Facepulling PSA (gtfih)

retard

retard

rides a short bus to school
This is an informational post to anyone who is currently facepulling or is planning to facepulling, its longer but i suggest you read it if you dont want to develop an overbite and want faster results

If you are using Cope and Ropes infraoral appliance

STOP USE IMMEDIATELY, when pulling on the teeth it it causes both dento-alveolar changes, as well as maxillary changes, from an orthodontist's perspective it doesnt matter at all and that is why they frequently do use forces that mimic cope's design, HOWEVER ortho's are only concerned with getting proper occlusion and fixing the Class iii occlusion (people who get facepullers for orthodontic purposes of fixing an underbite). From the orthodontist's perspective it doesnt matter how the occlusion is fixed, either the alveolar ridge comes forward, or the maxilla comes forward doesnt matter to them; as long as the underbite is fixed they are satisfied.

However for us this is very bad, we want ONLY maxillary growth, because with that we can have our mandible come forward with the new maxillary growth
HOWEVER the lower arch its self has no inclination to follow the newly positioned upper ridge, meaning an overbite will happen if you use Cope's design due to both shifting forwards of the maxilla its self ( good) and our mandible can follow, and the forward shifting of the alveolar ridge itsself (bad) as the lower ridge will not follow and will be left behind resulting in an overbite

There are two types of facepulling, tooth borne pulling, and bone borne pulling

tooth borne is the most popularly used by ortho's and as the name implies wraps something around the teeth and pulls forward

bone borne is much more recent and is done by screwing a plate into the upper maxilla and pull forward from that. This is obviously not feasible for most people my self included.

Significant differences between the two groups were found in 8 out of 29 cephalometric variables (p < .05). Subjects in the tooth-borne facemask group had more proclination of maxillary incisors (OLp-Is, Is-SNL), increase in overjet correction, and correction in molar relationship. Subjects in the bone-anchored facemask group had less downward movement of the “A” point, less opening of the mandibular plane (SNL-ML and FH-ML), and more vertical eruption of the maxillary incisors. (https://progressinorthodontics.springeropen.com/articles/10.1186/s40510-015-0096-7)

This study shows that even tooth anchored pulling results in MUCH LESS maxillary protraction than bone anchored systems, it increases overjet correction more than in the bone borne group. meaning that if you use the teeth as an anchor, you will get undesirable upper ridge forward shifting not done by actual maxillary protraction which is BAD, however this can be avoided by bone anchored pulling

Now the question is how how the hell do we manage to facepull if we cant anchor anything to our bone?

Luckily for us @nelson solves this problem completely with his dowden appliance. The dowden applies force directly to the maxilla its self without the need for the teeth as a medium to conduct the force. Even though bone anchored protraction involves a screw drilled into the maxilla, and this is just a palate-mold that applies force; the way it manifests in maxilla change is all the same.

It really isnt complex, if the appliance applies a force by pushing on the bone it is bone borne, which both screws and the dowden appliance does, and if it applies a force by using the teeth as an anchor then it is tooth borne, not complex like i said

The dowden completely avoids all tooth contact and ONLY applies a force to the maxilla bone its self, eliminating the subsequent dento-alveolar changes that would cause an overbite in something like Copes appliance

It doesnt stop here though the dowden MOGS EVERY ORAL APPLIANCE TO LITERAL OBLIVION. There is an asterisk with bone anchored pulling, bluepilled orthos attach both screws to the maxilla and mandible and pull the maxilla downwards to the mandible, the screw failure rate is EXTREMELY high, due to pulling downwards the screw frequently gets ripped out of the maxilla, and as a result you can only use extremely minute forces with bone anchored pulling of around 250g a side to prevent the screws from coming undone, i am personally using 800g a side using a slight edit of the dowden

Since the dowden applies an upwards force, that force cements the appliance in the palate and you can use practically unlimited force, as much as you can handle without worrying about it messing up your teeth as it goes straight to the maxilla there are no repercussions, and you do not need to worry about the screws liability like in bone anchored protraction due to the design

