How do I fix my jaw asymmetry

cabbage

cabbage

Do not go gentle into that good night
It is so much more pronounced on the left side (right in the pic)

Attachments

• PXL_20221217_134708464.jpg
    PXL_20221217_134708464.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 0
chew more with the weak side

• +1
Reactions: Giant Haystacks
You can’t

I will find a way boyos

I will find a way boyos
Did you find a way? I am considering masseter botox and TMJ treatment. Masseter botox will make your jaw more feminine for a while but you can even out the muscles. TMJ treatment should stop you from clenching your teeth at night night/during the day whihc may be causing one of your masseters to be hypertrophied.

Did you find a way
I think so, I found out I have lateral pelvic tilt which means my pelvis is tilted slightly to the left, also throwing off my shoulder and face symmetry. I'm currently doing exercises to try to fix it and if that doesn't work I'm gonna visit a PT.

As you can see from rhis pic it's not so much that my jaw is bigger on one side but that my face itself is tilted to the left (same with shoulders and clavicles)
Image 12

I think so, I found out I have lateral pelvic tilt which means my pelvis is tilted slightly to the left, also throwing off my shoulder and face symmetry. I'm currently doing exercises to try to fix it and if that doesn't work I'm gonna visit a PT.
I believe its actually the converse causality. I can tell we have been diving into the same rabbit hole.

TMJ causes the pelvic tilt IMO

I believed the same thing as you roughly 2 weeks ago. I am now almost convinced that the pelvic tilt, head and shoulder tilt is caused by the TMJ. This is not solid evidence, but here is a teaser: https://www.divinesmiles.com/blog/tmj-disorders-can-change-your-facial-appearance/

I think fixing the TMJ long term with a mouth guard and a short term solution like masseter botox might be more appropriate.

• +1
Reactions: cabbage
As you can see from rhis pic it's not so much that my jaw is bigger on one side but that my face itself is tilted to the left (same with shoulders and clavicles) View attachment 2025296
Your right masseter is definitely hypetrophied and larger than your left masseter. Try flipping the picture to confirm (in case you havent)

In fact your chin is slightly rotated (most likely face tilt, but could be bone) we have litearlly the same issue on the same side of the face as well. I will be consulting this month for solutions with doctors, I will let you know (remind me) what worked. Keep me updated if you have good results.

The PT might be a good solution to add on top of the mouth guard and masseter botox for faster/better results.

Last edited:
i have the same problem my right side looks so underdeveloped compared to my left side

i have the same problem my right side looks so underdeveloped compared to my left side
I think the symmetry boost you get from masseter botox makes up for the demasculinization caused by having a slimmer jaw. You can always build the muscles back more evenly later on when the botox wears out.

Your right masseter is definitely hypetrophied and larger than your left masseter. Try flipping the picture to confirm (in case you havent)
Yeah I know it is but that is an easily solvable problem that I'm currently working on, way more worried about the head tilt since I can literally feel the jaw bone is much more prominent on one side.

I remember reading about this a few weeks ago, your probably right. I'm getting Invisalign for my crowded teeth, do you think that could help? I brought up tmj with my Ortho and she says a lot of times braces treatment solves the issue. Google seems to say it can happen as well.
I will let you know (remind me) what worked. Keep me updated if you have good results.
Sounds good man

• +1
Reactions: laughingchadlurker
think the symmetry boost you get from masseter botox
Also curious why your not just hypertrophying the weaker masseter instead of atrophying the bigger one, aren't big masseters good for jaw width?

• +1
Yeah I know I'm getting Invisalign for my crowded teeth, do you think that could help?
Yeah invisilign should help.

If your ortho knows you have TMJ the invisilign i think should be designed such that it stops you from clenching your teeth at night which causes hypetrophy.

Also curious why your not just hypertrophying the weaker masseter instead of atrophying the bigger one, aren't big masseters good for jaw width?
I believe an overworked masseter looks unnatural and throws off the balance of the face

masseter-jaw-botox.jpg

In my opinion, the jaw on top looks better. An overworked jaw muscle, much like any muscle, should serve to fraud bone structure. Once it becomes clear that it is muscle (not frauded bone structure), you just look like a clown. That's why many steroid body builders look fucking ridiculous. I believe your muscle is so huge it looks unnatural. I would much rather lose both muscles and build them back up symmetrically to a more pleasing volume.

