High Set Cheekbones Doesn't Mean Good Undereye Support

A significant amount of users in this forum have a misunderstanding that there has to be a correlation between high set cheekbones and good under eye support.

This theory is completely false, and I am going to explain why.
There are two main factors responsible for the quality of one's undereye support:

1) Infra-orbital rims (the bottom eye socket, right underneath the lower eyelid).

2) Good fat distribution.

The upper maxilla mainly consists of the infra-orbital rims and the zygomatic bones (obviously there are more parts that make up the upper maxilla but these are the main things). If your upper maxilla is recessed, your infra-orbital rims along with your zygomatic bones are going to be recessed too. Therefore, if the upper maxilla is recessed in relation with the rest of your face, you're going to have hollow under eyes due to lack of bone support beneath the lower eyelids. As a result of a recessed maxilla, your zygomatic bones are also going to be recessed.

When people use the term "cheekbones", they refer to the zygomatic bones:

View attachment 857438

High set cheekbones are basically high set zygomatic bones. And low set cheekbones are basically low set zygomatic bones.

This is an image of a positive and negative orbital vector:

View attachment 857407

If the orbital vector is negative, it's an indicator that the infra-orbitals rims are recessed. On the other hand, if it's a positive orbital vector, it's an indicator of forward-grown infra-orbital rims.

Good amount of fat distribution is important for good undereye support too, though not nearly as much as forward-grown
infra-orbitals.

To summarize, you can have low set cheekbones and great under-eye support at the same time. It's all about how forward grown your infra-orbitals rims are.
Well put. Short and sweet to the point. Potential to be in the vanguard

Having both is god tier tbh. I think max Henhappel has very good under eye support/POV

View attachment 1241835View attachment 1241836

God tier zygos tho😍
View attachment 1241837

If only I had his zygos and orbital bone mass+my current lashes/brows.........
That guy has the best orbital rims I've ever seen, perfect under-eye support, good cheekbone mass and projection all resulting in perfectly deep set eyes.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos| and AscendingHero
Make sense, found the og looksmaxx post of this tho.

I just figured out that not only my supraorbitals, and infraorbitals are recessed but so are my lateral orbital rims, it's beyond over for me.:feelscry::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope:
did you manage to fix that