Goldcels explain this pls

.*my*.

.*my*.

Kess mah ess
If gold is so stable and reliable why does it behave like this?

Attachments

• E779EE38-BEC5-46D8-80AE-BC196839C558.jpeg
    E779EE38-BEC5-46D8-80AE-BC196839C558.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Ragnar, Deleted member 21044 and Deleted member 17345
Silverfags must be drooling at the sight of this

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 21044 and .*my*.
Gold is pretty reliable in it's predictibility I'd say, not stable.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17872 and .*my*.
Gold is fucking trash it's like shortselling but garbage.

• +1
Reactions: Ragnar and .*my*.
Silverfags must be drooling at the sight of this
It’s also unstable. I’m just using this to understand why they claim that crypto is unstable while gold is clearly also not stable. Except that crypto offers an opportunity to make a big gain, while gold doesn’t offer that.

Attachments

• 3E24FBFB-6329-4783-A719-DD73FCD14B42.jpeg
    3E24FBFB-6329-4783-A719-DD73FCD14B42.jpeg
    651.2 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: .*my*.
But... muh... muh physical assets!
The only way crypto is going away is if every computer on the globe is shut down.

Yes some crypto can fail miserably and that’s where gold is superior, but they can’t all fail.

• +1
Reactions: LiteralCaucasian
The only way crypto is going away is if every computer on the globe is shut down.
Event 201.

One day it will happen though, that's why I partly understand the concerns from the other side.

• +1
Reactions: Artemis and .*my*.
There's always a risk to any stock. Only that for gold, an absolute collapse is highly unlikely. That's also why "you can't make a lot of gains from it" (it's called volatility). The more uncertainity about a stock is involved, the more volatile it might get. Think of electric car companies. Gold on the other hand is a pretty straightforward and easy to understand product.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17872 and .*my*.
muh just buy gold and land youre set for life bro they never depreciate

• +1
Jews.

Jews.
Ok let’s say they shut down the internet. Some people are still gonna run the internet and most people will still find a way to connect. No one is gonna be able to confiscate every device on the planet.

For a connection all you need is cables, cell towers (rogue technicians can build them) and devices. Jews can’t take that.

muh just buy gold and land youre set for life bro they never depreciate
My mom has gold that she kept for decades and now it’s worth a lot so it can be a good asset.

I only have a problem with goldcels claiming that crypto is too unstable. I don't have an issue with gold.

• +1
Reactions: c0pemaxxer
My mom has gold that she kept for decades and now it’s worth a lot so it can be a good asset.

I only have a problem with goldcels claiming that crypto is too unstable. I don't have an issue with gold.
i think the only good thing about gold is that its physical, you cant get scammed like with crypto. other than that its literally the same, it goes up and down.
one more pro could be that its easier to understand than stocks so more normies will invest, so more trade options

• +1
OP how's life in Central ASia

• JFL
When the dollar is weak and or there is market uncertainty gold generally goes up in value, it is often used as a hedge against inflation and other factors.

To elaborate, when the dollar is weak, it requires more $ to purchase an ounce of gold, driving the price upwards.

In the grand scheme of things it's not as volatile as you may think, so it is used to hedge against inflation as it's a pretty modest storage of value as it has "inherent" value not tied to something else (that is, it is not considered a traditional derivative as its value is not tied to another underlying asset such as stocks or ETFs).

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17872, .*my*. and Ragnar
crypto is too unstable
she is kind of correct, gold will always have a trader-base no matter what happens. but crypto is slowly declining + crypto is easier to manipulate than gold

• +1
OP how's life in Central ASia
Getting worse and worse unfortunately. No new investors from the west and Turkey for 20 years because they scared them away with their intimidation. No trade = shit life.

Also they banned crypto starting in 2023

• So Sad
she is kind of correct, gold will always have a trader-base no matter what happens. but crypto is slowly declining + crypto is easier to manipulate than gold
Declining? It’s only growing as far as I can tell. All analytics point to big growth in the next 10 years.

• +1
The currency is still fresh so we have to keep that in mind too.

As trust level and demand grow it will be less volatile and more expensive.

Attachments

• CA2AFCCB-81F1-4FC2-9DFF-2313B89A1217.jpeg
    CA2AFCCB-81F1-4FC2-9DFF-2313B89A1217.jpeg
    742.6 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Declining? It’s only growing as far as I can tell. All analytics point to big growth in the next 10 years.
i was wrong then, good luck on your future endeavors 👍

• +1
Covid happened, people got desperate and started to hoard gold...

• +1
That's pretty stable behaviour over the course of 9 years especially if you consider inflation. Show me any other asset who is as stable as this. I can only think of silver who is nearly as stable.

• +1
Reactions: Artemis and .*my*.
If gold is so stable and reliable why does it behave like this?
Because it is stable LONG TERM. In fact, the MOST stable asset long-term.

It can fluctuate a lot shortly though...

• +1
That's pretty stable behaviour over the course of 9 years especially if you consider inflation. Show me any other asset who is as stable as this. I can only think of silver who is nearly as stable.
Doesn’t protect against inflation which is a big time problem for an asset that is supposed to be the most reliable

Attachments

• F88E7073-6D26-45F8-AE72-6DE1081CCC43.jpeg
    F88E7073-6D26-45F8-AE72-6DE1081CCC43.jpeg
    661.6 KB · Views: 0
Actually it declined starting in 2020
People started to buy it, so the price first rose, then others started to sell it and made a nice profit, so the price dropped, then it rose again and so on....

• +1