Does your ramus keep getting longer after the age of 17?

shahid khan

shahid khan

Skakz
IMG 20240108 222847

Atleast it won't make me look autistic because the question ain't mine originally. Got it from reddit but is it possible to grow your ramus slightly more after 18? I need a better frontal jaw angle. And does it make your parellel to ground more steeper if it grows or the mandible body grows downward with it?
(Ik i am making the ages difference but my bone age study was of 17 years old and my age just turned 19 the other day)

Last edited:
Bump. Did the high iq fella's here ropmaxxed this new year?

JoinedMar 1, 2023

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: schizo echochamber and omarthegoat195
Just mew and bonesmash brah, mew and bonesmash

I don't know, but my jaw got bigger from 18 to 23.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Jasonfedele.is_god and Dunkelheit
I don't know, but my jaw got bigger from 18 to 23.
Wow your lucky to have a late mandible growth spurt. But can i ask how much of a difference did you saw in your jaw?

• +1
Reactions: Dunkelheit
No

• +1
Reactions: schizo echochamber
I can't find any concrete evidence, but the ramus would stop growing in length, along with the rest of the mandible, when the mandibular condylar cartilage fuses, could be all the way up to 25 but I think it's probably cut and dry by 20 in my experience, although other vectors of bone growth like appositional bone growth will continue, which is more to with jaw thickness.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: shahid khan
Yeah, 2-3mm is a lot
Yeah read a reasearch paper saying that male and female ramus could be catogrized by just a single mm of length. Sounds crazy but at the same time saw that mandible grows till 20 and generally the most of it comes at 16-8 and slight growth from 18-20. So i thought 1-2 mm of length could be gained after 18 but i think it's over. Anyhow do yk how to increase fromtal jaw angle as it is my major failos. Would boosting test and megadosing on k2 work for a mm or 2? Same question for @Dunkelheit

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Dunkelheit and sportsmogger
I can't find any concrete evidence, but the ramus would stop growing in length, along with the rest of the mandible, when the mandibular condylar cartilage fuses, could be all the way up to 25 but I think it's probably cut and dry by 20 in my experience, although other vectors of bone growth like appositional bone growth will continue, which is more to with jaw thickness.
Yeah. Didn't read that but could see it through some examples like cavill and McGregor as there mandibles didn't increased in size rather had more bone density to it.

• +1
Yeah. Didn't read that but could see it through some examples like cavill and McGregor as there mandibles didn't increased in size rather had more bone density to it.
Yeah I couldn't find any hard evidence during a quick browse of pubmed and the likes, I just had to ballpark the age and refer to my own experience (23 y/o). In reference to the question of whether you can gain any length, I'd assume you can max it out just like other cases of endochondral ossification. I've just read a study saying the mandibular condyle cartilage does not fuse, in contrast to the epiphyseal plates of other long bones, however I also saw a Danish study that showed 3mm of mandibular growtg in a group of boys between the ages of 16-17, which decreased to no growth between 21 and 22. You should probably just max it out with test, igf-1, k2 and all that bullshit, really just the same as any other long bone.

• +1
Yeah I couldn't find any hard evidence during a quick browse of pubmed and the likes, I just had to ballpark the age and refer to my own experience (23 y/o). In reference to the question of whether you can gain any length, I'd assume you can max it out just like other cases of endochondral ossification. I've just read a study saying the mandibular condyle cartilage does not fuse, in contrast to the epiphyseal plates of other long bones, however I also saw a Danish study that showed 3mm of mandibular growtg in a group of boys between the ages of 16-17, which decreased to no growth between 21 and 22. You should probably just max it out with test, igf-1, k2 and all that bullshit, really just the same as any other long bone.
I wanted to get on hgh and test and all(especially hgh at 18) with a bone age study of 17 but i consulted 3 doctors 1 of whom is the best doctor for the hgh therapy in the country(even travelled 10 hours for him to prescribe and keep in check with me) but all of them refused as they all said it will not work unless i am 15 and taking hgh will not cause any growth. But after that i told them if it could help me out with my facial structure but the answer was the same. They said I'll only be disturbing my physiology and I'll gain nothing from it and will waste my money and health. When i showed them the study of hgh therapy for mandibular growth they said that it was done on rats and the study your talking about is on a very low scale. He went on to say that "at this age it's over" literally said over jfl. Idk after doing so much and consulting different amd best doctors in my town and country i should carry on with the hormones as they said the efficiency of these hormones are 0.1%. What about you tho what's your thoughts on it?

