Can your chin be TOO big and what ideal chin to philtrum

Roge

Roge

Heightfidence and faceonality
no the bigger the better

• +1
Reactions: m0ss26, Roge and LooksThinker
If you don't have a disease I don't think you can have "too big of a chin". Even in people with acromegaly their chins wouldn't look as uncanny if they weren't downgrown

• +1
Reactions: m0ss26 and Roge
If you don't have a disease I don't think you can have "too big of a chin". Even in people with acromegaly their chins wouldn't look as uncanny if they weren't downgrown
What disease are you talking about and how to know that you are not downgrown?

• +1
Reactions: JCaesar
What disease are you talking about
Something like an extreme deformity on craniofacial development.
and how to know that you are not downgrown?
Technically everyone is downgrown nowadays. It's more of a matter of how much you are, looking at your gonial angle helps a lot

Something like an extreme deformity on craniofacial development.

Technically everyone is downgrown nowadays. It's more of a matter of how much you are, looking at your gonial angle helps a lot
Mandibular plane angle is more important than gonial angle to see if ur downgrown. U can have good gonial but still be downgrown because of downswung mandible

• +1
Reactions: JCaesar
Mandibular plane angle is more important than gonial angle to see if ur downgrown. U can have good gonial but still be downgrown because of downswung mandible
Elab if possible because I'm scared now.
Pics would be appreciated

it can both be too wide and too long.

I have the former, but you can't really see except from some angles, my protuberance goes almost to the tip of my nose but it doesn't affect the philtrum to chin ratio because it's not down-grown.

in most cases when the mandibular body is too long it's a response to a lack of ramus depth and compensates for facial depth by growing down-wards, this is not what I have.

• +1
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer
Elab if possible because I'm scared now.
Pics would be appreciated
When this angle is too high, should be parallel to frankfurt plane to measure it

Attachments

• 4B4A9F8A-209B-4886-91DA-6BB294A67C5D.jpeg
    4B4A9F8A-209B-4886-91DA-6BB294A67C5D.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 0
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 45811
Yes, a chin can be too big. It's called a witch's chin.

• JFL
Reactions: Debetro
yes definitely can be too long

• +1
Reactions: shalomnigga

I have the former, but you can't really see except from some angles, my protuberance goes almost to the tip of my nose but it doesn't affect the philtrum to chin ratio because it's not down-grown.

in most cases when the mandibular body is too long it's a response to a lack of ramus depth and compensates for facial depth by growing down-wards, this is not what I have.
Will this result in long philtrum? Or what is the result of this

• +1
Reactions: Roge
Average from some photos that I have measured rn, I have:
3💀
send photos in pm i would be suprised

send photos in pm i would be suprised
I really dont want to send full face at this moment, probably will later this year. But maybe I can zoom and send only lower third

I really dont want to send full face at this moment, probably will later this year. But maybe I can zoom and send only lower third
Send me also

• +1
i’m trustworthy and won’t leak but yeah do whatever ur comfortable with bro

• +1
what is your gonial angle
I really cant measure it properly and always getting a range from 120 to 135. Do you know the best method how to do this on photo?

I really cant measure it properly and always getting a range from 120 to 135. Do you know the best method how to do this on photo?
mirror pics, if your ramus is short then your philtrum to chin ratio like this is probably because of downgrowth
20231124 222732

like O'Pry

ye, but if its not over 123° then it doesn't worth it
Well, because i dont have any signs of downgrowth, such as long midface (1.07, long philtrum (≈15mm) I dont think that its traditional downgrowth. Just high gonial and short ramus

• +1
Reactions: smoth

What’s your chin to philtrum ratio

Yes , but bigger better than short