Rate gym routine (Front - Back)

lstar2005

lstar2005

PRAISE THE SUN
Front-back 4 days a week. Strange split but very good ROI, my workouts last like 50 minutes and I belive I grew since starting it 2 months ago. /1 signals a drop set.

Front 1
Bench press x4
Leg extention x3/1
Barbell curl x3/1
Machine press x3/1
Lateral raises 2/1 + 1
Cable one armed curl 2/1
Abs 3/1

Back 1
Cable rows 3/1
Hamstring curls 3/1
Tricep overhead extention 3/1
Lat pulldowns 3/1
Tricep press 3/1
Lateral raises 2/1
Behind the neck press 3

Front 2
Incline bench press 3/1
Squat 4
Barbell curls (seated) 3/1
Machine press 2/1
Lateral raises 2/1 + 1
Cable curls (pronated) 3/1
Abs ×3

Back 2
Deadlifts 3
Lat pulldowns 3/1
Tricep press 3/1
One armed row 3/1
Tricep overhead extention 3/1
Upper back row 2/1
Forearms x4

The results:
4028046 1000005498 01
Screengrab 20240317 081049

• +1
Reactions: Lucid
The results were not from this poor routine. The results are from your muscle insertions, frame, proportions, and manipulating camera angles with posing + a pump (and maybe gear ).

• +1
Reactions: x123 and lstar2005
The results were not from this poor routine. The results are from your muscle insertions, frame, proportions, and manipulating camera angles with posing + a pump (and maybe gear ).
Why is it poor though?

Why is it poor though?
Overlapping, not focused on a specific muscle group, too many movement patterns in one day, and multiple isolated muscles are being hit with other's causing the link between each muscle to be fatigued not allowing for full stimulation/ intensity for that specific muscle. A simple Push Pull Leg split 3-6x a week is more effective and simpler than this.

• +1
Reactions: x123 and lstar2005
Too much volume imo

• +1
Reactions: lstar2005
Try to do something different each workout and go to almost failure on each rep as many you can do with proper form

Not as bad as people claim. This is just chest+bis/back+tris with semi-skipped legs (for likely better results you can pull out the one set of legs on each day to get PPL with poverty leg day and switched bis/tris). If you stall on progression, drop sets might be to blame. Starting with 3 sets and then just adding more volume as needed/as it becomes tolerable would be a safer approach in terms of fatigue management. Drop sets on arms is fine since in my experience since they just recover crazy fast and arm isolations do not fatigue you a lot. For me, doing dropsets on chest isolations almost ensures I'm not recovering in time. Volume is fine.

• +1
Reactions: lstar2005
Overlapping, not focused on a specific muscle group, too many movement patterns in one day, and multiple isolated muscles are being hit with other's causing the link between each muscle to be fatigued not allowing for full stimulation/ intensity for that specific muscle. A simple Push Pull Leg split 3-6x a week is more effective and simpler than this.
true but u can achieve results with any split even the worst one if you just train until failure and u follow sub-optimal diet and sleep

Not as bad as people claim. This is just chest+bis/back+tris with semi-skipped legs (for likely better results you can pull out the one set of legs on each day to get PPL with poverty leg day and switched bis/tris). If you stall on progression, drop sets might be to blame. Starting with 3 sets and then just adding more volume as needed/as it becomes tolerable would be a safer approach in terms of fatigue management. Drop sets on arms is fine since in my experience since they just recover crazy fast and arm isolations do not fatigue you a lot. For me, doing dropsets on chest isolations almost ensures I'm not recovering in time. Volume is fine.
So i should add volume to legs and ditch the drop sets on chest and back?

Just do chest/back and arms/shoulders twice a week + legs and compound day. No need for this retarded program