Experienced Lifters GTFIH

StudyHacks

StudyHacks

Banned
So I've plateud with my weighted pull ups. I can do 10 reps with perfect form with a 20kg backpack on my back / set. But not more any more = plateu

If I start doing bodyweight pull ups AMRAP / set, would I beat the plateu or would I lose the strength thus the size gains I've got so far regarding the pull ups?
@Deltoid @Nibba
Help brahs

Last edited:
ask @FatmanO

• +1
Reactions: androidcel
Haha goodfuckingjoke.jpg that dude doesn't look like he lifts

So I've plateud with my weighted pull ups. I can do 10 reps with perfect form with a 20kg backpack on my back / set. But not more any more = plateu

If I start doing bodyweight pull ups AMRAP / set, would I beat the plateu or would I lose the strength thus the size gains I've got so far regarding the pull ups?
@Deltoid @Nibba
Help brahs
You don't get enough protein cuh, 1g/kg ain't enough.

Yes it is, every weightlifting coach agrees with me, since I wasn't the one who came up with the idea.

Yes it is, every weightlifting coach agrees with me, since I wasn't the one who came up with the idea.
Most people will suggest 0.8-1g/lb bodyweight tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 206
Most people will suggest 0.8-1g/lb bodyweight tbh
OK, want me to cite those coaches? I'd be happy to do it. Won't be really hard tbh

Can you do muscle ups? If yes do those instead of pull ups.

Eat more or creatinemaxx. I easily surpassed my plateau after creatinemaxxing.

Eat more or creatinemaxx. I easily surpassed my plateau after creatinemaxxing.
Yeah, I don't eat meat. Not a vegan, I just drink protein drinks. Hm, probably I'll respond to creatine.

I've found that bodyweight pull up repetition strength correlates to weighted strength. If you challenge yourself, you will not lose muscle mass. A plateau usually means the nervous system has ceased to adapt to your training. To beat the plateau, you will need to change your training. This could mean daily training (the nervous system recovers and adapts more quickly than muscles) or changing to sets of 5 at 70 to 85 percent of your one rep max. You could also add assistance lifts like rows, chin ups, or bicep curls to strengthen muscles that may be a limiting factor in your strength. There's also a small chance that you have reached your genetic limit in that lift. Even so, you should still be able to improve. Creatine will probably make you stronger, especially as you don't eat meat, which provides small amounts of creatine.

• +1
Reactions: StudyHacks
I've found that bodyweight pull up repetition strength correlates to weighted strength. If you challenge yourself, you will not lose muscle mass. A plateau usually means the nervous system has ceased to adapt to your training. To beat the plateau, you will need to change your training. This could mean daily training (the nervous system recovers and adapts more quickly than muscles) or changing to sets of 5 at 70 to 85 percent of your one rep max. You could also add assistance lifts like rows, chin ups, or bicep curls to strengthen muscles that may be a limiting factor in your strength. There's also a small chance that you have reached your genetic limit in that lift. Even so, you should still be able to improve. Creatine will probably make you stronger, especially as you don't eat meat, which provides small amounts of creatine.
140 kg squats. Not gonna stop till 160kg for reps, ass to grass.

• +1
Reactions: speedmaxx
140 kg squats. Not gonna stop till 160kg for reps, ass to grass.
Sweet! I want to build my front squat and deadlift. It's going to take a long time because I'm not very strong and I train a lot of movements for overall lower body strength and injury prevention (my main goal is sprinting speed) rather than focus on the big lifts.

@Deltoid @Nibba
Help brahs
No you can't keep doing the same lift with the same weight and reps. Switch up the rep and switch up the variation. Do 4 weeks of pullups, then 4 weeks of chinups, then 4 of neutral grip pullups. You will lost strength and size if KEEP doing the same shit. You've burned your body out, switch it up.

150 is ideal anymore than that and you're putting a lot of stress on your liver

• +1
Reactions: FatmanO
Also don't eat powders and shit don't take creatine it will bloat you always choose real food over powders your body will thank you

When i did my weighted pullups/ calisthenics shit at home id just do my sets til failure. If you cant do more than 10 id just half rep til i got it tbh. I got up to 25 kg weighted pullups. I'd also reccomed L-sit pullups theyre a good exercise

Also don't eat powders and shit don't take creatine it will bloat you always choose real food over powders your body will thank you

broscience

• +1
Reactions: mrdolphin
just take roids lol

• +1
Reactions: AntiSocial-Fakecel
DIdn't this nigga get acromion/clavicle gains

4 years of your prime gone

Yh I did lol
said the guy that got less than natty gains roiding :feelshaha::feelshaha:

Screenshot 20190120 001709 Snapchat

Screenshot 20190121 004237 Snapchat

From A to B in 9 weeks as a begginer lifter without proper training and diet. You call that Natty?

Totally attainable physique, but not from where I started in 9 weeks.

Lets see your physique?

@Deltoid @Nibba
Help brahs
Start doing heavy barbell rows/pendlay rows and also from the looks of it you need to put on muscle. I’d focus on bulking and the strength will come.