How do you guys deal with procrastination?

BootySniffer69

BootySniffer69

Bronze
I've been so tired recently man I don't want to do anything, but I got so much shit to do.

I feel like such a piece of shit after not doing anything too.

Usually i'm pretty good at keeping up with my stuff but i'm just in a slump I geuss.

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker, bloomercel and 케이제이
Easy. Eliminate all responsibilities

• +1
Reactions: WeiWei, LooksThinker, High Cortisol Chad and 3 others
I procrastinate all the time, I only get motivation when the matter is urgent

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker, fuxkdakikez and BootySniffer69
I cram everything last min

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker, High Cortisol Chad, TechnoBoss and 2 others
I procrastinate all the time, I only get motivation when the matter is urgent
same but it's so stressful.

I don't think I can keep doing this. I had a midterm on friday and didn't start study until thursday I literally pulled an alnighter on thursday and didn't sleep until 3am on friday and I had to wake up at 7am for my morning shift.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LooksThinker, PickleTheSlayer, Azr616 and 1 other person
I cram everything last min

I don't think I can keep doing this. I had a midterm on friday and didn't start study until thursday I literally pulled an alnighter on thursday and didn't sleep until 3am on friday and I had to wake up at 7am for my morning shift.

• +1
Reactions: try2beme
procrastination is natural

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker
If you do it now you can chill after with minimal worried

Are u in Uni?

Right well that’s the thing. If you were to quantify the stress in units, procrastination doesn’t take away any of those units of stress that you endure. Instead of a hypothetical 100 units of stress being distributed throughout 14 days of studying, you are relaxed and experience 0 of those units until you feel all 100 units all at once in the very last day. Can’t escape it.

Procrastination is horrible

• +1
Reactions: BootySniffer69 and Pikabro

I'm like this but worse bro I didn't start studying for my midterm until l was reviewing on the train ride to the test

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker, BootySniffer69 and Pikabro
i have found motivation to be useless, you do something best if you love it. the answer is love

• +1
Reactions: BootySniffer69
Easy. Eliminate all responsibilities
This is the best known method. You guys just have too many responsibilities Uni, kids, cars, pets, girlfriends, jobs...

Trying to be too successful will crush you. I have no responsibilities except my part time job.

• JFL
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
i have found motivation to be useless, you do something best if you love it. the answer is love

• +1
Reactions: Muad'Dib
i still haven’t watched the second movie, i started reading the book like a year ago and dropped it lol
I read the book almost 3 years ago.

I saw the second movie on wednesday in IMAX. it was pretty good.

• +1
Reactions: Muad'Dib
I read the book almost 3 years ago.

I saw the second movie on wednesday in IMAX. it was pretty good.
i am waiting for it to drop on digital, nearest cinema is 45 minutes away lol

By procrastinating more neeguh fk meeting deadlines n shut

Eat naturally.

I've been so tired recently man I don't want to do anything, but I got so much shit to do.

I feel like such a piece of shit after not doing anything too.

Usually i'm pretty good at keeping up with my stuff but i'm just in a slump I geuss.
Wait till last minute then make AI do it for me if it’s computer shit or just do it when someone reminds me

Fuck that shit

• +1
Reactions: i_love_roosters
I've been through some seriously stressful times where procrastination almost fucked my life cause I had a big problem with it. The last and worst one was my final Master's exam, whose failure meant failing the whole Master (I had gone through all my allowed re-tries), so thousands of euros and three years of my life gone for nothing, and I probably would have ended up homeless and with a DOA career. My life would have been over basically. The night before and the morning of the exam were pure torture, worst I've ever felt in my life, deep dark mixture of stress and depression+sleep deprivation. I had studied hard but still felt like I'd left it too late, like, I studied for a week when I should have studied for 3. I wasn't confident going in and during, and after the exam I wasn't sure if I'd passed. And to make it worse I had to wait two weeks for the grade and it was hell, most stress I've ever felt, only time in my life I've sincerely prayed other than when my father was in the hospital. When I got the result and passed I promised that I would never do that to myself again. The memory of that stress, and that my life was almost ruined because of procrastination, prevents me from doing it again, I never wanna go through that again. It's just no worth it, it will bite you in the ass eventually.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: PickleTheSlayer and BootySniffer69
Another thing that helps me is the age pill, i.e. being aware that you have a limited window of time before it's too late to fulfill your ambitions, whether it's career-related, socialmaxxing, gymmaxxing, becoming slayer, having an NT bro trip to Magaluf, whatever, and it's smaller than you think. Past a certain age literally every day wasted counts.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: PickleTheSlayer and BootySniffer69
Another thing that helps me is the age pill, i.e. being aware that you have a limited window of time before it's too late to fulfill your ambitions, and it's smaller than you think. Past a certain age literally every day wasted counts.
yeah i'm 18 right now, and I do feel like like i'm wasting time.

I need to lock in bro.

yeah i'm 18 right now, and I do feel like like i'm wasting time.

I need to lock in bro.
you have about 4 years, clock's ticking and everyday counts. Use that urgency to lock in. You don't wanna be 22 with no career prospects or a good friend group, things get very hard after that.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: BootySniffer69