What should I do with my retainers? (Please Help)

A

Ali_

Iron
I've seen some guy say he's worn a retainer at the age of 15 for around 6-8 months then stopped wearing it and just practiced mewing and has been doing so for more than a year and claims to have no major relapse like having the big gap in the two front teeth return. He claims to have been gaining a lot more forward growth from doing so and seeing the retraction of his face "reverse" or being fixed. I'm very similar to him as I am also 15 and have been wearing a hawley retainer on both my top and bottom rows of teeth for around 3 months so far. I also had a huge gap in between my two front teeth. Some more info to note is that I don't have a narrow palate and can sufficiently place my tongue on my palate. So my question is that after around the 7-9 month mark, should I stop wearing them to gain, if any, positive benefits to a recessed or flat chin, maxilla, or any thing alike? It's really pissing me off how I feel that braces retracted my face and completely ruined my growth.

its over bro you missed your chance at developing. mewing wont do shit save up for surgery

• +1
Reactions: Miant Gimplants