Does lefort surgery increases forward growth or fixes recession?

horizontallytall

horizontallytall

"Every cope has an end ":psalm 14:3
It can do

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall
It can do
But how will it increase forward growth it must stimulate the growth pf whole visceral cranium . Is it implants?

But how will it increase forward growth it must stimulate the growth pf whole visceral cranium . Is it implants?
They use metal plates to hold the bone in a different position

• +1
Reactions: SurgeryEnjoyer and horizontallytall
They use metal plates to hold the bone in a different position
Thats brutal means their is no natural way to stimulate bone growth in of maxilla and mandible like happens in childhood?

Thats brutal means their is no natural way to stimulate bone growth in of maxilla and mandible like happens in childhood?
The bones grow a little bit to reconnect but nothing like in childhood

• +1
This is interesting, just been reading through this thread.

Does the bone fill in fully and they remove the metal plates, or are they in forever?

I have kind of just assumed its the blackpill holy grail that its the only true way of fixing forward growth and looks natural and it all heals up (although I have heard accounts of things going wrong).

Brutal i see agromegalic patients with growth of mandible but no maxillary growth . Do u think maxilla loses capability to grow or simply needs mechanical force as well as hormones to grow?

• JFL
Reactions: ccwarrior
Why dont u put anything useful instead of jfling ? @ccwwarrior

Brutal i see agromegalic patients with growth of mandible but no maxillary growth . Do u think maxilla loses capability to grow or simply needs mechanical force as well as hormones to grow?
@BrahminBoss u got any idea or thoughts on this

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss
  • +1
High iq thread

• JFL
Reactions: IMOGYOU and ccwarrior
HGH increases skull size but not breadth so lower third grows a lot but maxilla stays the same.
Thats the problem. I got a low of ccw rotation by clenching hard all day . I used clench as hard as i can till jaw pains. My temples were round now squarish and and my infraorbitals and supra giving hollow cheek appearance . Its been like 2 months , would continue for longer. I need forward growth for better ramus projection and more compact orbitals

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss