Evidence of filler migration/bloating

Deusmaximus

Deusmaximus

Kraken
This doctor is speaking about the possible downsides of filler, but he only shows females in their 40/50s that got bloated cause of filler or getting fat.
Is there really any good example of bloating caused by filler? I got 5ml to the cheekbones, and i got a lot of compliments for my new look. This shit is addictive, and i want to get some more.
I got them 7-8 months ago injected deep onto the bone, and they are now still sitting at the right spot. Btw i am a small and narrow facedcel, and it would not be that bad to get a bit more roundness to my face.

• +1
Reactions: GigaMogger, Alexanderr and Deleted member 4430
Thats only if u inject too much, i am getting filler my self soon after this corona shit but i read somewhere here that filler can migrate and make u bloated

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4430
Yes, but how much is "too much"?
Idk man but tbh im getting scared because some guy here said his filler migrated. i wouldnt be too worried, i guess some people are just unlucky

I think Dr. Gavin is trying to stress the importance of proper dosage and placement of filler. He has created another video stating that he only uses 1ML of filler for the entire face, which can be achieved with proper injection placement and technique. Dr. Gavin has devoted his whole life to cosmetic medicine, and his clinic is highly respected here in Australia, where he is based.

In my opinion, and in my own experiences with dermal filler, if you are responsible with your treatments, listen to your injector, and approach fillers with modesty, then you should not fear filler migration. BUT, the two main issues that result in looking bloated, puffy, or lumpy, can be identified as two main components - REGION and DOSAGE.

Constantly having excessive amounts of dermal fillers, over the years, can result in a bloated or puffy appearance - most likely due to the patient 'forgetting' what they originally looked like before any procedures, and being accustomed to the new normality of their facial structure with filler. If you keep pumping large volumes of filler into your face, and juxtapose the idea of dermal fillers lasting more than 12 months, then of course you are going to sway into the unnatural and 'freak' territory.

The second element is region, where the filler is placed. Some areas are more likely to migrate than others, and the most notorious area being the lip - specifically, filler placed in the vermillion border. Having excessive amounts of filler in this area can start to migrate into the orbicularis oris muscle, which is when filler starts to migrate into the moustache area. This is due to the the vermilion border being thin, and the constant muscle contractions of the mouth, which pushes the filler from the lip into the muscle. So much filler has been placed in the area, that the body almost ‘pushes’ it up into the neighbouring muscle. I've seen girls that have injected far too much product over the years, and have resulted in an ape-like appearance, and it is truly gross.

In my own experience and opinion, if you respect fillers, then fillers will respect you. Don't go overboard, don't aspire to be perfect, and sometimes it's good to see old images of how you looked prior, so that you can see the difference.

If you place responsible amounts of filler into a region, then you will be fine.

My method has always been to never have a 'full correction' of one area done in one treatment, but to spread it out over time. If my temple region needs a total 1ML of filler for a full correction, then I will usually have 0.25 ML done in one sitting, go back in 6 months for another 0.25 ML, and then again in 6 months with 0.25 ML. I prefer to do layers of small amounts of filler, over time, then one big lump of filler in one sitting. This layering and under-treating technique has truly transformed my face, and I have had filler in almost all parts of my face, and have been doing-so for the past three years. No bloating, no migration, no puffiness. My friends and family have never questioned me, and have never even noticed - but they do notice that my face has changed over the past years…. Thinking that it’s just nature taking its course.

Although manufacturers say that the product last for six months, I would say that it is both true and false - some filler does become metabolised and used up by the body, but not all of it. I would say six months after the initial injection, it goes from being 100%, down to 40%. That's why if you under-treat the area over a space of time, you will be in full control of how much filler is in your face. You will be able to notice what is there, what has been metabolised, and how much more is needed to maintain the aesthetic goal you are trying to achieve.

Think of dermal fillers as a process, not as a final destination.

It’s like salting your food - go slow, because you can always add more, but you can’t go back. (Well, you can get fillers dissolved.. But prevention is better than cure, I believe).

It’s all about trial and error man.

Respect the process, and it’ll respect you. But go overboard and irresponsible with your dosing, then expect consequences.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 8988, RAITEIII, SexyMofo and 3 others
I think Dr. Gavin is trying to stress the importance of proper dosage and placement of filler. He has created another video stating that he only uses 1ML of filler for the entire face, which can be achieved with proper injection placement and technique. Dr. Gavin has devoted his whole life to cosmetic medicine, and his clinic is highly respected here in Australia, where he is based.

In my opinion, and in my own experiences with dermal filler, if you are responsible with your treatments, listen to your injector, and approach fillers with modesty, then you should not fear filler migration. BUT, the two main issues that result in looking bloated, puffy, or lumpy, can be identified as two main components - REGION and DOSAGE.

Constantly having excessive amounts of dermal fillers, over the years, can result in a bloated or puffy appearance - most likely due to the patient 'forgetting' what they originally looked like before any procedures, and being accustomed to the new normality of their facial structure with filler. If you keep pumping large volumes of filler into your face, and juxtapose the idea of dermal fillers lasting more than 12 months, then of course you are going to sway into the unnatural and 'freak' territory.

