Goddamn school won't let me take AP Studio Art

thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre
Cus of required prerequisite courses. According to school policy, there's no other way to acquire the knowledge you need for a high-level class other than taking the classes that come before it. Yes, the only way students can possibly be ready for AP Studio Art is by having taken not 1 but 2 high school art classes. Learning outside of school? Impossible! JFL at mandatory prerequisites. They just don't believe you can learn stuff outside of school just as well or even better than inside school?

I want to take AP Studio Art to show colleges that I'm not just another computer science STEM nerd. Most of my elective classes all through high school were computer science. I'm also taking more than the required number of science classes: I'm in AP Chemistry and AP Physics 1 right now, and I'm going to take AP Physics 2 next year. My classes make me look like just another Asian tryhard math-and-science and programming geek. By taking an advanced-level art class, I can make the admissions officers go "damn bro, this dude is an artist too!"

A fine arts credit is required for graduation. I'm in 11th grade, so next year is my last lear of high school, which means there's no way I can get into AP Studio Art. I can only take AP Art History or the intro-level art class, Art 1. AP Art History is usually taken by students who want to get their fine arts credit without actually creating art. Taking only Art 1 is what you do when you aren't really interested in art and just want to take an easy art class to fulfill the graduation requirement. Both of these options would give colleges the impression that I'm a STEM nerd who doesn't do anything on the creative side.

As a Mongoloid, looking like a one-dimensional math-grinder STEM nerd really hurts my admissions chances. Admissions committees rate Asian applicants lower in personal ratings because most of them tend to do the same types of things: studying and excelling at academics while lacking in social life. Especially male Asian students—doing CS and being good at math and science is too common. We all know that so many Asian applicants want to become doctors, engineers, and software developers—colleges find this hella lame. But being good at both STEM and art would look pretty good on an application, wouldn't it?

Fuck school bro

Last edited:
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 5969, JL~, St. Wristcel and 5 others
@thecel fuck school and fuck being a manlet ethnic.

• +1
Reactions: thecel
show them your songs bro

• JFL
Reactions: thecel
Bumping this brocel

also no art for your ipd

also dn rd

• So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Need2Ascend and thecel
Tough shit man