How can i fix my recession?

V

Void1717

Iron
Capture
Capture2

I already got my molar extracted, and im starting a invisalign treatment, however i would like to add more forward growth to my lower third. I have to much nostril exposure and nasiolabial folds. Im thinking of getting a genio or would a harder surgery benefit me?

• +1
Reactions: buzz cauldron
You could probably benefit from a genio, but if you're looking to correct naisolabial folds, that naturally won't have any impact. You would need either a LF1 or paranasals (or filler I suppose, but I'd caution against it) to correct that.

I am awful at reading scans so I don't really want to comment too much either way.

• +1
Reactions: MTNAscension2, Roge and Void1717
You could probably benefit from a genio, but if you're looking to correct naisolabial folds, that naturally won't have any impact. You would need either a LF1 or paranasals (or filler I suppose, but I'd caution against it) to correct that.

I am awful at reading scans so I don't really want to comment too much either way.
I guess the correct move is to consult a maxilo, to see if a LF1 is needed. After that rhino + genio. Thanks for input

• +1
Reactions: Asspear
F56607FF C802 4F50 9C06 D1117AA93D89

• +1
Reactions: Void1717
Brutal, thats after what procedure?:blackpill:
I have no idea I changed a lot of things, I don’t think it’s realistic (I don’t know how bones actually look)

• +1
I guess the correct move is to consult a maxilo, to see if a LF1 is needed. After that rhino + genio. Thanks for input
No problem. How's your occlusion? If your occlusion is good right now, you might need a BSSO in addition to the LF1 to keep the proper occlusion. Some surgeons can also provide a genio at the same time as a bimax, so be aware of that too.

If you speak to a non-aesthetically oriented maxfac, be prepared for them to only pay attention to functional problems (i.e. do you have sleep apnea, etc.). Regardless, definitely a good idea to speak with one all the same!

• +1
No problem. How's your occlusion? If your occlusion is good right now, you might need a BSSO in addition to the LF1 to keep the proper occlusion. Some surgeons can also provide a genio at the same time as a bimax, so be aware of that too.

If you speak to a non-aesthetically oriented maxfac, be prepared for them to only pay attention to functional problems (i.e. do you have sleep apnea, etc.). Regardless, definitely a good idea to speak with one all the same!
My occlussion after the invisalign will perfect (class1). Thanks for input, i would pm you my photos but I dont know how

• +1
Right now its still a class 1 but not perfect. Am I commiting a error getting invisaling before maxifac?

• +1
Right now its still a class 1 but not perfect. Am I commiting a error getting invisaling before maxifac?
So that would depend on what movements you need - if your invisalign is compensating your teeth, then you may need decompensation before you can get your bimax. If I was not awful at reading scans I might be able to help give an answer, but based on what I can see you would probably need a full bimax, which makes decompensation more likely I suppose.

That being said, I'm far from an expert. I'd personally recommend asking a maxfac soon. I'd imagine it's probably not ideal to get invisalign right now if your teeth are going to change via a bimax anyway.

• +1
Reactions: LancasteR
So that would depend on what movements you need - if your invisalign is compensating your teeth, then you may need decompensation before you can get your bimax. If I was not awful at reading scans I might be able to help give an answer, but based on what I can see you would probably need a full bimax, which makes decompensation more likely I suppose.

That being said, I'm far from an expert. I'd personally recommend asking a maxfac soon. I'd imagine it's probably not ideal to get invisalign right now if your teeth are going to change via a bimax anyway.
sorry, why do you a full bimax need decompensation more likely?
Shouldn’t it be the opposite since you can move both jaws with rotation advancement which allows for a larger advancement?

• +1

Are you strong in malocclusions? Can I pm you?

sorry, why do you a full bimax need decompensation more likely?
Shouldn’t it be the opposite since you can move both jaws with rotation advancement which allows for a larger advancement?
Well I suppose that would depend on how your teeth are being compensated - my understanding was always that, if you need both jaws to be moved, it's preferable to have your teeth uncompensated (assuming regular growth of course) so that both jaws can move as far as possible. Though with rotations, I can see how some compensations could provide an advantage in that respect.

• +1
Reactions: LancasteR
Are you strong in malocclusions? Can I pm you?
I wouldn't say I'm particularly strong, no. But you can pm me if you want. I am far from an expert though.