• juice-wrld-lucid-dreams-video.jpg
    juice-wrld-lucid-dreams-video.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 0
0 forward growth

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: mtcut3plush and Deleted member 51781
Think he just high bf here

most people look better with a higher gonial angle because they don't have the ramus length to get away with having a low gonial angle without ending up with a short face and no chin.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: coispet, SteveRogers, Miniskull and 3 others
most people look better with a higher gonial angle because they don't have the ramus length to get away with having a low gonial angle without ending up with a short face and no chin.
Bro I have a really short ramus and high gonial angle but I'd look better with a lower gonial angle

It's more like they have a high gonial angle because their ramus didn't grow long enough.

Anything past like 130 is deformity tier tbh.

Around 125-130 is a woman's gonial angle so it can work it's just very feminine looking.

A no ramus moonman jawline like this and it's over for you tho.

Last edited:
Bro I have a really short ramus and high gonial angle but I'd look better with a lower gonial angle
everyone thinks this but they're wrong.

this is what happens when you give someone with a short ramus and a high gonial angle a low gonial angle.

It's more like they have a high gonial angle because their ramus didn't grow long enough.
yeah pretty much, the mandible grows down to compensate for a lack of bone in the ramus usually.

• +1
Reactions: PickleTheSlayer
everyone thinks this but they're wrong.

View attachment 2753260

this is what happens when you give someone with a short ramus and a high gonial angle a low gonial angle.

yeah pretty much, the mandible grows down to compensate for a lack of bone in the ramus usually.
Dayum yeah that's unaesthetic. Check my profile out if u got time bro, appreciate it

What do you think the ideal gonial angle is for a male?

What do you think the ideal gonial angle is for a male?
ideal is whatever allows you to have proper facial development from the front.

if you have no ramus then a high angle is ideal because without you will have short-face syndrome, if you have a big ramus then low is ideal because any further elongation of your face would make you look weird at that point.

people like barrett can't have low gonial angles.

people like cavill can't have high angles.

• +1
Reactions: triggr, Heinrich Schmidt and mirrormogger
ideal is whatever allows you to have proper facial development from the front.

if you have no ramus then a high angle is ideal because without you will have short-face syndrome, if you have a big ramus then low is ideal because any further elongation of your face would make you look weird at that point.
Let me specify, if you have a skull that is 1/8th of your total body height (standard proportions) and equal facial thirds, what gonial angle would you attribute as being ideal? I am not interested in why people with outlier proportions may need specific quirky measurements to balance.
You talk a lot about ramuses hence I'm curious.

Let me specify, if you have a skull that is 1/8th of your total body height (standard proportions) and equal facial thirds, what gonial angle would you attribute as being ideal? I am not interested in why people with outlier proportions may need specific quirky measurements to balance.
You talk a lot about ramuses hence I'm curious.
from a purely biological and anatomical perspective lower is superior due to it having a better hinge function, higher gonial angles lead to lower bite force.

aesthetically most good looking men are closer to 120 than they are to 100.

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers, Heinrich Schmidt and HarrierDuBois
from a purely biological and anatomical perspective lower is superior due to it having a better hinge function, higher gonial angles lead to lower bite force.

aesthetically most good looking men are closer to 120 than they are to 100.
I think around 115-120 is ideal as well.

• +1
Reactions: Zizou, Heinrich Schmidt and Orc
I generally prefer the look of a slightly higher gonial angle since it creates a pointier chin look which I think is striking.
My ramus is disproportionately long, I am downgrown with a 120 degree gonial angle for reference.

CCW and an impaction in my maxilla will reduce that number even further. I want to reduce the risk of ending up sub 110 post bimax, I hate how the face generally starts looking from the front in those cases. Might unironically shave the ramus a bit after.

I think around 115-120 is ideal as well.
low looks good from the side but almost no modern humans have the kind of skull shape that allows them to get away with it without ending up with a short chin from a front-view which is ultimately more important, and more reliable because even with the perfect jaw angles you can still have a terrible side profile due to a wide range of factors like the positioning of the hyoid, or even just the way your body stores fat.

I think down-growth isn't necessarily negative and ultimately just a response of the mandible to compensate for the ramus to some extend, most people that have it wouldn't look any better without it.

something I've noticed is that people with higher angles also have a protuberance that grows down at an angle, which can make the chin appear taller and blockier, chico has this for example although in his case it's not blocky, but it does point downwards, if he didn't have this his chin would be too short for his philtrum.

• +1
Reactions: Zizou and HarrierDuBois
low looks good from the side but almost no modern humans have the kind of skull shape that allows them to get away with it without ending up with a short chin from a front-view which is ultimately more important, and more reliable because even with the perfect jaw angles you can still have a terrible side profile due to a wide range of factors like the positioning of the hyoid, or even just the way your body stores fat.

