Does mouthbreathing actually ruin faces?

Lonenely sigma

Lonenely sigma

Future "username-o-plasty" candidate
Whenever mewing and mouthbreathing are mentioned, people mostly imply changes in terms of gonial angle.

Some even go as far as to mention a change in mandibular lenght.

However, how true is this?

Mandible lenght and gonial angle are both genetic.

Its also a fact that people with good forward growth breathe much more easily than those with recession.

Do mouthbreathers breathe through their mouths bc they are recessed or are they recessed bc they breathe through their mouths?

Breather syndrome is true

• +1
Reactions: One Rep Max
Think so. My grandma scolded me when mouth breathing

350EA0FC DB30 4CFC 8F77 B20796E7887D

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: datboijj, One Rep Max, KIVVV and 2 others
I was quite the mouthbreather, still developed fine. Maybe it's true to a small extent, but the vast majority of it is just genetics.

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma
I was quite the mouthbreather, still developed fine. Maybe it's true to a small extent, but the vast majority of it is just genetics.
I also was, but ironically, what kills my looks the most currently is a low gonial angle, not the lack or forward growth.

Its ironic since according to mewers mouthbreathing reduces forward growth and increases the gonial angle

Whenever mewing and mouthbreathing are mentioned, people mostly imply changes in terms of gonial angle.

Its also a fact that people with good forward growth breathe much more easily than those with recession.

Do mouthbreathers breathe through their mouths bc they are recessed or are they recessed bc they breathe through their mouths?
It does but not to an extent that you think it will.

• +1
R u south indian if u yes u mog most of em also get canthoplasty even if its neutral ct it looks bad on u u look like a sad fag who
got cucked in front of his eyes
I look sad because I’m obese not my ct

• +1
Reactions: RAJ GHRANDHICK🗿
I doubt it makes much of a difference past the age of ~6-7 tbf
Most of the skull development happens in your first ages of existence. I see 3-4yo kids with more projected soft tissues than me.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: st.hamudi but 6‘5 and Lonenely sigma
Most of the skull development happens in your first ages of existence. I see 3-4yo kids with more projected soft tissues than me.
Kinda helps me cope honestly.

I am allergic to dust, and since I spent all my childhood at my grandparents house, I couldn't breathe bc of their old dusty furniture.

At least it changed nothing lmao

• +1
Reactions: silencio

I am allergic to dust, and since I spent all my childhood at my grandparents house, I couldn't breathe bc of their old dusty furniture.

It does but Josh McGregor won't get turned into Michael Cera if you catch my drift. You do have that sagginess which was caused by it but even if you had proper environment you wouldn't look like pic related. I was mouth-breathing as well.
786B7C06 5334 43C0 824D 57C7AAFD8DA7

• +1
It does but Josh McGregor won't get turned into Michael Cera if you catch my drift. You do have that sagginess which was caused by it but even if you had proper environment you wouldn't look like pic related. I was mouth-breathing as well.
View attachment 2884028
True.

Among all my issues on the skeletal level, I only wonder if I can maybe contribute philtrum to mouthbreathing to some extent. The rest are purely genetic, but I do wonder about philtrum, as I appear to have a visibly longer one than either of my parents

• +1
Reactions: St.TikTokcel
Every mouth breather in my class is recessed as hell

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies and st.hamudi but 6‘5

Im allergic to dust too, what do you do if you go to a summer camp and you sneeze all the time?

Last edited:
  • +1

Yes when i was 14 i stopped mouth breathing and legit my whole face changed in months

• +1
Yes when i was 14 i stopped mouth breathing and legit my whole face changed in months
Yeah but the fact your face "fixed" in a few months tells you it didn't ruin your face. Skeletal changes don't happen over months.

Same like being bloated/fat, losing it will make you look better but thats bc you had a base for it.

While I was mouthbreathing at 14 I also looked even worse than when I stopped, but again, those are hardly skeletal changes.

Maybe your bones became more visible, but you didn't grow them, so mouthbreathing didn't impact your growth long term

• +1
Reactions: ggg.tv🤫
Look at Jamie the autist

Im allergic to dust too, what do you do if you to a summer camp and you sneeze all the time?
It weirdly reduced in intensity over the past few years. It may be the fact I spend almost no time at my grandma's anymore, but yeah idk what it is.

In either case, it hurt a lot. My nose would legit start bleeding from how much I tried to clean it.

I bought some shit you sniff into your nose that apparently helps but it never did. It felt like smoking cocaine which 12yo me found funny so yeah

• +1
Reactions: St.TikTokcel and silencio
It weirdly reduced in intensity over the past few years. It may be the fact I spend almost no time at my grandma's anymore, but yeah idk what it is.

In either case, it hurt a lot. My nose would legit start bleeding from how much I tried to clean it.

I bought some shit you sniff into your nose that apparently helps but it never did. It felt like smoking cocaine which 12yo me found funny so yeah
Some shit, nothing helps. Guess this is an other subhuman trait of me.

• +1
Yeah but the fact your face "fixed" in a few months tells you it didn't ruin your face. Skeletal changes don't happen over months.

Same like being bloated/fat, losing it will make you look better but thats bc you had a base for it.

While I was mouthbreathing at 14 I also looked even worse than when I stopped, but again, those are hardly skeletal changes.

Maybe your bones became more visible, but you didn't grow them, so mouthbreathing didn't impact your growth long term
you’ve basically got it. If i stopped mouth breathing after puberty ended i would've most Likely been permanently recessed.

not mouth breathing only helps you reach your genetic potential

• +1
Some shit, nothing helps. Guess this is an other subhuman trait of me.
If you want a few more braindead things I tried:

1) eating straight up garlic

2) sniffing water into my nose (later found out I could've died of infection bc of that, don't do this)

The only thing I can recommend is to enjoy your summers while near a seashore, as sea helps with breathing for whatever reason

• +1
Reactions: silencio
Mirin chronic cheek sucking.
its backlighting , the reason it look weird is cause im 16 kg overweight, so the zygos push the skin uncannily even thoguh midface is full of fat especially paranasal area (gives me that soft look). Irl im very intimidating due to huge fwhr coupeled w tall skull

Mouthbreathing literally means you where born with shit palate and its all genes.

• +1

Are you the strongest because you're Satoru Gojo? Or are you Satoru Gojo because you're the strongest​

• JFL

• JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Eterios and St.TikTokcel

I was addicted to nasal sprays since the age of about 7 or 8 that basically produce constant nose swelling if you dont use them, im not saying i was mouth breathing 24/7 but i definetely did to some extent during school where i couldnt take the medication and during sleep. About 4 years ago i reduced my mouth breathing significantly, but i feel like my face was still becoming more and more downgrown instead of "fixing itself" or whatever bullshit people say here
So in my opinion some of my subhumanity simply started to occur during puberty mostly because of genetics
But to be honest i dont know if i mouth breathed or not, i watched some videos of my vacations troughout my years and didnt really notice much of it. My family members also said they didnt notice any breathing problems during that period
Lmao this shit pisses me off, not knowing whats the cause of my recession
For my mental health i guess its better for me to believe its all genes, luckily this could be true and not just useless coping
To be honest coping with genetics is so easy in my eyes as you can just view it as something "meant to be" where if you believe mouth breathing causes recession one would have to accept the fact he's responsible for the way he looks
Glad im getting a free bimax at least