Honestly, I'm still not 100% sure whether I'll do the botox or just work the other muscle hard, my left (smaller masseter) side profile looks better than my right, according to both me and my blackpilled friends...

Last edited:
@laughingchadlurker do you think my asymmetry can be corrected just by evening out my masseters, here's another selfie I just took. In this one it kinda seems like my only problem is uneven masseters but at this point it's really hard to tell considering how long I've been obsessing over this.

Attachments

• PXL_20230103_222856649.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230103_222856649.MP.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
@laughingchadlurker do you think my asymmetry can be corrected just by evening out my masseters, here's another selfie I just took. In this one it kinda seems like my only problem is uneven masseters but at this point it's really hard to tell considering how long I've been obsessing over this.
No, I think long term you need both the botox and the TMJ treatment (invisalign).

No, I think long term you need both the botox and the TMJ treatment (invisalign).
Yeah I'm still doing Invisalign either way to fix my crowded teeth, although after spending more time researching it I'm not sure how effective it is at correcting tmj. Don't think I'm gonna do Botox though, I definitely prefer the larger masseter muscle, just want my weaker one to catch up.

Yeah I'm still doing Invisalign either way to fix my crowded teeth, although after spending more time researching it I'm not sure how effective it is at correcting tmj. Don't think I'm gonna do Botox though, I definitely prefer the larger masseter muscle, just want my weaker one to catch up.
Your muscle got that big by clenching all night, unless you work your other muscle to the moon I don't think it will catch up. That's why I am considering botox.

Your muscle got that big by clenching all night
I think it was just from only chewing with one side for a few years, I used to be a mouth breather before I learned about mewing ao clenching has never been a big issue for me.

I think it was just from only chewing with one side for a few years, I used to be a mouth breather before I learned about mewing ao clenching has never been a big issue for me.
I doubt it, but possible. I also thought I wasn't clenching btw, but some days (occasionally ~3-4 times a month) I wake up with pain in my mouth and it became apparent that I was coping.

I believe an overworked masseter looks unnatural and throws off the balance of the face

masseter-jaw-botox.jpg

In my opinion, the jaw on top looks better. An overworked jaw muscle, much like any muscle, should serve to fraud bone structure. Once it becomes clear that it is muscle (not frauded bone structure), you just look like a clown. That's why many steroid body builders look fucking ridiculous. I believe your muscle is so huge it looks unnatural. I would much rather lose both muscles and build them back up symmetrically to a more pleasing volume.

Honestly, I'm still not 100% sure whether I'll do the botox or just work the other muscle hard, my left (smaller masseter) side profile looks better than my right, according to both me and my blackpilled friends...
I think the bottom jaw looks much better. More masculine

• Hmm...
doubt it, but possible. I also
Is there any reason you think it has to be clenching? I always slept with my mouth open and only chewed with one side of my mouth from 15-18 years old because I had a cavity on the other side. Before this though my jaw was completely symmetrical. Here's a pic from right before I started only chewing on one side.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230103-174639.png
    Screenshot_20230103-174639.png
    679.1 KB · Views: 0
occasionally ~3-4 times a month)
I also never have pain in my jaw, only reason I was able to figure out I have tmj is because I have a small click the stronger jaw joint if I open it all the way.

ALF Appliance.

Tried doing a symmetry test on my strong vs weak side and bigger masseters mog so hard. Difference is legit 2+psl (ignore the neck it got fucked up)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230103-175800.png
    Screenshot_20230103-175800.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230103-175816.png
    Screenshot_20230103-175816.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Is there any reason you think it has to be clenching? I always slept with my mouth open and only chewed with one side of my mouth from 15-18 years old because I had a cavity on the other side. Before this though my jaw was completely symmetrical. Here's a pic from right before I started only chewing on one side.
I have the same thing, chewing gum since I was a kid on my right side unaware of conseq . Get Botox in the side that is bigger and see where you stand after the muscle goes down on that side bro..

Get Botox in the side that is bigger an
Dude did you see my post above, why would I get Botox when I look so much better with bigger masseters? I might as well just chew a shit ton with my weaker side to even them out.

Dude did you see my post above, why would I get Botox when I look so much better with bigger masseters? I might as well just chew a shit ton with my weaker side to even them out.
Because they are uneven ! that looks worse .. I guess you can try that to but who knows how long that would take .

knows how long that would take .
Yeah I'm hoping it will take less then a year considering I'm chewing considerably more hard food + gum then I ever have before, plus I'm also about to start mk677 which will spike my gh levels through the roof.