• +1
I wanted to get on hgh and test and all(especially hgh at 18) with a bone age study of 17 but i consulted 3 doctors 1 of whom is the best doctor for the hgh therapy in the country(even travelled 10 hours for him to prescribe and keep in check with me) but all of them refused as they all said it will not work unless i am 15 and taking hgh will not cause any growth. But after that i told them if it could help me out with my facial structure but the answer was the same. They said I'll only be disturbing my physiology and I'll gain nothing from it and will waste my money and health. When i showed them the study of hgh therapy for mandibular growth they said that it was done on rats and the study your talking about is on a very low scale. He went on to say that "at this age it's over" literally said over jfl. Idk after doing so much and consulting different amd best doctors in my town and country i should carry on with the hormones as they said the efficiency of these hormones are 0.1%. What about you tho what's your thoughts on it?
Honestly, you will see other looksmaxxing related benefits if you run these hormones, your shoulders epiphyseal plates will still be open for example. As long as you don't come across an antagonistic pleitropy like hair loss, if you were to run roads. I was never extremely knowledgeable about endocrinology on this forum, mostly dabbled in orthotropic thought and other random niches.

• +1
Honestly, you will see other looksmaxxing related benefits if you run these hormones, your shoulders epiphyseal plates will still be open for example. As long as you don't come across an antagonistic pleitropy like hair loss, if you were to run roads. I was never extremely knowledgeable about endocrinology on this forum, mostly dabbled in orthotropic thought and other random niches.
Ik but it still ain't worth it. As per your orthopaedic knowledge. Would you consider someone with a bone age study of 17 year old on the tibia and femur to take hgh? Would it make a difference of anything from and inch to 2? Or make any difference on the facial bone structure? Especially if your just taking those hormones for just a month and a half?

• +1
View attachment 2663868
Atleast it won't make me look autistic because the question ain't mine originally. Got it from reddit but is it possible to grow your ramus slightly more after 18? I need a better frontal jaw angle. And does it make your parellel to ground more steeper if it grows or the mandible body grows downward with it?
(Ik i am making the ages difference but my bone age study was of 17 years old and my age just turned 19 the other day)
Probably not

• +1
Ik but it still ain't worth it. As per your orthopaedic knowledge. Would you consider someone with a bone age study of 17 year old on the tibia and femur to take hgh? Would it make a difference of anything from and inch to 2? Or make any difference on the facial bone structure? Especially if your just taking those hormones for just a month and a half?
In that time frame, I highly doubt it. But the femur and tibia, from what studies suggest, typically close at age 19 in males, I'm assuming bone age and chronological age averaged out the same in thses studies. Can you rep my posts in this thread plz, I will return the favour.

• +1
In that time frame, I highly doubt it. But the femur and tibia, from what studies suggest, typically close at age 19 in males, I'm assuming bone age and chronological age averaged out the same in thses studies. Can you rep my posts in this thread plz, I will return the favour.
Did rep up some posts if that's enough. But what amount of time would or should one take hgh for to get a inch of height and have some certainty of getting height out of it. Man i know all of the stuff already I won't lie vut i just can't cope

View attachment 2663868
no clue but steroids gave me amogger jaw at the cost of my face being bloated if I dont eat right

• +1
no clue but steroids gave me amogger jaw at the cost of my face being bloated if I dont eat right
At what age did you took the steroids & for how long and lastly if you may answer. What steroids did you use.

