Cheap custom bimax plates in Europe

B

brock

Iron
So basically I'm consulting with a surgeon in Switzerland who says the company that makes custom plates in Switzerland is very expensive. I told him surgeons in other countries (like the Italians) offer much cheap plates. He said he's willing to import them from another country.

I know Pagnoni does custom plates and his prices aren't that bad, so they must be cheap. Anybody know what company he uses? Or another cheap company in Europe?

@RealSurgerymax you might be the only one who can answer this lol

Why not just use traditional plates instead?

So basically I'm consulting with a surgeon in Switzerland who says the company that makes custom plates in Switzerland is very expensive. I told him surgeons in other countries (like the Italians) offer much cheap plates. He said he's willing to import them from another country.

I know Pagnoni does custom plates and his prices aren't that bad, so they must be cheap. Anybody know what company he uses? Or another cheap company in Europe?

I can’t quote his prices but if I’m not mistaken custom plates adds 5-7K + and sometimes he uses just custom plate for maxilla and then regular for BSSO. So it’s hard to say exactly. Different countries need different certifications. EU-CE certified is less than US-FDA. The cheapest plates are gonna be available at the Hardmax center of SEA where ISO certification is all that is needed (about + $3k for a full bimax)

• +1
Reactions: NegativeNorwood
Can someone explain why to use custom plates instead of normal ones

The hint is in the name
surely the aesthetic impact bimax is 95% the size of the movements you are doing, not whether the plates are custom

idk it's still fairly expensive (depending on your definition of expensive, though). with ramieri it's an additional 6k eur for custom plates

I can’t quote his prices but if I’m not mistaken custom plates adds 5-7K + and sometimes he uses just custom plate for maxilla and then regular for BSSO. So it’s hard to say exactly. Different countries need different certifications. EU-CE certified is less than US-FDA. The cheapest plates are gonna be available at the Hardmax center of SEA where ISO certification is all that is needed (about + $3k for a full bimax)
Do you have an estimate when that will open?

Why not just use traditional plates instead?
Because not everything can be done with standard plates. Basic bimax can be done, but complex or custom movements cannot. At least that’s what my surgeon said when he mentioned a 3 piece cut to surgically expand my maxilla.
Thanks, but do you know the company Pagnoni uses? I found out from a previous comment of yours that Ramieri uses 3dific. My surgeon is in Europe, so probably need to stick to EU-CE certified.