Has anyone actually had surgery done?

Joyride

Joyride

fat and ugly
I see so much talk about getting future surgeries etc. but has anyone successfully completed their surgery including its recovery? Any surgery that alters your face like rhinoplasty, or implants. It would be nice if the few of you who have underwent surgeries to share your experiences or tips etc. for people who are planning on getting surgeries in the future. It would be somewhat helpful for us. Thanks!

PS. I've done tonnes of research on procedures so here's some really basic things I've learnt.
  • Before considering or getting surgery, always try out fillers/botox first. They give you an idea of what you will look like after getting surgery. You could have allergies so beware! Getting fillers/botox is a proper procedure so make sure you go to a proper place to do it with registered nurses injecting you.
  • Every surgery will ALWAYS have risks and problems. This includes scarring, infections, coma, death and so on. Although it is rare, it is important to keep this in mind.
  • So - go to a proper board certified surgeon. Don't go to surgeons just cause they're cheap. Go to multiple surgeons and pick the one you're most comfortable with (assuming that they're all licensed) and ask for pics of before and after and see if the doctor's work is what you desire.
  • Just because the doctor is really good or is expensive, doesn't mean they won't stuff up your surgery. Revision surgeries can be done but it's very very frustrating and highly risky.
  • Going under constant anesthetic and antibiotics is bad for your health. They all have side effects.
  • It's best to only do one surgery per year on the part of body you want to change. So e.g., if you got a rhinoplasty this year, you should get a revision the next year if it could be done better. Otherwise, if it's really that bad then bad luck - you'll have to suffer the consequences of your doctor operating on a weaker nose.
  • Yes, surgeons want your money. If a surgeon states that they would like to do some revisions for your altered body part, firstly consider if it is necessary. If you're already satisfied with the outcome don't go for more. There's PLENTY of instances of revision surgeries gone wrong.
  • Surgeries like rhinoplasty and genioplasty have a somewhat quick recovery (it's usually really disgusting tho) time (we're talking 3 weeks to 4 months) but the final result/outcome should appear after 6 months or longer. Rhino usually takes a year for it to truly show its final form.
  • It's better to do surgeries separately according to some redditors. They claim that doing a lot in one go is cheaper but if you do surgeries one by one (or two surgeries in one go), you're able to change and shift the outcome more carefully.
  • Also before considering genioplasty, chin implants or any invasive jaw surgeries, have you thought about whether you have an underbite/overbite or crooked teeth? This could be somewhat solved with braces, invisalign, expanders, face masks etc so go to your dentist to check it out. Sure, it does take much longer than a surgery and the outcome isnt as good as surgery but its much less risky and its not invasive.
  • If you're under the age of 21, it's best to avoid such surgeries. Let your face grow and then see if you still want the surgeries. If you're 18 and you are already considering surgery, it's best not to do it.
  • If you're ethnic like black or chinese, be sure to go to a surgeon who is experienced with ethnic surgeries. This mostly applies to rhinoplastys.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: angelo, BrettyBoy, Lorsss and 2 others
Yes 2 weeks ago

• +1
Reactions: Joyride
I see so much talk about getting future surgeries etc. but has anyone successfully completed their surgery including its recovery? Any surgery that alters your face like rhinoplasty, or implants. It would be nice if the few of you who have underwent surgeries to share your experiences or tips etc. for people who are planning on getting surgeries in the future. It would be somewhat helpful for us. Thanks!

Not yet, too young. Plan on doing rhino in a couple of years along with chin filler tbh that's how far i'll go

• +1
my ex-best friend did his nose 9 years ago

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel and Joyride
laser eye surgery, septoplasty for inner nose wall (shouldve gotten rhino too, but too late now)

laser eye surgery, septoplasty for inner nose wall (shouldve gotten rhino too, but too late now)

Why is it too late for rhino? Recovery time is usually quick. But the final result will take a whole year.

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel, Lorsss, Bennett and 1 other person
Why is it too late for rhino? Recovery time is usually quick. But the final result will take a whole year.
i meant as in i should've get it done along with septoplasty, although it was for medical reasons and covered by government. not sure how it would've worked out if i wanted rhino too

Rhino + otoplasty in 12 days, gonna make a thread about it and if my life actually improves or not.

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss and Joyride
@ZUZZCEL is getting surgery on 15th i think

Rhino + otoplasty in 12 days, gonna make a thread about it and if my life actually improves or not.
Good luck! Eager to see your progress!

Pm me, no way I’m posting it
Great I’m also planning on rhiano but I’m scared lol post it plz or I might pm you later

I have had a few surgeries and though I look better, it's not a magical chad pill. It does carry all the risks like you are saying even in the hands of the best doctors. I had a failed hair transplant with a highly regarded doctor with many good before and after photos and reviews. I also had a less than ideal outcome by Taban, though perhaps more time will make it worth it.