I think down-growth isn't necessarily negative and ultimately just a response of the mandible to compensate for the ramus to some extend, most people that have it wouldn't look any better without it.

something I've noticed is that people with higher angles also have a protuberance that grows down at an angle, which can make the chin appear taller and blockier, chico has this for example although in his case it's not blocky, but it does point downwards, if he didn't have this his chin would be too short for his philtrum.
Who do you consider to have the perfect jaw?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Orc
Who do you consider to have the perfect jaw?
the perfect jaw is whatever makes the front and 3/4th look the best because that's what people are going to be looking at most of the time, but some things the perfect jaw must have is a high-ish hyoid positioning and low fat deposition because these can mess it up completely regardless, some horizontal width to the gonions also looks good, but there's also plenty of attractive men that don't have this, it just depends on the balance of their face, if it leans too far towards feminine it can be a great addition to make it appear more masculine, but if you already have a super masculine face it can make it look too intimidating as well, this also goes for the chin, wider isn't always better.

I don't believe in a set of guidelines that one has to follow to be attractive, there's plenty of wiggle-room in some aspects of the face, if you ask me the most important aspect of most features is to just not stand out, many parts of your body cannot halo you, they're only ever neutral at best or distracting at worse.

no one's ever ascended solely because they had great ears, or the best nose, besides the elves in lord of the rings maybe.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Kaz, Heinrich Schmidt, baerr and 1 other person
the perfect jaw is whatever makes the front and 3/4th look the best because that's what people are going to be looking at most of the time, but some things the perfect jaw must have is a high-ish hyoid positioning and low fat deposition because these can mess it up completely regardless, some horizontal width to the gonions also looks good, but there's also plenty of attractive men that don't have this, it just depends on the balance of their face, if it leans too far towards feminine it can be a great addition to make it appear more masculine, but if you already have a super masculine face it can make it look too intimidating as well, this also goes for the chin, wider isn't always better.

I don't believe in a set of guidelines that one has to follow to be attractive, there's plenty of wiggle-room in some aspects of the face, if you ask me the most important aspect of most features is to just not stand out, many parts of your body cannot halo you, they're only ever neutral at best or distracting at worse.

no one's ever ascended solely because they had great ears, or the best nose, besides the elves in lord of the rings maybe.
Speaking of elves, I think Kit Butler has one of the best jaws ever. Also an extremely high pedigree anglo phenotype, let me hear your thoughts on his looks.
3965986_00001-dolce-and-gabbana-spring-2024-menswear-credit-gorunway.webp
3965990_original.webp
Large 1547492480 b22c45801c63378f8af8ae50b7a9dcb0
Large 1560791079 22620defa3d6d32872e0f71451d7a7ca
7d7b7eace74bacf7474a747408d16bb4
596ef28c41d6c656db51007a38ef34e3
7390d1c7497f59f5a506b8249e8dcbfd
3739665 Screenshot 2023 10 31 at 10123PM
Da36e276d3e9fb7d3181c5c8c16cc433
79645471 761856940962365 3496354407173946503 n

• +1
Speaking of elves, I think Kit Butler has one of the best jaws ever. Also an extremely high pedigree anglo phenotype, let me hear your thoughts on his looks.
3965986_00001-dolce-and-gabbana-spring-2024-menswear-credit-gorunway.webp
3965990_original.webp
View attachment 2753368View attachment 2753369View attachment 2753373View attachment 2753375View attachment 2753376View attachment 2753378View attachment 2753380View attachment 2753381
he has a good combination of good and neutral features, people on here would argue that his orbitals aren't great, or that his hairline is too high or uneven, without realizing that if everything were 'ideal' the end result would look uncanny, those kind of people aren't pleasing to look at, I get what you mean when you say that he looks like an elf.

also another reminder that forward growth really isn't that important and that you shouldn't take side profiles too seriously, a lot of good-looking people aren't that blessed when it comes to it, and people that are aren't necessarily good-looking from the front, by the way he's a good example of a down-growing protuberance that causes the chin to look masculine.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
he has a good combination of good and neutral features, people on here would argue that his orbitals aren't great, or that his hairline is too high or uneven, without realizing that if everything were 'ideal' the end result would look uncanny, those kind of people aren't pleasing to look at, I get what you mean when you say that he looks like an elf.

