, for instance, would look better with some wider features, as you said, but not much better. Guy is already insanely maxxed out in terms of dimorphism, bone mass, etc.

Don't kid yourself, you could pick apart anyone's face if you wanted to. And the upper echelon of looks, subjectivity plays a much bigger role than almost anything else (hence the endless discussions on this forum abt best looking men and women oat).

• +1
Reactions: It'snotover, st.hamudi but 6‘5, |Daddy_Zygos| and 1 other person
I don't consider it as a narrow skull. Looks like a normal skull + good jawline.
Bruh

I call him narrow because relative to his ipd his facial width is nothing outstanding and you can clearly see the recession and hyoplasia all over his face

Even in his more flattering younger photos

Mesocephalic male

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos| and DelonLover1999
Bruh
View attachment 2823729View attachment 2823735

I call him narrow because relative to his ipd his facial width
Makes no sense at all, his width is huge compared to IPD, which is exactly why his ESR is so low lmfao
Unless you're saying that his IPD is so small that his total absolute width is still small despite the big gap between the two. Even then it's not that important, you can see in videos his skull size looks average. Absolute values are pretty much a non issue for 99 of people who have average skull sizes, and barely affects attractiveness if at all.

and you can clearly see the recession and hyoplasia all over his face

Even in his more flattering younger photos

Mesocephalic male
He has textbook projection of the midface region, great zygo tapering
wtf are you on about bro

Not recessed in any metric, quite literally
Good convexity, chin projection, pretty decent infras

If you personally don't rate him as high, just come out and say it, no need to create imaginary reasons.
It might even be due to his ESR, which is still a valid reason tbh. Some people will place more emphasis on some ratios more than others when rating, which is normal.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: st.hamudi but 6‘5 and Akatlyn
), my claim was that you can still have a pleasant and appealing eye area.
This is water though

I didn't come here to spew water but to give my own two cents in general

But placing a single ratio on a pedestal is precisely what you said shouldn't be done, and I agree. F
Every ratio isn't and shouldn't be weighed on the same scale

Your inter orbital distance is literally your facial layout.
Somerhalder, for instance, would look better with some wider features, as you said, but not much better.
Disagree, this is even before you start making other traits wider to harmonize with that IPD

Milimeters seperate chadlites, chads, gigachads, terachads, etc

Milimeters are kilometers on the face

Not the best morph (done by @thecel but you can get an idea)

https://looksmax.org/threads/ian-somerhalder-is-subhuman.178564/
Guy is already insanely maxxed out in terms of dimorphism, bone mass, etc.
Disagree too, too many bigger moggers that disprove but real and morphed

And the upper echelon of looks, subjectivity plays a much bigger role than almost anything else (hence the endless discussions on this forum abt best looking men and women oat).
Disagree again , this forum is lagging far too behind on aesthetics

Introductory thread by @Korea Sama on this:

Don't kid yourself, you could pick apart anyone's face if you wanted to.
Right and whether i pick apart it or not the flaws are still there

Shows us how far humans are off perfection and how rare/celebrated moggers & foggers are

Most universally attractive dudes have numerous failos , this is lifefuel in a way tbh

I never claimed you could be a PSL God with sub ~43.7ish (this seems to be the low end, since delon is around that),
If I speak.....
GIF by Christmas FM

IOD is more like a rule to the face not a multiplier, other literally halos (ie chace's eyebrows/coloring contrast) help with appeal

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|, iabsolvejordan, DelonLover1999 and 1 other person
Damn Crawford was a pretty boy gigachad in his prime.

• JFL
Reactions: AscendingHero
Makes no sense at all, his width is huge compared to IPD, which is exactly why his ESR is so low lmfao
Exactly, he's a borderline cyclops and severes his looks , esp when his upper third is on display and it ruins other proportions

I think it's the pudgy buccal area but looks at his cheeks
vs

He simply doesnt have that level of zygo prominence. Him having wide bizygomatics relative to his tiny IPD doesnt mean he's a zygo mogger

Also has a shortish viscerocranium in general

Look at his side profile, best explains everything im saying

Peanut man peanut

Tiny splancho in general and that curveoccipital helps with his side profile when he has hair imo, frauds length

Chance Crawford & Ian Somerhalder morph

pretty decent infras

Good convexity, chin projection,
Never said otherwise

Lad descended when he got bloated and stop using fringes

If you personally don't rate him as high, just come out and say it, no need to create imaginary reasons.
That's obvious, I didn't need to say he isnt that GL , we have 2 eyes

imaginary reasons?

You have a lot to learn facial aesthetic wise mate

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|, iabsolvejordan and DelonLover1999