I'd argue you are chewing on one side because it is hypertrophied and therefore easier to chew with that masseter. Once again a converse causality.

No particular reason, I just think it's very difficult to subconsciously chew on one side so much that it hypertrophies to that level. I think clenching is much more likely.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19766
Is a PT the best professional to see to fix posture? I have the exact same problem you do which I believe was caused by a stronger tongue tie on right side compared to left, it even gives me functional scoliosis. I had it removed recently though which leads me to my next question
What about a myofunctional therapist? I hear they mostly focus on face/jaw but also posture as well, although most people visit them due to tongue thrust I hear some mewers go to it after tongue tie removal to help them perfect it all.

Is a PT the best professional to see to fix p
I think a PT for pelvic tilt and a dentist/Ortho for TMJ if you think you might have it would be ideal

• +1
I think a PT for pelvic tilt and a dentist/Ortho for TMJ if you think you might have it would be ideal
I ain't trusting no dentist or Ortho nigga those niggas be fucking our faces up

• +1
Reactions: catmeowed and laughingchadlurker
ain't trusting no dentist or Ortho nigga those niggas be fucking our faces up
The main thing orthos fuck up is when they remove teeth which fucks up the jaw. Usually their solutions to tmj are things like custom splints which are non invasive and can actually help.

• Hmm...
The main thing orthos fuck up is when they remove teeth which fucks up the jaw. Usually their solutions to tmj are things like custom splints which are non invasive and can actually help.
The thing is I'm pretty sure shit they do like give you a retainer and elastics can actually give you TMJ

The thing is I'm pretty sure shit they do like give you a retainer and elastics can actually give you TMJ
they might give a mouth guard but idt you would be forced to wear a retainer or elastics. At the end of the day it's your choice tho. Maybe just start with a PT, they might be able to solve it without a dentist

• +1
they might give a mouth guard but idt you would be forced to wear a retainer or elastics. At the end of the day it's your choice tho. Maybe just start with a PT, they might be able to solve it without a dentist
I'm just saying that in general I think it's mostly ortho shit that gives people TMJ in the first place

• +1
symmetry is not attractive, looks uncanny and fake. Harmonic asymmetrical face > harmonic symmetrical face.

symmetry is not attractive, looks uncanny and fake. Harmonic asymmetrical face > harmonic symmetrical face.
sorry to take your cope away but asymmetry when mild can be attractive, not TMJ level asymmetry

• +1
damn you need to get rid of your glasses either through laser eye surgery or contact lenses (contacts can cause conrea thinning)

try to do chin tucks also
you will notice that when you stand really straight, your neck will go on go on one side lmao

damn you need to get rid of your glasses eit
Already have contacts, was just wearing glasses bc it was late at night and my contacts were out. Also getting lasik sometime next year most likely.

• +1
Reactions: Giant Haystacks
I've had the exact same problem as you minus the lateral pelvic tilt. About 2 years ago I decided to start clenching on the side that was more "melted" and it's only made it worse. I thought clenching was gonna raise that side and shorten it but it all it did was lengthen my ramus lmao

I believe its actually the converse causality. I can tell we have been diving into the same rabbit hole.

I believed the same thing as you roughly 2 weeks ago. I am now almost convinced that the pelvic tilt, head and shoulder tilt is caused by the TMJ. This is not solid evidence, but here is a teaser: https://www.divinesmiles.com/blog/tmj-disorders-can-change-your-facial-appearance/

I think fixing the TMJ long term with a mouth guard and a short term solution like masseter botox might be more appropriate.

what are your thoughts on TMJ that doesn't cause pain but only clicking? Is it serious enough to cause asymmetry?

Also how would you suppose Invisilign helps TMJ?

Had the same problem, i believe you need bimax to fix your tilted jaws and bite.

Notice how my jaws were leaning to one side before.

Fixing that is certainly the first step, then you can have a wraparoung implant to even the two sides or even fillers could do it

Attachments

• 20221115_173501.jpg
    20221115_173501.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 0
what are your thoughts on TMJ that doesn't cause pain but only clicking? Is it serious enough to cause asymmetry?

Also how would you suppose Invisilign helps TMJ?
it only gets worse mate