View attachment 2753392View attachment 2753393

also another reminder that forward growth really isn't that important and that you shouldn't take side profiles too seriously, a lot of good-looking people aren't that blessed when it comes to it, and people that are aren't necessarily good-looking from the front, by the way he's a good example of a down-growing protuberance that causes the chin to look masculine.
I am fascinated mainly by the fact he has a very elf-esque expression in his phenotype, sometimes I rarely see nowadays.
The elf expression generally consists of: Atlantid base phenotype (Look english), tall skull, pale skin, hollow cheeks, positively tilted eyebrows, thin pointy nose, and pointy ears.
To me he is probably my favorite model, even though Chico has less tangible drawbacks Kit has such a characteristic face it's too captivating.

Battle of the kings:

Last edited:
  • +1
I am fascinated mainly by the fact he has a very elf-esque expression in his phenotype, sometimes I rarely see nowadays.
The elf expression generally consists of: Atlantid base phenotype (Look english), tall skull, pale skin, hollow cheeks, positively tilted eyebrows, thin pointy nose, and pointy ears.
To me he is probably my favorite model, even though Chico has less tangible drawbacks Kit has such a characteristic face it's too captivating.

Battle of the kings:
View attachment 2753415
Tumblr aea17f6620d039197b6edf6f8fc7306f ff4bb924 1280
Renwall

here's an example of what I think has good appeal, I'm not a huge fan of models, they tend to look too intimidating which isn't surprising since they select for that specifically.

• +1
  • +1
Just be robust muscular blond chad theory. Never fails though. I think faces falling between raw sex appeal and modelesque strikingness also do really well.
View attachment 2753446
speaking of arvid, one issue these young chiseled chads often have is that they rapidly lose their collagen and age poorly, there's only a few years between these photos.

being able to maintain your appearance, even if you don't have the best base is extremely underappreciated here, young guys tend to be overrated and older men are underrated.

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers, Heinrich Schmidt and HarrierDuBois
speaking of arvid, one issue these young chiseled chads often have is that they rapidly lose their collagen and age poorly, there's only a few years between these photos.

View attachment 2753452

being able to maintain your appearance, even if you don't have the best base is extremely underappreciated here, young guys tend to be overrated and older men are underrated.
Yep, a guy that was a HTN prettyboy in grade school (last saw him at 16) used to mog and slay. Now I found his instagram 3 years later and he had aged 10+ bad years unironically. NW 2, wrinkles, more crow's feet than my father, 404 collagen, sparser eyebrows etc. He just partied and drank alcohol for 3 years straight and now looks like shit, meanwhile I just LDARed more or less all throughout my late teens and just kept ascending 16 through 19.

It was such a powerful thing for me since he was in my mind at that time the clear ubermensch of what I could never compete with, just to 3 years later mog him, the way it affects your mind is interesting to say the least. I will just keep climbing as well since I am getting surgeries eventually and not being a degenerate.

We will have fully switched places on the mog/mogged scale in a 5 year period

Last edited:
Yep, a guy that was a HTN prettyboy in grade school (last saw him at 16) used to mog and slay. Now I found his instagram 3 years later and he had aged 10+ bad years unironically. NW 2, wrinkles, more crow's feet than my father, 404 collagen, sparser eyebrows etc. He just partied and drank alcohol for 3 years straight and now looks like shit, meanwhile I just LDARed more or less all throughout my late teens and just kept ascending 16 through 19.

It was such a powerful thing for me since he was in my mind at that time the clear ubermensch of what I could never compete with, just to 3 years later mog him, the way it affects your mind is interesting to say the least. I will just keep climbing as well since I am getting surgeries eventually and not being a degenerate.
once you're my age you'll realize just how bad it is, pretty much nobody from my youth no matter how blessed their were looks good today, I can't even recognize them anymore.

just checked his timeline, the difference between this picture:

and this one:

is a singular year.

hope your surgeries go well, check my pdo thread if you've got minor asymmetry, works pretty well for that.

• +1
once you're my age you'll realize just how bad it is, pretty much nobody from my youth no matter how blessed their were looks good today, I can't even recognize them anymore.

View attachment 2753467
and this one:

is a singular year.

hope your surgeries go well, check my pdo thread if you've got minor asymmetry, works pretty well for that.

View attachment 2753467
and this one:

is a singular year.

Bookmarked, will consume every pixel. Thanks for the recommendation! What do you think is the primary reason for these quick descencions?

View attachment 2753392View attachment 2753393

also another reminder that forward growth really isn't that important and that you shouldn't take side profiles too seriously, a lot of good-looking people aren't that blessed when it comes to it, and people that are aren't necessarily good-looking from the front
I'd say the opposite. Kit is forward grown. Look at how forward his nasal aperture is along with the posterior-anterior depth of his face. It's what allows him to get away with those massive zygos without looking like some kind of Slavic ogre.

@Orc I just wanted to say I love you and you are one of the very few people on here who have a brain.

Thank you 🙏

• +1