The dowden mogs any oral appliance in the way that it distributes force, not to mention bone anchored results in MUCH faster results, compared to tooth anchored
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5698016/ bone anchored also ensures the entire midface will be translated, while tooth anchored lets the rest of the midface out of the maxilla slack behind a little bit, when i first saw the dowden i thought cope's mogged it and i think most people thought that as well, it is extremely undervalued and now that i am more well versed in research, it is apparent that it doesnt just mog cope's it mogs literal surgical screws being drilled into the maxilla by miles

While the way the dowden applies force is ingenius, the way the force vectors work (needed 2 anchor points) isnt ideal for me so i slightly edited it so i can pull from a singular anchor point like the face bow from sandra khan that i have, premise is still the same
Image0 1
Image1 2

I think this needs a pin, tons of people will not see this and are under the impression cope's is superior and it will actually just give an overbite and slower results

get off your lazy ass's and start pulling this design is cheap as fuck and incredibly effective, better than MSE anchored pulling and you wont waste months/years waiting to get it

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 5385, Baldingman1998 and 20 others
This is an informational post to anyone who is currently facepulling or is planning to facepulling, its longer but i suggest you read it if you dont want to develop an overbite and want faster results

If you are using Cope and Ropes infraoral appliance

STOP USE IMMEDIATELY, when pulling on the teeth it it causes both dento-alveolar changes, as well as maxillary changes, from an orthodontist's perspective it doesnt matter at all and that is why they frequently do use forces that mimic cope's design, HOWEVER ortho's are only concerned with getting proper occlusion and fixing the Class iii occlusion (people who get facepullers for orthodontic purposes of fixing an underbite). From the orthodontist's perspective it doesnt matter how the occlusion is fixed, either the alveolar ridge comes forward, or the maxilla comes forward doesnt matter to them; as long as the underbite is fixed they are satisfied.

However for us this is very bad, we want ONLY maxillary growth, because with that we can have our mandible come forward with the new maxillary growth
HOWEVER the lower arch its self has no inclination to follow the newly positioned upper ridge, meaning an overbite will happen if you use Cope's design due to both shifting forwards of the maxilla its self ( good) and our mandible can follow, and the forward shifting of the alveolar ridge itsself (bad) as the lower ridge will not follow and will be left behind resulting in an overbite

There are two types of facepulling, tooth borne pulling, and bone borne pulling

tooth borne is the most popularly used by ortho's and as the name implies wraps something around the teeth and pulls forward

bone borne is much more recent and is done by screwing a plate into the upper maxilla and pull forward from that. This is obviously not feasible for most people my self included.

Significant differences between the two groups were found in 8 out of 29 cephalometric variables (p < .05). Subjects in the tooth-borne facemask group had more proclination of maxillary incisors (OLp-Is, Is-SNL), increase in overjet correction, and correction in molar relationship. Subjects in the bone-anchored facemask group had less downward movement of the “A” point, less opening of the mandibular plane (SNL-ML and FH-ML), and more vertical eruption of the maxillary incisors. (https://progressinorthodontics.springeropen.com/articles/10.1186/s40510-015-0096-7)

This study shows that even tooth anchored pulling results in MUCH LESS maxillary protraction than bone anchored systems, it increases overjet correction more than in the bone borne group. meaning that if you use the teeth as an anchor, you will get undesirable upper ridge forward shifting not done by actual maxillary protraction which is BAD, however this can be avoided by bone anchored pulling

Now the question is how how the hell do we manage to facepull if we cant anchor anything to our bone?

Luckily for us @nelson solves this problem completely with his dowden appliance. The dowden applies force directly to the maxilla its self without the need for the teeth as a medium to conduct the force. Even though bone anchored protraction involves a screw drilled into the maxilla, and this is just a palate-mold that applies force; the way it manifests in maxilla change is all the same.

