Cinnamon has potential as an anti-aging supplement

D

Deleted member 1901

Kraken
Warning: i do not recommend consuming a teaspoon of cassia cinnamon in a day due to the toxicity of coumarin.

“These activities [elevation of the expression levels of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ (PPARγ) and activate AMP kinase (AMPK) by an active ingredient in cinnamon, cinnamaldhyde] mimic the action of the thiazolidinediones and metformin”

You probably already know that metformin, a drug used to treat diabetes, slows aging. So it is possible that cinnamaldehyde or cinnamon will do the same.

Additionally, cinnamon inhibits the mTOR pathway, which is known to slow aging.

“Another compound present in cinnamon, β-caryophyllene oxide, has been suggested to activate the mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR)”

(Rapamycin inhibits mTOR)

Cinnamon was shown to increase lifespan in fruit flies:
657C15C6 9CD8 4358 A140 521FE28A1337

Discussion:

Cinnamon increases lifespan in fruit flies, suggesting that they aged slower. This effect is evidence it may do the same in humans. two mechanisms in which cinnamon slows aging have been suggested: mimicking metformin through cinnamaldehyde and activation of rapamycin (which inhibits mTOR). It should be noted that cinnamaldehyde was not shown to improve longevity in the same study. Therefore, the activation of rapamycin is the more likely mechanism in my opinion due to being unrelated to cinnamaldehyde.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
  • Hmm...
Reactions: spirili, looksmidder, ArcticStorm and 3 others
@ArcticStorm @Ellipsis @ph4ntom @julian111

• +1
  • So Sad
  • Hmm...
Reactions: ArcticStorm, nulll, pneumocystosis and 1 other person
Cinnamon's also good for your breath, so the benefits to it are legit as long as consumed in moderation.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: pneumocystosis and Deleted member 1901
i just follow the blonde anti aging guy on ytb

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
Cinnamon's also good for your breath, so the benefits to it are legit as long as consumed in moderation.
I may start consuming cinnamon daily. I wish I had access to Ceylon cinnamon. Ceylon cinnamon contains MUCH less coumarin than cassia. (250 times less according to one source)

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 25938
I may start consuming cinnamon daily. I wish I had access to Ceylon cinnamon. Ceylon cinnamon contains MUCH less coumarin than cassia. (250 times less according to one source)
Bro those Ceylon cinnamon sticks look beautiful.
2-1-1024x576.png

Would you ever bite off the bark raw, in tiny bits? I'm kinda curious if one can do that without dying inside. It seems like it'd be an interesting thing to try.

Also get curried (cuz Ceylon = Sri Lanka).

• +1
2-1-1024x576.png

Would you ever bite off the bark raw, in tiny bits? I'm kinda curious if one can do that without dying inside. It seems like it'd be an interesting thing to try.

I would eat one of those sticks. Looks good. I don’t see why one would die, considering the massively reduced coumarin levels.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 25938
good thread, how much should you take per day?
2-1-1024x576.png

also how much more could you take if you manage to get Ceylon

• +1
good thread, how much should you take per day?
Well I’d recommend under a teaspoon.

Maybe 1/4th to 1/2 a teaspoon?

You don’t want to take too little or it’ll have only a small effect.

I started taking a mixture of ingredients in the morning.

In the morning I take cinnamon, ginger, turmeric with black pepper to massively increase absorption of the curcumin. I also take matcha tea powder. I take all this in the morning so that it stacks with my fasting. And I take a spoon of fish oil because many of the micronutrients, including the resveratrol from the matcha and other polyphenols, are fat soluble and need to be taken with a lipid to be absorbed

• +1
Reactions: looksmidder
Well I’d recommend under a teaspoon.

Maybe 1/4th to 1/2 a teaspoon?

You don’t want to take too little or it’ll have only a small effect.

I started taking a mixture of ingredients in the morning.

In the morning I take cinnamon, ginger, turmeric with black pepper to massively increase absorption of the curcumin. I also take matcha tea powder. I take all this in the morning so that it stacks with my fasting. And I take a spoon of fish oil because many of the micronutrients, including the resveratrol from the matcha and other polyphenols, are fat soluble and need to be taken with a lipid to be absorbed
bookmarked, sounds very good. i think green tea could be worth adding, not sure what it does but i’ve seen it mentioned for it’s anti ageing properties

• +1
bookmarked, sounds very good. i think green tea could be worth adding, not sure what it does but i’ve seen it mentioned for it’s anti ageing properties
Matcha tea specifically is what you’d expect want.

It contains the polyphenol resveratrol. I’m not sure that’s the only benefit of matcha, but it’s the only one I know of. Matcha contains much higher resveratrol than other forms of green tea because it’s grown partially on the shade. Resveratrol is used to protect a plant (it’s made by plants but seems to function in other organisms as well) from environmental insults. In this way, it can slow aging.

Whether it slows aging in humans, especially those with healthy lifestyles, is controversial.

• +1
Matcha tea specifically is what you’d expect want.

It contains the polyphenol resveratrol. I’m not sure that’s the only benefit of matcha, but it’s the only one I know of. Matcha contains much higher resveratrol than other forms of green tea because it’s grown partially on the shade. Resveratrol is used to protect a plant (it’s made by plants but seems to function in other organisms as well) from environmental insults. In this way, it can slow aging.

Whether it slows aging in humans, especially those with healthy lifestyles, is controversial.
mb i thought green tea was something different, sounds good

• +1
  • +1