The second element is region, where the filler is placed. Some areas are more likely to migrate than others, and the most notorious area being the lip - specifically, filler placed in the vermillion border. Having excessive amounts of filler in this area can start to migrate into the orbicularis oris muscle, which is when filler starts to migrate into the moustache area. This is due to the the vermilion border being thin, and the constant muscle contractions of the mouth, which pushes the filler from the lip into the muscle. So much filler has been placed in the area, that the body almost ‘pushes’ it up into the neighbouring muscle. I've seen girls that have injected far too much product over the years, and have resulted in an ape-like appearance, and it is truly gross.

In my own experience and opinion, if you respect fillers, then fillers will respect you. Don't go overboard, don't aspire to be perfect, and sometimes it's good to see old images of how you looked prior, so that you can see the difference.

If you place responsible amounts of filler into a region, then you will be fine.

My method has always been to never have a 'full correction' of one area done in one treatment, but to spread it out over time. If my temple region needs a total 1ML of filler for a full correction, then I will usually have 0.25 ML done in one sitting, go back in 6 months for another 0.25 ML, and then again in 6 months with 0.25 ML. I prefer to do layers of small amounts of filler, over time, then one big lump of filler in one sitting. This layering and under-treating technique has truly transformed my face, and I have had filler in almost all parts of my face, and have been doing-so for the past three years. No bloating, no migration, no puffiness. My friends and family have never questioned me, and have never even noticed - but they do notice that my face has changed over the past years…. Thinking that it’s just nature taking its course.

Although manufacturers say that the product last for six months, I would say that it is both true and false - some filler does become metabolised and used up by the body, but not all of it. I would say six months after the initial injection, it goes from being 100%, down to 40%. That's why if you under-treat the area over a space of time, you will be in full control of how much filler is in your face. You will be able to notice what is there, what has been metabolised, and how much more is needed to maintain the aesthetic goal you are trying to achieve.

Think of dermal fillers as a process, not as a final destination.

It’s like salting your food - go slow, because you can always add more, but you can’t go back. (Well, you can get fillers dissolved.. But prevention is better than cure, I believe).

It’s all about trial and error man.

Respect the process, and it’ll respect you. But go overboard and irresponsible with your dosing, then expect consequences.
Great post man, im interested in doing my jaw and plan on injecting it my self. i think i will probably do 1 ml each side and add slowly over time

Great post man, im interested in doing my jaw and plan on injecting it my self. i think i will probably do 1 ml each side and add slowly over time
The problems is that you will need 10ml to see a real difference on the jaw.
He needed 12ml

He needed 12ml

I am seeing mixed reviews about how much filler is used in the jaw, some guy on here used 3 ml on each side of jaw and he got a chad jaw

He needed 12ml

This dude got some in his cheekbones too so he prolly actually got like 7-8 ml or less in The jaw

Thanks brother, and I know we're all adults and we're responsible for our own actions, but I would caution you to be very careful injecting yourself, especially in the jawline region. There's a facial nerve which runs across the jawline called the marginal mandibular nerve. This nerve is part of your facial artery, so getting any amount of hyaluronic acid in this nerve will prove to be disastrously catastrophic. Filler injected in this nerve will be sent to the eye, which will cause blindness. All of the horror stories you hear relating to blindness and fillers is because filler product has been injected into the facial artery and has been sent into the eye, thus causing blindness. There has only been one recorded case of a patient having their vision restored after filler was injected into an artery...... Just one.

Be very careful man. If you end up hurting yourself, you will end up paying more in hospital treatment fees than the cost of jawline filler with an experienced injector. Or you may end up losing your eyesight. Is it worth losing your vision just to save a couple hundred of dollars? Personally, for me, it’s not. Be careful.

Thanks brother, and I know we're all adults and we're responsible for our own actions, but I would caution you to be very careful injecting yourself, especially in the jawline region. There's a facial nerve which runs across the jawline called the marginal mandibular nerve. This nerve is part of your facial artery, so getting any amount of hyaluronic acid in this nerve will prove to be disastrously catastrophic. Filler injected in this nerve will be sent to the eye, which will cause blindness. All of the horror stories you hear relating to blindness and fillers is because filler product has been injected into the facial artery and has been sent into the eye, thus causing blindness. There has only been one recorded case of a patient having their vision restored after filler was injected into an artery...... Just one.

Be very careful man. If you end up hurting yourself, you will end up paying more in hospital treatment fees than the cost of jawline filler with an experienced injector. Or you may end up losing your eyesight. Is it worth losing your vision just to save a couple hundred of dollars? Personally, for me, it’s not. Be careful.
my friend, i was also very scared of facial artery occlusion but i think its relatively safe if you do your research and learn anatomy. there is a user here @Noodlewhore who injects himself without any complications. Also if u use a cannula is very safe because it doesnt pierce the arteries or nerves.

my friend, i was also very scared of facial artery occlusion but i think its relatively safe if you do your research and learn anatomy. there is a user here @Noodlewhore who injects himself without any complications. Also if u use a cannula is very safe because it doesnt pierce the arteries or nerves.
I know man, but still. Just be careful...

Can you pm pics of your before/after fillers to the zygos?

Just use fillers once and get implants(or chinwing/zso/etc) if they look good.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: needtoascend420 and ducktruck