Another thing I want to mention is the whole "wait 12 months for your full results" in the context of many surgeries is a huge lie by many doctors and patients to cope with marginal results.
  • If your hair transplant doesn't start to look good after 6 months, then chances are it won't be a good final result, even after 12 to 18 months where they will always say a lot of thickening will occur in between. It won't.
  • If you don't love your new nose after a rhinoplasty as soon as the cast comes off, chances are you never will even after all the supposed swelling takes a year to finally resolve. I have seen several video diaries of patients who are beyond thrilled and objectively have much better noses immediately when the cast comes off. They don't have to wait a fucking year - maybe 2 to 3 months, at most.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: CupOfCoffee and Joyride
I would only ever consider hair transplant I think. Respect to those who go through with plastic surgery, I would be too scared lol

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: CupOfCoffee
I would only ever consider hair transplant I think. Respect to those who go through with plastic surgery, I would be too scared lol
didnt you get a genio or chin implant your self

What is with costum implants ? In imo they will get better and better in the next years (3D printer) and there must be a way to augment skull and face drastic.

I've had rhino + chin implant.

Good advice OP

PS. I've done tonnes of research on procedures so here's some really basic things I've learnt.
  • Before considering or getting surgery, always try out fillers/botox first. They give you an idea of what you will look like after getting surgery. You could have allergies so beware! Getting fillers/botox is a proper procedure so make sure you go to a proper place to do it with registered nurses injecting you.
  • Every surgery will ALWAYS have risks and problems. This includes scarring, infections, coma, death and so on. Although it is rare, it is important to keep this in mind.
  • So - go to a proper board certified surgeon. Don't go to surgeons just cause they're cheap. Go to multiple surgeons and pick the one you're most comfortable with (assuming that they're all licensed) and ask for pics of before and after and see if the doctor's work is what you desire.
  • Just because the doctor is really good or is expensive, doesn't mean they won't stuff up your surgery. Revision surgeries can be done but it's very very frustrating and highly risky.
  • Going under constant anesthetic and antibiotics is bad for your health. They all have side effects.
  • It's best to only do one surgery per year on the part of body you want to change. So e.g., if you got a rhinoplasty this year, you should get a revision the next year if it could be done better. Otherwise, if it's really that bad then bad luck - you'll have to suffer the consequences of your doctor operating on a weaker nose.
  • Yes, surgeons want your money. If a surgeon states that they would like to do some revisions for your altered body part, firstly consider if it is necessary. If you're already satisfied with the outcome don't go for more. There's PLENTY of instances of revision surgeries gone wrong.
  • Surgeries like rhinoplasty and genioplasty have a somewhat quick recovery (it's usually really disgusting tho) time (we're talking 3 weeks to 4 months) but the final result/outcome should appear after 6 months or longer. Rhino usually takes a year for it to truly show its final form.
  • It's better to do surgeries separately according to some redditors. They claim that doing a lot in one go is cheaper but if you do surgeries one by one (or two surgeries in one go), you're able to change and shift the outcome more carefully.
  • Also before considering genioplasty, chin implants or any invasive jaw surgeries, have you thought about whether you have an underbite/overbite or crooked teeth? This could be somewhat solved with braces, invisalign, expanders, face masks etc so go to your dentist to check it out. Sure, it does take much longer than a surgery and the outcome isnt as good as surgery but its much less risky and its not invasive.
  • If you're under the age of 21, it's best to avoid such surgeries. Let your face grow and then see if you still want the surgeries. If you're 18 and you are already considering surgery, it's best not to do it.
  • If you're ethnic like black or chinese, be sure to go to a surgeon who is experienced with ethnic surgeries. This mostly applies to rhinoplastys.
I had a plastic surgery when I was 2 years old. it was intended to cure a third degree burn on my right foreharm

XD

• +1
Reactions: x30001 and Deleted member 1106
I have had a few surgeries and though I look better, it's not a magical chad pill. It does carry all the risks like you are saying even in the hands of the best doctors. I had a failed hair transplant with a highly regarded doctor with many good before and after photos and reviews. I also had a less than ideal outcome by Taban, though perhaps more time will make it worth it.

Another thing I want to mention is the whole "wait 12 months for your full results" in the context of many surgeries is a huge lie by many doctors and patients to cope with marginal results.
  • If your hair transplant doesn't start to look good after 6 months, then chances are it won't be a good final result, even after 12 to 18 months where they will always say a lot of thickening will occur in between. It won't.
  • If you don't love your new nose after a rhinoplasty as soon as the cast comes off, chances are you never will even after all the supposed swelling takes a year to finally resolve. I have seen several video diaries of patients who are beyond thrilled and objectively have much better noses immediately when the cast comes off. They don't have to wait a fucking year - maybe 2 to 3 months, at most.
what nw were you before getting a hair transplant?

only had lasik done so far

what nw were you before getting a hair transplant?
3.5. I have had two and my hairline is much better, but still don't have the density I want.
The 2nd transplant was supposed to fix that but was very dissapointing. I am on my way to number 3.

This is true. Once he removed the splint it looked significantly better. Still not 100% straight from the bottom but it's a lot better and doesn't look crooked anymore in motion (I've checked a lot). Hopefully with reduced swelling on the right side it'll look even straighter. The doc told me during consultation it wouldnt appear 100% straight...