It really isnt complex, if the appliance applies a force by pushing on the bone it is bone borne, which both screws and the dowden appliance does, and if it applies a force by using the teeth as an anchor then it is tooth borne, not complex like i said

The dowden completely avoids all tooth contact and ONLY applies a force to the maxilla bone its self, eliminating the subsequent dento-alveolar changes that would cause an overbite in something like Copes appliance

It doesnt stop here though the dowden MOGS EVERY ORAL APPLIANCE TO LITERAL OBLIVION. There is an asterisk with bone anchored pulling, bluepilled orthos attach both screws to the maxilla and mandible and pull the maxilla downwards to the mandible, the screw failure rate is EXTREMELY high, due to pulling downwards the screw frequently gets ripped out of the maxilla, and as a result you can only use extremely minute forces with bone anchored pulling of around 250g a side to prevent the screws from coming undone, i am personally using 800g a side using a slight edit of the dowden

Since the dowden applies an upwards force, that force cements the appliance in the palate and you can use practically unlimited force, as much as you can handle without worrying about it messing up your teeth as it goes straight to the maxilla there are no repercussions, and you do not need to worry about the screws liability like in bone anchored protraction due to the design

The dowden mogs any oral appliance in the way that it distributes force, not to mention bone anchored results in MUCH faster results, compared to tooth anchored
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5698016/ bone anchored also ensures the entire midface will be translated, while tooth anchored lets the rest of the midface out of the maxilla slack behind a little bit, when i first saw the dowden i thought cope's mogged it and i think most people thought that as well, it is extremely undervalued and now that i am more well versed in research, it is apparent that it doesnt just mog cope's it mogs literal surgical screws being drilled into the maxilla by miles

While the way the dowden applies force is ingenius, the way the force vectors work (needed 2 anchor points) isnt ideal for me so i slightly edited it so i can pull from a singular anchor point like the face bow from sandra khan that i have, premise is still the same
View attachment 310976View attachment 310977

I think this needs a pin, tons of people will not see this and are under the impression cope's is superior and it will actually just give an overbite and slower results

get off your lazy ass's and start pulling this design is cheap as fuck and incredibly effective, better than MSE anchored pulling and you wont waste months/years waiting to get it
I told niggas that shit isn't perfect because it has to much force on the front of the palate but some nigga said it's perfect even though he didn't even fucking make one since he heard it off @Lorsss

Attachments

• 4DFADE64-3E45-4376-8CBF-96D04F077BFE.jpeg
    4DFADE64-3E45-4376-8CBF-96D04F077BFE.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 91
  • D0B6301D-2542-4846-A2DE-641624BB260A.jpeg
    D0B6301D-2542-4846-A2DE-641624BB260A.jpeg
    50.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 4F08FBA3-EEF4-49DA-B9F5-1F9C34AB2898.jpeg
    4F08FBA3-EEF4-49DA-B9F5-1F9C34AB2898.jpeg
    22.4 KB · Views: 101
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, thecel, Luke LLL and 2 others
I told niggas that shit isn't perfect because it has to much force on the front of the palate but some nigga said it's perfect even though he didn't even fucking make one since he heard it off @Lorsss
a greater force on the front of the palate is fine, it would actually just cause a greater CCW rotation, the main problem with copes is that results are much slower and you will fuck your teeth occlusion up, im still having most of the force on my frontal palate using this design just by the set up of my rubber bands

• +1
Reactions: sloopnoob and Chadelite
Just get MSE with facepulling and stop worrying about all this shit. It works. Won woon has actual human results instead of the ape study @GetThatBread posted

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385, sloopnoob and curryslayerordeath
COPE GANG BE LIKE

• +1
Reactions: PenileFacialSurgery and Deleted member 685
Just get MSE with facepulling and stop worrying about all this shit. It works. Won woon has actual human results instead of the ape study @GetThatBread posted
there is no chance you actually read the second half of the thread jfl

dowden mogs mse since while they both induce good sutural growth, the dowden applies those same changes that MSE does, as well as bone remodelling changes that MSE lacks to provide due to all of the force being applied to a really small area

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: AscendingHero, 000, Alvik and 2 others
a greater force on the front of the palate is fine, it would actually just cause a greater CCW rotation, the main problem with copes is that results are much slower and you will fuck your teeth occlusion up, im still having most of the force on my frontal palate using this design just by the set up of my rubber bands
Mewing works by using the back of the palate so doing it on the back of the palate my product has 80 percent of the force on the front it fucked my teeth up

there is no chance you actually read the second half of the thread

jfl
Doesn't matter. I go by actual studies done on humans not apes. Won moon knows his shit
Mewing works by using the back of the palate so doing it on the back of the palate my product has 80 percent of the force on the front it fucked my teeth up
Another retard

