Haircare advice?

David17

David17

hallucinating
I'm not balding or anything, I have really thick hair, it just get frizzy and stiff sometimes. Rn all I do is wash my hair and use conditioner. I try not to use shampoo too often but I'm an athlete so I get sweaty and gotta use it. What else should I add to my routine, especially after showering

• +1
Reactions: Infinite
rosemary oil(equal to 2.5% minox), hair mask, leave in conditioner. That should be enough tbh
You can try biotin if you're deficient in that.

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker and David17
I'm not balding or anything, I have really thick hair, it just get frizzy and stiff sometimes. Rn all I do is wash my hair and use conditioner. I try not to use shampoo too often but I'm an athlete so I get sweaty and gotta use it. What else should I add to my routine, especially after showering
moroccan oil is a really good brand (y) check it out

• +1
Reactions: David17
rosemary oil(equal to 2.5% minox), hair mask, leave in conditioner. That should be enough tbh
You can try biotin if you're deficient in that.
Is rosemary oil better than using rosemary water?

• +1
Reactions: Infinite
Is rosemary oil better than using rosemary water?
Yeah, rosemary water is extremely diliuted.
But make sure you get "essential" rosemary oil and mix it with a carrier oil like coconut, castor, etc, etc.
You can find that out in youtube, I use one from the store premixed with castor + rosemary and a few others.

• Love it
If your hair is frizzy that most likely means its dry and high porosity. You want a hydrating conditioner and shampoo. Shampoo only 1-2x a week since you have thick hair and use a good amount of HIGH QUALITY conditioner. Get a salon quality one made for frizzy and dry hair like the Redken All Soft or Kevin Murphy Smooth Again. After showering you wanna blow dry your hair but do it from 6 inches away and make sure to continously move the dryer so you dont hold heat over the same spot for too long. The main issue I did before was I just crunched my hair with a towel after the shower instead of drying it properly. You need to be careful with wet hair as its very brittle and in its weakest state.

If you really struggle with dryness you can try the occasional hair oil and or leave-in conditioner too. But start with getting high quality shampoo and conditioner made for your hair type and issues as well as drying it properly.

• Love it