Could AI prevent growth plate closure from accutane?

Jeww

Jeww

Banned
Title

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: cyprian_tomaszewski and shieldzz
If i recall correctly it's due to its impact on bone metabolism since accutane doesn't really change E2 levels, so no.
Never uses Accutane if you are still growing.

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend and Jeww
Accutane decreases igf-1, it doesn't close plates. I've heard that decreasing the igf-1 is not the primary reason that it destroys acne so maybe hgh+accutane is legit?

• +1
Reactions: Jeww
Accutane decreases igf-1, it doesn't close plates. I've heard that decreasing the igf-1 is not the primary reason that it destroys acne so maybe hgh+accutane is legit?
Tbh I think waiting is a better choice, I wouldn't wanna risk it yk

• +1
Reactions: cyprian_tomaszewski
igf-1 causes acne primarily by women, so thats certainly not the case

It can cause premature closure of growth plates as a side effect. If it were solely due to its impact on IGF-1, it would slow down growth, but that's not commonly reported.
Isotretinoin-induced premature epiphyseal closure and growth plate deformities seem to be linked to higher doses of isotretinoin for the duration of months to years. There have been reported cases of premature epiphyseal closure in individuals receiving therapeutic doses of isotretinoin for acne treatment, which are much lower compared to the high doses utilized for neuroblastoma. Based on this study, isotretinoin appears to impact the growth plates of proximal tibia and distal femur.
The growth plates in the tibia and femur are crucial for height as they contribute by a lot to longitudinal bone growth during childhood and adolescence.

Last edited:
  • +1
It can cause premature closure of growth plates as a side effect. If it were solely due to its impact on IGF-1, it would slow down growth, but that's not commonly reported.

The growth plates in the tibia and femur are crucial for height as they contribute by a lot to longitudinal bone growth during childhood and adolescence.
Doesn't seem common:
"The FDA received 41 reports worldwide of premature epiphyseal closure related to isotretinoin in patients under 18 years of age. Additionally, premature epiphyseal closure and growth plate abnormalities occurred in nine patients with various durations and doses of isotretinoin ranging from the lowest dose of 0.5 mg/kg/day for a few months to 3.5 mg/kg/day for years."

• Woah
igf-1 causes acne primarily by women, so thats certainly not the case
In women, in men it's mainly DHT and Androstenedione so finasteride would be more legit depending on OPs age ofc

• Hmm...
Doesn't seem common:
"The FDA received 41 reports worldwide of premature epiphyseal closure related to isotretinoin in patients under 18 years of age. Additionally, premature epiphyseal closure and growth plate abnormalities occurred in nine patients with various durations and doses of isotretinoin ranging from the lowest dose of 0.5 mg/kg/day for a few months to 3.5 mg/kg/day for years."
So the chances of plate closure are really low?

• +1
probably, i wouldn;'t take it without some igf-1 booster tho. Maybe pair your hgh booster with slin pills (insulin mimetic) so you produce more igf-1 from the hgh. This would maybe offset the accutane effects on igf-1. Although finasteride is safer if you are tanner stage 5 (don't fall for "post finasteride syndrome" fearmongering)

I got rid of my acne through a b5 megadose, so you could consider this option as well

• +1
What are you talking about, its much more complicated then "muhh high "specific hormone" = acne"
yeah, these specific hormones cause acne IF you are predisposed to it genetically. If u have good skin genes it doesn't matter
"Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEAS), dihydrotestosterone (DHT), and IGF-1 correlated positively with acne lesion counts in women. Androstenedione and DHEAS correlated with acne lesion counts in men." (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15781674/)

• +1
Reactions: Jeww and DR. NICKGA
Doesn't seem common:
Yes, still a notable risk though, even on this forum a lot of users who used accutane in the past mentioned this side effect.
If i was OP i would wait before considering taking accutane.

• +1
No it also damages growth plates especially by the femur

the average accutane dosis don't mess with your growth plates

No, the mechanism of action by which accutane fuses growth plates is unrelated to anything an AI would do.

In summary, if you take accutane you WILL risk growth plate fusion. Its not guaranteed but its a risk.

• +1
Accutane not only decreases igf1 but also closes plates, and just an a bonus it decreases testosterone and overall fertility too, oh and whats more, it can decrease IQ. Fucking horrible scam drug. If you want to spin the wheel with some horrible life changing side effect then take it.

I’m not your personal encyclopedia bro

The FDA realizes this about Accutane
If you make a claim be ready to back it up. Accutane fuses plates but it doesnt target the femur specifically.

If you make a claim be ready to back it up. Accutane fuses plates but it doesnt target the femur specifically.
there's nothing for me to gain by being your personal encylopedia