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite, Deleted member 2756 and curryslayerordeath
bro even copes appliance shouldnt touch any of the front teeth, that would obv be really bad, if you apply a greater force to the frontal part of the maxilla it will just cause a greater rotation
Doesn't matter. I go by actual studies done on humans not apes. Won moon knows his shit

Another retard
i literally addressed all of that in my thread, the dowden mogs MSE pulling, just read it

• +1
Reactions: sloopnoob
there is no chance you actually read the second half of the thread jfl

dowden mogs mse since while they both induce good sutural growth, the dowden applies those same changes that MSE does, as well as bone remodelling changes that MSE lacks to provide due to all of the force being applied to a really small area
Wtf is this logic dude? The "dowden appliance" which was made by some insecure teenager on an incel forum has no studies such as clinical trials whatsoever and MSE literally expands your entire maxilla which has been shown by actual CT scans

mewing is cope, facepulling, autismpulling.

all cope, your face is the face you're cursed with or (((blessed))) with once you squeeze out of your genetically inferior or (((superior))) mothers loose pussy.

• WTF
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 5385, Deleted member 4614 and Chintuck22
just get bamp theory

Wtf is this logic dude? The "dowden appliance" which was made by some insecure teenager on an incel forum has no studies such as clinical trials whatsoever and MSE literally expands your entire maxilla which has been shown by actual CT scans
R E A D T H E T H R E A D

there are only two types of facepulling, tooth anchored and bone anchored

dowden and MSE are both bone anchored but MSE doesnt invoke the same bone remodeling changes dowden does (they are both good dont get me wrong, just slightly worse, the majority of growth is going to be sutural not remodeling, its just a tiny boost)

all cope, your face is the face you're cursed with or (((blessed))) with once you squeeze out of your genetically inferior or (((superior))) mothers loose pussy.
studies show maxilla protraction is possible in adults (yes humans)
just get bamp theory
this is way better than bamp

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, FutureMogger and Xander578
link to buy this?

• +1
Reactions: 000

I mean the thing is facepulling done with atleast 1.5kg with MSE (which is DRILLED into your upper jaw) has been shown to show some changes but these kids are literally setting up their own garage devices thinking anyone will take them seriously lmao

Screenshot 20200316 213518 comgoogleandroidyoutube

The changes in the bottom left took close to 1 year alone
R E A D T H E T H R E A D

there are only two types of facepulling, tooth anchored and bone anchored

dowden and MSE are both bone anchored but MSE doesnt invoke the same bone remodeling changes dowden does (they are both good dont get me wrong, just slightly worse, the majority of growth is going to be sutural not remodeling, its just a tiny boost)

studies show maxilla protraction is possible in adults (yes humans)

I still don't give a fuck since you failed to provide any studies or results. All the retards here that are willing to try this are just lab test bunnies

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2756 and Xander578
Oh i realize which appliance ur talking about now, good thread
I mean the thing is facepulling done with atleast 1.5kg with MSE (which is DRILLED into your upper jaw) has been shown to show some changed but these kids are literally setting up their own garage devices thinking anyone will take them seriously lmao

View attachment 311001

I still don't give a fuck since you failed to provide any studies or results. All the retards here that are willing to try this are just lab test bunnies
just be a Lab rat theory

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
I mean the thing is facepulling done with atleast 1.5kg with MSE (which is DRILLED into your upper jaw) has been shown to show some changed but these kids are literally setting up their own garage devices thinking anyone will take them seriously lmao

View attachment 311001

there isnt some "magical" way to distribute force, it is all just physics when it comes down to it. I am using 1.6 kg currently

either bone or tooth borne, mse and dowden apply force to bone, there is no special perk about it being screwed in, it doesnt cause the force to manifest in some more powerful way, a gram of force on the maxilla via screw is the same exact as a gram of force by just applying a pushing force to the palate by a mold
link to buy this?
theres no guide for my remake, i think nelson is currently making a new guide on a dowden v2, id just wait for that as the current version requires scuffed headgear that pushes back on chin

• +1
Reactions: FutureMogger
there isnt some "magical" way to distribute force, it is all just physics when it comes down to it. I am using 1.6 kg currently

either bone or tooth borne, mse and dowden apply force to bone, there is no special perk about it being screwed in, it doesnt cause the force to manifest in some more powerful way, a gram of force on the maxilla via screw is the same exact as a gram of force by just applying a pushing force to the palate by a mold
"just physics" yeah dude just use external forces on your bones and see what happens theory.

