Hitting the gym soon for the first time, thoughts on my push regime (upper body)?

ascension!

ascension!

The next Chadlite™
Incline DB bench or bench press 4 x 12
Lat pulldown 3 x 12
Seated cable row 3 x 12
Lat DB raises 4 x 20
Tricep pushdowns 3 x 12

First set of each group is warmup, last is power set; 6-10 reps 80% RM. machines go to failure. Going to lift hard. No OHP/deadlifts because I’m growing up and I don’t want to compress my spine, lol.

@TsarTsar444 @Prettyboy @Arborist

• +1
Reactions: Prettyboy
If you only include this many exercises, I would switch out the lat pulldown to (weighted) pull ups and the triceps pushdown to (weighted) dips

• +1
Reactions: TeenAscender and ascension!
Add 2 or 3 more workouts for shoulders , you should add rear delt flys and dont focus on counting reps but more training til failure .

• +1
Reactions: ascension!
3x25 reps of overhead press

ur natty lol good luck on that recovery

• +1
Reactions: GetShrekt
If you only include this many exercises, I would switch out the lat pulldown to (weighted) pull ups and the triceps pushdown to (weighted) dips
Gotta learn calisthenics too, what’s the diff between body weight lifting and gym?

Also, In the case of Push days (lower part), I’ll do the 16 sets of lats/middle traps and 6 sets of biceps.

Last edited:

Very much confusing considering pulldowns and rows are a pull movement.

Personally I would do

Pull-ups weighted or unweighted

OHP barbell standing or barbell seated or dumbbell seated provided full ROM

Barbell Row
Incline or flat bench press DB or barbell

Dips
Facepulls

Tricep push down
Bicep curl

• +1
Reactions: thecel

retarded advice. How is a beginner supposed to do weighted pullups and dips?

OP do your routine, your new so keep it very simple for the first 3-6 months so you can learn consistency. Also keep track of your workouts and the weights your lifting there are apps for that.

• +1
retarded advice. How is a beginner supposed to do weighted pullups and dips?

OP do your routine, your new so keep it very simple for the first 3-6 months so you can learn consistency. Also keep track of your workouts and the weights your lifting there are apps for that.
Should I start with a U/L program for my first 3 months and then switch to LPP then?

• +1