Have any of you been to black tie events before?

Jason Voorhees

Jason Voorhees

Mod/chef of the Narcy pirates 🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️
Staff
People made fun of me wearing a suit. They told me I look like I have no clue what I'm doing.They told me my collar should never be open and that I needed a Tie. I shouldn't wear velvet 3 roll 2 buissness suit for a formal dinner party, the suit also apparently had shoddy stitching and I should have worn a propee tuxedo shirt. I had never been to a black tie or even wore a suit before so I didn't know these things.

Any of you have experience attending formal dinner parties?

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: IanIachimoe2491, Gilbert_Durandal, mayo mogger and 3 others
The one you pmed?

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
yeah i have but thats rough that no one told you any of the information for that stuff thats gotta be humiliating

• +1
Reactions: IanIachimoe2491 and Jason Voorhees
yeah i have but thats rough that no one told you any of the information for that stuff thats gotta be humiliating
Indeed it was. I waa standing out like a sore thumb. I never even knew what a black tie dress code was.

• +1
Reactions: Gilbert_Durandal and Deleted member 57122
Indeed it was. I waa standing out like a sore thumb. I never even knew what a black tie dress code was.
brutal jeez. did u do any research before hand on the topic or were u just completely blindsided

• +1
brutal jeez. did u do any research before hand on the topic or were u just completely blindsided
Completely blindsided. The invitation just said black tie dress code. I looked it up and just saw pictures of men in suits so I thought that was what I had to wear for thr party.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Gilbert_Durandal and Deleted member 57122
Completely blindsided. The invitation just said black tie dress code. I looked it up and just saw pictures of men in suits so I thought that was what I had to wear for thr party.
damn well now u know for next time. were u still able to enjoy the event?

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: One Rep Max
damn well now u know for next time. were u still able to enjoy the event?
Yeah. I danced a lot and had a fun time in general. I need to invest in a good suit tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 57122

• JFL
Reactions: mayo mogger
People made fun of me wearing a suit. They told me I look like I have no clue what I'm doing.They told me my collar should never be open and that I needed a Tie. I shouldn't wear velvet 3 roll 2 suit for a formal dinner party, the suit also apparently had shoddy stitching and I should have worn a propee tuxedo shirt. I had never been to a black tie or even wore a suit before so I didn't know these things.

yes

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: aesthetic beauty and mayo mogger
People made fun of me wearing a suit. They told me I look like I have no clue what I'm doing.They told me my collar should never be open and that I needed a Tie. I shouldn't wear velvet 3 roll 2 suit for a formal dinner party, the suit also apparently had shoddy stitching and I should have worn a propee tuxedo shirt. I had never been to a black tie or even wore a suit before so I didn't know these things.

Bhai chapalo aur pajama baniyan mai chale jao

• +1