And yes it does cause it to be more effective since it's literally nested into your maxilla and pulling it forward which we know from stufies.

It seems like you’re coping by not having to do the work and blaming it on genetics if you have bad bone structure. Normie mentality

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: AscendingHero, StolenDays, hairyballscel and 1 other person
"just physics" yeah dude just use external forces on your bones and see what happens theory.

And yes it does cause it to be more effective since it's literally nested into your maxilla and pulling it forward which we know from stufies.
i dont think ur realizing that the screw just allows the force to manifest in a bone anchored way

i have an analogy that should explain it

do a thumbs up with one hand and with your other hand clasp around your thumb then move the hand with a thumbs up forward, this simulates the screw in the maxilla in mse

now just take that hand that was around your thumb and with your other hand push behind it as strongly as you moved forward the hand with your thumb up in, this is the same as applying a forward push force to the palate

if you use the same force you will notice the hand receiving the force will move the same exact distance

as long as youre applying some sort of acceleration to the bone there is no "magic trick" that a screw will manifest in better results

• +1
Reactions: Alvik

Says the dumb incel that regurgitates words on a forum to impress other incels.

i dont think ur realizing that the screw just allows the force to manifest in a bone anchored way

i have an analogy that should explain it

do a thumbs up with one hand and with your other hand clasp around your thumb then move the hand with a thumbs up forward, this simulates the screw in the maxilla in mse

now just take that hand that was around your thumb and with your other hand push behind it as strongly as you moved forward the hand with your thumb up in, this is the same as applying a forward push force to the palate

if you use the same force you will notice the hand receiving the force will move the same exact distance

as long as youre applying some sort of acceleration to the bone there is no "magic trick" that a screw will manifest in better results
I don't care about analogies I care about human studies with external devices moving their bones around

Stop doing this ffs, we've had these debates before. 99% of your arguments are just analogies and daydreaming

I don't care about analogies I care about human studies with external devices moving their bones around

Stop doing this ffs, we've had these debates before. 99% of your arguments are just analogies and daydreaming
just do the damn hand gesture, the laws of physics can predict literally anything, an apple will fall at 9.81m/s2 i can know that without testing my self, physics are the ultimate predictor on if something will work if you can be sure you account for every variable

• +1
Reactions: FutureMogger and PrisonMike
The question is can you FacePull during MSE? While the sutures are splitting and expanding laterally

The question is can you FacePull during MSE? While the sutures are splitting and expanding laterally
Yes you can and there's hundreds of results online and in Moons lecture which is available on youtube

Mods sticky this @Lorsss @jefferson

• +1
Reactions: retard
Mods sticky this @Lorsss @jefferson
No please don't. Mods will sticky anything supposedly high effort since they don't even read the threads

yes MSE pulling is superior in the sense that it will weaken the sutures, but comparatively the Dowden is its self better for applying pressure

for results MSE will mog but that is not from a superior pulling mechanism, just due to weakened sutures
No please don't. Mods will sticky anything supposedly high effort since they don't even read the threads
? You don’t believe anything without studies and there are tons that talk about the negative teeth shifting from tooth borne pullers, that was the main purpose of this thread, I just offered a solution too but u get butthurt about any claim even if logically sound if there aren’t muh studies

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: 000 and FutureMogger
yes MSE pulling is superior in the sense that it will weaken the sutures, but comparatively the Dowden is its self better for applying pressure

for results MSE will mog but that is not from a superior pulling mechanism, just due to weakened sutures
Why not use the Dowden device while the MSE is expanding your maxilla and pushing your zygos

Screenshot 20200313 020116 Firefox

I will insert this add-on to my facepuller appliance in order to make sure my lower jaw grows forward alongside the maxilla

