Why is my maxilla properly grown but my jaw so recessed?

blacksswordsman

blacksswordsman

Iron
My chin is so fucking horrible, i dont understand how its so recessed even though my maxilla is decent enough. Is it because my gonial angle is so high?
Can this only be fixed by surgery?
20240404 221515

whats ur bf

buddy ur maxilla is not properly grown

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Andrew_433, liberiangrimreaper and Gerardwayfan
because your mandible grew down to compensate for your lack of ramus depth.

it's mostly genetic and nothing could've prevented it.

• +1
Reactions: dreambell1423, sirmimbing and reeceJen
not properly grown, probally only surgery at ur age,cant tell if ur orbital vector is neutral or negative.

• +1
Reactions: sirmimbing

Ok makes sense, thanks for the straight answer.

Better luck next life

• +1
Reactions: sirmimbing
Ok makes sense, thanks for the straight answer.

Better luck next life
you would've been uglier if your gonial angle was lower, you don't have the depth required to have a straight mandible.

Do you have lip incompetence? I also have this problem and I mouthbreathed my entire life

Is it because his ramus is short or slanted?
Can bimax ccw/genio fix this?

• +1
Reactions: n9wiff
you would've been uglier if your gonial angle was lower, you don't have the depth required to have a straight mandible.
Dont kniw if this is a stupid question, but wohld my mandible not have grown straighter forward with it?

short, the slant is from the mandible bending down.

there's no fix for it I think, they can only elongated the mandibular body but not the ramus.

• +1
Reactions: n9wiff
Do you have lip incompetence? I also have this problem and I mouthbreathed my entire life

His ramus isn't short though?

You can theortically do a bimax for mandibular advancement and then genioplasty to get an ideal chin projection but I doubt it would look good because of his gonial angle and lack of androgenic features

How it would look on a more masculine face

• +1
Reactions: greycel

Not anymore, but i think i had it untillbi was around 16, at 15 i found out about mewing so ive been nose breathibg since then. But before that i always used to mouthbreathe

My chin is so fucking horrible, i dont understand how its so recessed even though my maxilla is decent enough. Is it because my gonial angle is so high?
View attachment 2840216
Brother your mandible is properly fucking grown. The forehead is behind it.

Not anymore, but i think i had it untillbi was around 16, at 15 i found out about mewing so ive been nose breathibg since then. But before that i always used to mouthbreathe
Did you mouthbreathe 24/7? Do you notice whether or not your upper maxilla ie undereyes are recessed?
You can theortically do a bimax for mandibular advancement and then genioplasty to get an ideal chin projection but I doubt it would look good because of his gonial angle and lack of androgenic features

View attachment 2840286 How it would look on a more masculine face
I think bimax impossible considering how forward his lower maxilla already is
his mandible is just too downward grown and adenoid i dont think maxilla ccw can fix it

View attachment 2840216
u kinda look like the lower psl version of Richard Madden from ur side profile

Anything you can do to reverse it?

Your mandible is a bit recessed but nothing crazy. Looks like something braces and elastics could potentially solve.

Your ramus has inward slant which makes your gonial angle high. Not much you can do.

a proper developed ramus should just undercut your lower lip, is it right?

deeper than that if you want to have a low gonial angle.

View attachment 2851618
my gonial angle is 122 (i'm sure it's right bcs it was measured with McNamara Cephalometric Analysis), my ramus is 63,12 mm tall, my mandible body length is 113,29, my body length (idk what it means) is 83,17mm.
Would a Cavill like jaw implant suits me?

my gonial angle is 122 (i'm sure it's right bcs it was measured with McNamara Cephalometric Analysis), my ramus is 63,12 mm tall, my mandible body length is 113,29, my body length (idk what it means) is 83,17mm.
btw i'm 17y

@Orc

View attachment 2840216
The average white man side profile mogs the best looking natural gook to oblivion. I cannot take it any more 😡

buddy, both your maxilla and your chin are developed ok. Before some bangladeshi on this website calls you recessed, go slay some htbs. Your skin should be your biggest problem rn

• +1
Reactions: ivan karamazov
deeper than that if you want to have a low gonial angle.

View attachment 2851618
It's not aesthetic though from the front..

And I'd refrain from using Gonial Angle, as this is due to the manibular to floor angle (due to variance in ramus angle and height) - as shown above.