Do braces make u more recessed?

D

Deleted member 60777

Iron
I have a deep overbite, My ortho said she will first fix my teeth then she will use an applicance to move my lower jaw forward and then Am also getting mse, So will i be more recessed or will it fix my recession?

Yo, tackling that deep overbite head-on! Fixing the teeth, shifting the lower jaw forward, and throwing in the MSE – that's a whole game plan. It's like a strategic move for your jaw evolution.

Now, the facial vibe after all this jazz? It's a bit like predicting the weather, bro. Your ortho's got the blueprint, but keep the communication flowing. Let 'em know your expectations, and they'll guide you through the transformation. Game on! 😎 Stay fierce!

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Newday*V3 and GodAlmighty
fuck you faggot

• JFL
Reactions: basic.yash and Newday*V3
I have a deep overbite, My ortho said she will first fix my teeth then she will use an applicance to move my lower jaw forward and then Am also getting mse, So will i be more recessed or will it fix my recession?
Herbs appliance ?

Yes, particularly in growing sub-adults.

you were already recessed if you need them and it's better to be recessed with straight teeth than without.

• +1
Reactions: Debetro
you were already recessed if you need them and it's better to be recessed with straight teeth than without.
I am recessed in my lower jaw area but my maxilla is good with high cheekbones

Braces won‘t recess him that’s right, but it also won‘t truly make his jaw grow forward if his deepbite is caused by improper skeletal growth.
They just move teeth.

Braces won‘t recess him that’s right, but it also won‘t truly make his jaw grow forward if his deepbite is caused by improper skeletal growth.
They just move teeth.
braces won't make you flat faced if you're not genetically predispositioned towards it to begin with.

• +1
Reactions: LancasteR
Never allow them to do extractions. I had 6 teeth removed and now my face is screwed. I look ok but I got failos that I shouldn't have because of that. My potential was destroyed.

braces won't make you flat faced if you're not genetically predispositioned towards it to begin with.
That‘s true, never doubted that. If your malocclusion is mostly skeletal then chances are that you already have a flat or flatter profile to begin with, especially if you have a skeletal deep bite.
But OP‘s 2 concerns were:
1. If braces will recess him further, or recess him at all?
Which is obviously not the case, they just move teeth.
2. if it will help his recessed jaw grow forward?
Chances are good that it will. Because the orthodontist is using appliances such MSE and Herbst appliance in accordance with braces.
It also depends on his age and on the severity of the skeletal malocclusion, in some cases surgery may be needed.

Yo, tackling that deep overbite head-on! Fixing the teeth, shifting the lower jaw forward, and throwing in the MSE – that's a whole game plan. It's like a strategic move for your jaw evolution.

Now, the facial vibe after all this jazz? It's a bit like predicting the weather, bro. Your ortho's got the blueprint, but keep the communication flowing. Let 'em know your expectations, and they'll guide you through the transformation. Game on! 😎 Stay fierce!
chatgpt?

Not with a good face with decent proportions

Never allow them to do extractions. I had 6 teeth removed and now my face is screwed. I look ok but I got failos that I shouldn't have because of that. My potential was destroyed.
I don‘t think OP is getting any extractions.
Based on the information we have and on his type of malocclusion we can conclude he has crowding and a recessed jaw.
The orthodontist is now trying to solve that with braces and the combined use of the appliances: MSE and Herbst appliance.
This will most likely help his recessed jaw grow forward and solve his crowding.

Last edited:
It can make you more recessed and fuck up your jawline

I don‘t think OP is getting any extractions.
Based on the information we have and on his type of malocclusion we can conclude he has crowding and a recessed jaw.
The orthodontist is now trying to solve that with braces and the combined use of the appliances: MSE and Herbst appliance.
This will most likely help his recessed jaw grow forward and solve his crowding.
The thing is many orthodontists will push extractions (either to get money or to make their job easier) so he should be aware of that. Besides that, braces are good and legit looksmax.

I had my two upper premolars extracted when I was a teen and as an adult I went to a dentist and he told me the guy fucked me over by removing them.

• +1
Reactions: LancasteR
Ye that to move my lower jaw forward
Had a Herbst myself and I would say it worked pretty well. Also got offered to wait until 21 and get jaw surgery, but retard small me didn't know shit at the time. If you can do the latter, then fuck the Herbst, if not, take it.

• +1
Reactions: redapple
That‘s true, never doubted that. If your malocclusion is mostly skeletal then chances are that you already have a flat or flatter profile to begin with, especially if you have a skeletal deep bite.
But OP‘s 2 concerns were:
1. If braces will recess him further, or recess him at all?
Which is obviously not the case, they just move teeth.
2. if it will help his recessed jaw grow forward?
Chances are good that it will. Because the orthodontist is using appliances such MSE and Herbst appliance in accordance with braces.
It also depends on his age and on the severity of the skeletal malocclusion, in some cases surgery may be needed.
How can you differentiate between a skeletal and dental deep bite? What makes them different from each other?

They just move teeth.
my deepbite is caused by mostly improper dental growth would i lose or gain forward growth with damon braces?

im an asian nomad fuck you genghis khan fuck you so much genghis khan

Attachments

• wojak-wojak-crying.gif
    wojak-wojak-crying.gif
    16.9 KB · Views: 0
im an asian nomad fuck you genghis khan fuck you so much genghis khan
I'm part asian as well and nobody on the entire forum has more forward growth than me, it's bordering on deformity.