How do I stop my jaw from growing forward?

thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre
I have a recessed maxilla. Over the last few years, my maxilla has not moved forward, like at all. However, my jaw is still growing, which (1) worsens my underbite and (2) makes my maxilla look more recessed.

Here's how I looked 1 year ago:

1613100979635 Photo on 10 7 19 at 1059 PM Photo on 12 11 19 at 1216 AM Photo on 1 4 20 at 517 PM

And here's how I look now:

Photo on 2 11 21 at 936 PM Photo on 11 19 20 at 915 PM Photo on 12 12 20 at 1229 PM

It looks like my maxilla got more retruded, but that's because my jaw has grown forward a little.

I've accepted the fact that my maxilla has completed its course of growth. No matter how hard I mew, it's not gonna go anywhere. To stop my face from looking even worse, the only option is to halt mandibular growth.

I know there're lots of people who think I'm retarded for wanting a shorter mandible.

A smaller mandible can often times be better for aesthetics because maxillary projection is largely perceived relative to the mandible.

With a shortish mandible, his midface looks very aesthetic because of how far it projects in front of the lower face.

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Wallenberg, N1c, yukon-cel and 2 others
nah m8 just robert pattinson max

• JFL
Reactions: thecel
Mse + face mask bro :feelsuhh::feelsuhh::feelsuhh:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: randomvanish, Deleted member 6695, Kmscurry and 2 others
I thought the maxilla followed the mandible? isn't that what mewing copers have been saying?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Blackgymmax and thecel
mouthbreathe

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4887 and thecel
Mse + face mask bro :feelsuhh::feelsuhh::feelsuhh:
facemask is a cope for most people many surgeons and orthodontists have already said it. Best way to advance the maxilla forward is surgery in adulthood

• +1
I thought the maxilla followed the mandible? isn't that what mewing copers have been saying?
I don't think it follows anymore once your maxilla has finished growing

facemask is a cope for most people many surgeons and orthodontists have already said it. Best way to advance the maxilla forward is surgery in adulthood
It’s legit but you get max 3mm :lul:. Anyone with moderate to severe underbite need jaw surgery

• +1
How bad is your underbite because your top lip and bottom lip meet evenly instead of the lower lip protruding forward over top lip which is what many people with underbites usually have (myself included)

• +1
Reactions: Ritalincell and thecel
It’s legit but you get max 3mm :lul:. Anyone with moderate to severe underbite need jaw surgery
Show me a photo or a surgeon saying it will make any large difference cause i have yet to find one for people in adult hood

• +1
Show me a photo or a surgeon saying it will make any large difference cause i have yet to find one for people in adult hood
Bruh I said 3mm. Does that sound like a large difference to you?

• Hmm...
tbh i see where ur coming front but you don't really want your mandibleto recess, instead you wantur maxilla to grow forward. you with a recessed mandible would look even worse.
i dont wanna say get a lefort cuz thats a brutal advice to give but this seems like the only option.

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, Deleted member 756, WadlowMaxxing and 1 other person
tbh i see where ur coming front but you don't really want your mandibleto recess, instead you wantur maxilla to grow forward. you with a recessed mandible would look even worse.
i dont wanna say get a lefort cuz thats a brutal advice to give but this seems like the only option.
also kid u look better now your chin has grown, i think u have bdd lol

• Hmm...
Probably won't go out much further, if any.

• +1
Depends I think the only way the mandible will change is if the maxilla grows forwards and upwards allowing the mandible to raise lowering the gonial angle

it's all relatable to occlusion, not as simple as maxilla rotates, mandible follows, many times that may not happen

you can have shit-tier maxillary projection with a fw grown jaw as long as the upper incisors compensate for the difference by proclining forward (common in Asians anyway, their maxillary projection is comparatively lacking).

Similarly, as is the case in Class 2 division 1 skeletal malocclusion, good maxilla, mandible retrognathic, but lower incisors procline forward to meet the upper ones.

