gymcels help

yang

yang

Went acidfacing
6'1, 132lbs.

Skinny as fuck.

I eat a lot every day, probably 2600-3000 calories. I burn a lot of it due to sports practice, but I'd like to start hitting the gym to start building a solid physique.

Do i need to follow a program? Or can I just go lift?

Last edited:
push, pull, legs is a solid 3x weekly workout

if you want specifically 4 days, you could do
1 day chest / triceps
2 day back / biceps
3 day legs
4 day shoulders

dedicating a whole workout to shoulders is good for anyone trying to add overall upper body width / v taper

focus on big movements - bench press, shoulder press, pullups, rows, pulldowns, squats, deadlifts.

low volume, high intensity, (heavy weight, 3-8 reps per set) eat well and sleep well.

• +1
Reactions: yang
push, pull, legs is a solid 3x weekly workout

if you want specifically 4 days, you could do
1 day chest / triceps
2 day back / biceps
3 day legs
4 day shoulders

dedicating a whole workout to shoulders is good for anyone trying to add overall upper body width / v taper

focus on big movements - bench press, shoulder press, pullups, rows, pulldowns, squats, deadlifts.

low volume, high intensity, (heavy weight, 3-8 reps per set) eat well and sleep well.
Thanks.

How long should I be working out each day?

Thanks.

How long should I be working out each day?
45 mins like you said is ideal. my workouts are always an hour or less and I have made excellent muscle gains over the years. Apparently if you workout for TOO long your body actually releases cortisol which is bad for gaining muscle. Keep it short but intense. Another tip, you should wait a minute or two in between your heavy compound movement sets. I forget the exact science behind it but basically you will be stronger if you rest briefly in between sets

btw you can do isolation movements like variations of bicep curls, lateral raises, etc. but save them for the end of your workout. you get the most out of a workout if you start with the heavy compounds first

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: yang
you're not eating that much consistently. If you were then you'd be putting on weight.

get myfitnesspal and track your calories. find out your maintenence and add like 350