(EVERYONE GTFIH) GIANT IMPLANTS discusses BIMAX!

D

Deleted member 19766

Kraken
Source: https://looksmax.org/threads/what-e...1-and-how-effective-is-it.417854/post-6933687

"If the maxilla is coming forward then the tip of the nose usually has to come forward as well. Alar cinch, v-y closure, subspinal, all will have flattening if the nose if maxilla is coming forward without nose coming forward PERIOD."

Of course, the widening is the big negative, but he said we can always get a rhino later. Specifically, a "Septal Extension Graft".

There is one final thing someone else said that I'd like to add, just to hear the opposing argument:

"I guess there's an aspect of not looking "operated on" and keeping your individuality that some people tend to underrate. rhino especially is like a bulldozer in that regard because of how much individual character noses tend to have.

I'd say getting rhino for the most part pretty much eliminates your chances of looking like you didn't get surgery. nevermind the high revision rates and additional cost."

So, what do you guys think, should we get ask for alar cinch (Or anything else similar to that) during bimax or not?

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax, mvp2v1 and Nick.Harte
bump.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19766
is nobody here getting surgery? lol

• +1
Reactions: temporomandibular32
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: SidharthTheSlayer, bradpittshairline, Deleted member 19766 and 1 other person
I saw a study before that said that for each mm of Le fort advancement, nose widened by 0.3mm with alar clinch, but this was quite less than without, so alar clinch would still be useful

• +1
Realsurgerymax is, with all due respect, overrated. He can design implants, sure. I’m skeptical on his knowledge about medicine. He already showed some of his suggestions were plain wrong in the thread about masseter dehiscence.

Also, I already told you. Alar cinch is less effective than you think. It was over-hyped precisely by Alfaro, the surgeon you hate so much.

Another thing: you are over-obsessing over a detail that will have some influence in the result but a very small one. Especially compared to the movements, the hardware, etc.

Last edited:
  • Hmm...
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: MTNAscension2, Deleted member 19766, Mr. President and 2 others
Realsurgerymax is, with all due respect, overrated. He can design implants, sure. I’m skeptical on his knowledge about medicine. He already showed some of his suggestions were plain wrong in the thread about masseter dehiscence.

Also, I already told you. Alar cinch is less effective than you think. It was over-hyped precisely by Alfaro, the surgeon you hate so much.

Another thing: you are over-obsessing over a detail that will have some influence in the result but a very small one. Especially compared to the movements, the hardware, etc.
I'd say it depends on your nose too, its going to vary from patient to patient

Ultimately, you should still plan for a rhinoplasty post bimax if you need it to achieve the best outcome so the question of whether or not to alar cinch is less of a concern

• Hmm...

Ultimately, you should still plan for a rhinoplasty post bimax if you need it to achieve the best outcome so the question of whether or not to alar cinch is less of a concern
not really, read the OP. rhino for the tip of the nose (it being too wide or bulbous) almost always looked uncanny or "touched up", it should only be done if its SUPER shit like blackgymmaxx's was, so that even an uncanny fake looking nose looks better

• +1
Reactions: nobodyspecial369

can u send me that thread? and thank you for genuinely answering the question, appreciate it a lot man.

"I guess there's an aspect of not looking "operated on" and keeping your individuality that some people tend to underrate. rhino especially is like a bulldozer in that regard because of how much individual character noses tend to have.

I'd say getting rhino for the most part pretty much eliminates your chances of looking like you didn't get surgery. nevermind the high revision rates and additional cost."
I understand where you're coming from here. There's just too many factors to consider really, hence why it's important to go with a surgeon who has a good eye for aesthetics.

• +1

Disagree. Rhinoplasty must be avoided as much as possible

• +1
Reactions: nobodyspecial369, Deleted member 19766 and bradpittshairline
  • +1
  • +1
  • +1
what about subespinal cut like alfaro does, that way the nose does not move.