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
View attachment 311054

I will insert this add-on to my facepuller appliance in order to make sure my lower jaw grows forward alongside the maxilla
no im talking about the actual upper ridge of teeth it’s self; as long as you have your molars in contact the mandible will follow maxilla growth, not the actual ridge of teeth it’s self though which you don’t want to move anyways

this is the proof that facepulling works
(and does not cause overbite)

Why not use the Dowden device while the MSE is expanding your maxilla and pushing your zygos
It is miniscully superior, if you get MSE just pull with that there is no real point doing all that hassle
this is the proof that facepulling works
(and does not cause overbite)

it won’t cause an overbite if only your maxilla comes forward and the mandible follows

it will cause an overbite if the actual alveolar ridge is shifted forward by pulling on the teeth

Last edited:
Do your molars touch with the modifications you made to this device? @retard

I also found a useful video which shows the movements of the mandible in relation to the rest of the skull.

Do your molars touch with the modifications you made to this device? @retard

I also found a useful video which shows the movements of the mandible in relation to the rest of the skull.

no I can’t due to the location of the nails, john mew says 4-8 hours of your teeth together is sufficient time for proper growth

no I can’t due to the location of the nails, john mew says 4-8 hours of your teeth together is sufficient time for proper growth

I see. Can I get a link to where he said that? Not doubting but I want to hear the words themselves

I can see how that might work though, with the TMJ's resting place being altered by the new forward position of the maxilla after the nighttime facepulling

• +1
Reactions: BlackPillChad
BOYOS

MAYBE FUCKING UP YOUR BITE, WILL BE YOUR REASON TO GET JAW SURGERY.

BOYOS

MAYBE FUCKING UP YOUR BITE, WILL BE YOUR REASON TO GET JAW SURGERY.

This except unironically. In the worst case scenario where the mandible doesn't come forward, we get BSSO covered by insurance.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: FutureMogger, LostYouth and je3oe
So if I'm planning on facepulling what should I take from this? Did nelson make a guide for this dowden appliance already? If I just follow Nelson's guide should I be fine?

So if I'm planning on facepulling what should I take from this? Did nelson make a guide for this dowden appliance already? If I just follow Nelson's guide should I be fine?
if you dont mind having a chin cup yes use the dowden guide on his youtube (nelsons ortho lab) i think he is working on a new guide that would probably not require the use of one though

• +1
Reactions: giving120everyday
  • retard:
    the nails at the back are hooked to an elastic that goes forwards and upwards at some anchor point outside the mouth, you pull the bands so that they wrap around the teeth
  • [IMG alt="retard"]https://looksmax.org/data/avatars/s/1/1401.jpg?1583968584[/IMG] retard:
    And the front nails are pretty self explanatory just attach them to the same anchor point
    3 minutes ago
  • [IMG alt="retard"]https://looksmax.org/data/avatars/s/1/1401.jpg?1583968584[/IMG] retard:
    A ratio of 2 rubber bands per side in back and one in front keeps it stabilized and provides CCW rotation
    2 minutes ago
    If you have a Upwards force in the front and the back of the appliance it locks it into place

So does facepulling work or not

Is thumb pulling still ok? A major part of that is to not touch the teeth.

If so, what direction should we apply force? Forward AND up, so kind of diagonal?

So does facepulling work or not
Yes
Is thumb pulling still ok? A major part of that is to not touch the teeth.

If so, what direction should we apply force? Forward AND up, so kind of diagonal?
you can’t thumb pull anywhere near for the duration you need to for actual changes past puberty

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, FutureMogger, theanonymousone and 1 other person
Fuck I was supposed to see my ortho today but they're closed for a fucking month because of COVID-19. After seeing this, I think I'm going to try to get MSE on it own without asking for any modifications and then do facepulling by myself with the Dowden appliance and the Facebow. Anyone know if I could jump straight into facepulling after MSE or would I have to wait for the suture to heal (it takes 2-4 months from what I've heard)?

Yes

you can’t thumb pull anywhere near for the duration you need to for actual changes past puberty

Thanks, but if you theoretically could, what direction should you apply force?