At what age did you took the steroids & for how long and lastly if you may answer. What steroids did you use.
started trt for life at 18 I was big guy but kinda fat 3 months later after getting used to shots and the gym hopped on 400 test cyp 200 mast e and 12.5mg aromasin every 2 days so my estrogen would not get to high and stung my growth (estrogen rises different for everyone some need less some more) ran this 16 weeks I forgot if I added anavar the last 6 weeks I think I did. I looked like a mogger square jaw I grew 3 inches I am now 6'5 idk if my growth plates are closed though but stull def worth it for me

• Love it
started trt for life at 18 I was big guy but kinda fat 3 months later after getting used to shots and the gym hopped on 400 test cyp 200 mast e and 12.5mg aromasin every 2 days so my estrogen would not get to high and stung my growth (estrogen rises different for everyone some need less some more) ran this 16 weeks I forgot if I added anavar the last 6 weeks I think I did. I looked like a mogger square jaw I grew 3 inches I am now 6'5 idk if my growth plates are closed though but stull def worth it for me
Damn. Like DAMN. You have the balls for all of that and then for 16 weeks!!! Like the affordability aside (maybe your parents are multi millionaires) but you have the balls for it. Hats off dude fr. I mean you got what you wanted which makes you look like a shining trophy to me tbvh.

I wish i had the guts and money like you but do you think it was worth it? Like your health must have had a serious hit after you left it.

Damn. Like DAMN. You have the balls for all of that and then for 16 weeks!!! Like the affordability aside (maybe your parents are multi millionaires) but you have the balls for it. Hats off dude fr. I mean you got what you wanted which makes you look like a shining trophy to me tbvh.

I wish i had the guts and money like you but do you think it was worth it? Like your health must have had a serious hit after you left it.
basically all the steroids were injectable so they didn't harm my health much I kept my blood pressure normal through heavy cardio however because I kept my e2 crashed my dick barley worked throughout the cycle which was unfortunate in terms of cost it was only like $250-300 I think before the anavar which did fuck up my health markers as it is an oral steroid but I only used it for a little bit and at a low dosage of 20mg everything went back to normal after

• +1
basically all the steroids were injectable so they didn't harm my health much I kept my blood pressure normal through heavy cardio however because I kept my e2 crashed my dick barley worked throughout the cycle which was unfortunate in terms of cost it was only like $250-300 I think before the anavar which did fuck up my health markers as it is an oral steroid but I only used it for a little bit and at a low dosage of 20mg everything went back to normal after
Mate non offensively i don't know if i can trust you but from the sound of it my mouth is watering to get some stuff and inject it but at the same time idk if it will work. You telling me this just makes me want to give it a shot but at the same time the top doctors said it won't work. Really confused tbvh. But mate congratulations on the gains.

Mate non offensively i don't know if i can trust you but from the sound of it my mouth is watering to get some stuff and inject it but at the same time idk if it will work. You telling me this just makes me want to give it a shot but at the same time the top doctors said it won't work. Really confused tbvh. But mate congratulations on the gains.
I dont believe my rammus actually got longer its possible up till your a grown man however losing the bodyfat and gaining muscle made my jawline look better I still would not advise using steroids unless you study them for at least a year or 2

Nope. Once your chin stops getting taller so does your ramus.

This is mostly done at like 15/16

classic .org anwsers, YES IT WILL GROW but not much. STOP DENYING SCIENCE BECAUSE YOU DIDNT TURN INTO A GIGA CHAD (growth ends at 21 but any noticable growth propably at 18

• +1
Reactions: mogstars
View attachment 2663868
yes it does mine went from having shitty rounded to sharp longer and outward gonions not caping

• +1
yes it does mine went from having shitty rounded to sharp longer and outward gonions not caping
What about 19? I have sharp gonions & a decent ramus but a slightly longer ramus might give me that square face look. Btw nice to meet a fellow paki

What about 19? I have sharp gonions & a decent ramus but a slightly longer ramus might give me that square face look. Btw nice to meet a fellow paki
no i dont think so tho at 17 to 18 it should be done if u are a late bloomer then maybe but i dont think so also im kinda mixed not fully paki but live there tho where do u live?

• +1
no i dont think so tho at 17 to 18 it should be done if u are a late bloomer then maybe but i dont think so also im kinda mixed not fully paki but live there tho where do u live?
Damn. I will still keep clenching and chewing just in hope and cope

• +1
Reactions: based_pakichad421
Damn. I will still keep clenching and chewing just in hope and cope
dont clench u will get masseter hypertrophy which looks shit if u dont have outward gonions