• +1
@thecel

why not encourage ur jaw to grow forward - then after bimax u will have maximum projection in both mandible and maxilla

• +1

How do I stop my jaw from growing forward?​

Bubblechad 1

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: materialistic, Deleted member 7044, efidescontinuado and 4 others
i think if you have a severe underbite you can get surgery for free/lesser cost

• +1
Reactions: thecel and homo_faber
Chin tucks are your salvation, for real.

• +1
just fix your maxilla bro your asain your prolly rich

• JFL
consider zygos implants

• +1
Reverse hard-mew
Sleep on ur mandible
Reverse Jut

• JFL
Reactions: itorroella9 and thecel
I have a recessed maxilla. Over the last few years, my maxilla has not moved forward, like at all. However, my jaw is still growing, which (1) worsens my underbite and (2) makes my maxilla look more recessed.

View attachment 981388View attachment 981402View attachment 981403View attachment 981415

View attachment 981392View attachment 981405View attachment 981417

It looks like my maxilla got more retruded, but that's because my jaw has grown forward a little.

I've accepted the fact that my maxilla has completed its course of growth. No matter how hard I mew, it's not gonna go anywhere. To stop my face from looking even worse, the only option is to halt mandibular growth.

I know there're lots of people who think I'm retarded for wanting a shorter mandible.

A smaller mandible can often times be better for aesthetics because maxillary projection is largely perceived relative to the mandible.

View attachment 981425

With a shortish mandible, his midface looks very aesthetic because of how far it projects in front of the lower face.
just develop hard bruxism and hard mew 6 hours a day and your maxilla will expand 1 cm a month theory

• JFL
If it was fully true there will be no underbite or overbite just forward grown or recessed

• +1
Reactions: Uglyandfat and thecel
chin implant and bonesmash browridge/nasal bone, shorter mandible wont look good on asian guy imo

Attachments

• Photo on 11-19-20 at 9.15 PM.jpg
    Photo on 11-19-20 at 9.15 PM.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 194
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: materialistic, Deleted member 23554, onfiresems and 1 other person
Get braces

• +1
Do your bite align like your lower teeth are tipped inwards to compensate for a resced maxilla or do you have a real underbite like your lower teeth are infront of your upper?

• +1
fool, train your neck and get a decent haircut

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Essonerian and thecel
Do your bite align like your lower teeth are tipped inwards to compensate for a resced maxilla or do you have a real underbite like your lower teeth are infront of your upper?
My lower and upper incisors touch tip-to-tip (which is bad; upper should be in front of lower), but the lower ones are tipped inwards and crowded. I think it’s because I was trying to maintain occlusion, without mewing, while my underbite was forming.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: N1c
My lower and upper incisors touch tip-to-tip, but the lower ones are tipped inwards and crowded cus I was trying to maintain occlusion while my underbite was forming.
You seem to have a similar case to mine altough my upper incisors are just infront of my lower ones. You will have to not clench but keep your teeth together so your maxilla adapts to your jaw growth

• +1
You seem to have a similar case to mine altough my upper incisors are just infront of my lower ones. You will have to not clench but keep your teeth together so your maxilla adapts to your jaw growth

Should I keep my teeth together in an underbite position?

• +1
Should I keep my teeth together in an underbite position?
Hm i dont know but i think it would be best if you have it in a "normal" position. Just dont have it in a position where the lower incisors are infront of the upper ones

• +1
Hm i dont know but i think it would be best if you have it in a "normal" position. Just dont have it in a position where the lower incisors are infront of the upper ones

My “normal” jaw posture is the upper and lower teeth touching tip-to-tip. My molars cannot be in contact in this position.

• +1
My “normal” jaw posture is the upper and lower teeth touching tip-to-tip. My molars cannot be in contact in this position.
You need to have your molars in contact. So have a position where your molars are in contact if you can

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10913

View attachment 981388View attachment 981402View attachment 981403View attachment 981415

View attachment 981392View attachment 981405View attachment 981417

View attachment 981425

how do u look now? what u did? did you ascend? i saw u in thumbnail of kidology vid