central elements of calf aesthetics

D

Deleted member 18582

Poet laureate of the deep state
im going to be writing a definitive thread on this soon (youll be able to read it in botb shortly after i post it), but for now a few preliminary remarks

calf aesthetics are underrated. unfortunately, if yours aren't good there's basically nothing you can do to fix them. not even calf exercises since so much on calf aesthetics is not related to muscle size or definition.

central elements to consider
  1. leg hair color and texture - some guys have leg hair that just "looks" clean, and others have leg hair that just "looks" dirty. I can't quite explain it, but you know it when you see it.
  2. skin texture and coloring - good coloring often seems to accompany good leg hair texture or color, or they at least seem to work together in some mysterious way
  3. shape of the calf insertion - must be long, you do not want a "high cheekbone" look on the calves. you want a pronounced submalar region. imagine if derek graz's ogee curve was on a calf--this is what you want. THE WIDEST POINT OF YOUR INSERTION SHOULD BE AROUND THE 50-60% MARK NOT THE 80% MARK
  4. shape of the tibia and fibula -
  5. must look good in long socks. Long socks are the pushup bras of the calves

repeat it with me: calves are the cheekbones of the lower third (of the body

Some examples
Calfology.jpg

His calves are muscular but they look like shit. The insertion is too high and pronounced. You can clearly see where the muscle ends, and there is too dramatic a steep off

Paulo Dybala's are good, but not perfect.
IMG_20220222_221759.jpg

his legs look different here since hes leaning on his left one. (photo left). LEFT one looks good here, but the RIGHT one shows a minor issue. Would be perfect if the insertion was slightly longer and filled in the area in the red line below:

j45OIqd.png

Marlon Teixeira
Marlon-Teixeira-Feet-4451941.jpg

The insertion is too narrow and looks gracile. Also slightly bowlegged--you don't want this either, this is the leg equivalent of
Ankles are also very narrow. ANKLE WIDTH matters just like WRIST WIDTH matters--you want a big one but not cankle tier.

EBUMKQ6U8AAPatQ.jpg:large

lilhuddy: just way too fucking skinny. If his calves were a midface it would be maxillary hypoplasia

This guy:
ba52e972-31af-4d73-891b-6ecc1b63cec7_instyle_ai.jpeg

Very good shape just needs SLIGHTLY less wide ankle area
But of course bad coloring and weird leg hair texture failos them

images

Ludde blomqvist.
Overall quite good, the insertion could be SLIGHTLY wider but looks good in the long socks

c947d77878b8ffb656427d99e377bdea.jpg

jared leto - weird shaped insertion, too dramatic a taper as it moves into the ankle

Subtheory - THE IDEAL HEIGHT IS 180CM BECAUSE THIS TENDS TO PRODUCE THE BEST CALF CONTOURS.

All guys who are 6'0"+ and have shit calves are incels

Mor ecoming soon

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Toth's thot
tag me in your next calf thread please

tag me in your next calf thread please
will do but tbh may be a while, just realized i opened up a whole new can of worms with knee shape

holy fuck

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot