Disconnect between Pre and Post Covid Highschoolers

Was your upperclassman (11th 12th) experience Pre or Post Covid?

• Total voters
Biebercel

Biebercel

norwood 2.718
I graduated highschool class of 2017 (still in fucking school; graduate school but still FML), and I am realizing that there is probably a complete disconnect as to what highschool was like for me and what it's like for kids post covid. There really isn't anyone who has actually experienced both, because covid lasted like 2.5 years and being a lower classman was so much different than upper, so no one really has a personal experience of what it was like for the other.

As for differences, I am not talking about lockdowns and not having in-person class, I am talking about how the average normie went from being online a few hours a day, to permanently being plugged into social media. When I was in highschool people had instas and snap (we had fucking vine instead of tiktok), but your insta was something you would check maybe once a day and snapchat was basically for texting people you were going to hang out with in real life anyways.

I don't think any of the post-coviders will really understand what it was like back then, and how much easier it was.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Costcosuperstore, kanderior, aesthetic beauty and 2 others
it's true but school is shit anyways
socializing it's shit

It was like this pre Covid as well lol

• Hmm...
Reactions: Biebercel
some experts even predicted that in 2020

• Hmm...
Reactions: ElTruecel
considering you put post covid, you really wouldn't have known would you.
I was a freshman pre Covid and my school was a MS/HS combined. So I remember that it wasn’t much different in terms how much people were glued into their phone.

Tiktok & covid did change how certain information or niche communities spread.

• Hmm...
I was a freshman pre Covid and my school was a MS/HS combined. So I remember that it wasn’t much different in terms how much people were glued into their phone.

Tiktok & covid did change how certain information or niche communities spread.
Things got worse, just look at the proliferation and acceptance of onlyfans. I would imagine now if a HS girl said she would do it when she was 18 people wouldn't bat an eye, but back than, no one would have admitted that out of fear of being ostracized for it.

• +1
Reactions: Costcosuperstore and ElTruecel
Things got worse, just look at the proliferation and acceptance of onlyfans. I would imagine now if a HS girl said she would do it when she was 18 people wouldn't bat an eye, but back than, no one would have admitted that out of fear of being ostracized for it.
I knew one dude who legit used onlyfans pre Covid cuz he was a coomer lmfao. Like a month or 2 before

• +1
I knew one dude who legit used onlyfans pre Covid cuz he was a coomer lmfao. Like a month or 2 before
I am preprecovid lmao, 2017 was a good few years before this, crazy to think I am an insane oldcel here, although I get it because I was on lookism through highschool.

• +1
Reactions: Dunkelheit and ElTruecel
I am preprecovid lmao, 2017 was a good few years before this, crazy to think I am an insane oldcel here, although I get it because I was on lookism through highschool.
Fuck 2017. Damn I miss those days.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Costcosuperstore, Deleted member 51465 and Biebercel
Fuck 2017. Damn I miss those days.
dude, you missed out so badly being a postcovider, I straight up graduated college during covid so most of my time was pre. Things hit different being a teen/young adult pre what the fuck ever is going on right now. Everything is such shit now.

• JFL
dude, you missed out so badly being a postcovider, I straight up graduated college during covid so most of my time was pre. Things hit different being a teen/young adult pre what the fuck ever is going on right now. Everything is such shit now.
I would’ve rotted regardless. But I already have the feeling that you’re feeling. However I was always around these type of more niche chronically online tier spaces :lul: . I was probably out with friends more during that time than now

• +1
I would’ve rotted regardless. But I already have the feeling that you’re feeling. However I was always around these type of more niche chronically online tier spaces :lul: . I was probably out with friends more during that time than now
You could have been on PSL and had friends and been a normie back in the day. I had an LTR in high school and college and was still on lookism every single day. More of a rotter now tbh.

• +1
You could have been on PSL and had friends and been a normie back in the day. I had an LTR in high school and college and was still on lookism every single day. More of a rotter now tbh.
I graduatedlast year Covid ruined everything

I graduated highschool before anyone had a smartphone, we are not the same.

things had already been going steadily downhill since 2015 but yeah covid lockdowns were the killing blow

• +1
Reactions: Costcosuperstore
dndr chad always wins