How does Bimaxillary protrusions effects on the face?

Lebron_James

Lebron_James

JorBUM cant get 40k
I'm aware of it causing a longer philtrum, recessed chin and lips not meeting but since it is bascially a maxilla deformity does it also effect things like my orbitals? and does it make my nose wider or larger in any way because of the fucked up maxilla?

I'm asking because my dad has a thinner sharper nose than mine and has protrusion (I think I got it from him) but it is no where near as severe since I exacerbated by with tounge pushing when I was young

• +1
Reactions: NorwoodAscender, Skry and ElTruecel
affects the nose a bit yea

• +1
Reactions: NorwoodAscender, Clavicular and Lebron_James
affects the nose a bit yea
lifefuel, hopefully after I get it fixed my nose will get a bit thinner. the width his such a failo and is especially bad when I'm bloated or taking snaps

• +1
Reactions: NorwoodAscender and ElTruecel
lifefuel, hopefully after I get it fixed my nose will get a bit thinner. the width his such a failo and is especially bad when I'm bloated or taking snaps
How can you fix it? I thought its pretty much unfixable

• +1
Reactions: NorwoodAscender
How can you fix it? I thought its pretty much unfixable
surgery mane, extractions and then braces to bring the teeth back

• +1
Reactions: NorwoodAscender and Skry
I'm aware of it causing a longer philtrum, recessed chin and lips
usually causes overly protruded lips

• +1
Reactions: NorwoodAscender, murdah and Lebron_James
surgery mane, extractions and then braces to bring the teeth back
But like
Removing teeth fucks your maxilla too no?
And what you were saying before, I also have this problem, my orbitals and cheekbones and maxilla are also weird and deformed together with the protrusion, so simply fixing the teeth wont solve everything.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: NorwoodAscender, Lebron_James and murdah
Y
But like
Removing teeth fucks your maxilla too no?
And what you were saying before, I also have this problem, my orbitals and cheekbones and maxilla are also weird and deformed together with the protrusion, so simply fixing the teeth wont solve everything.
eah I’ll most likely get extractions and then bimax plus genio

But of a pipe dream tho

• +1
Reactions: NorwoodAscender and Skry
Y

eah I’ll most likely get extractions and then bimax plus genio

But of a pipe dream tho
Nice
For me my upper maxilla is was more recessed than lower so bimax would just look weird to advance lefort 1 (lf2 just too unrealistic), im just getting extractions on lower then getting bsso and genio

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: NorwoodAscender and Lebron_James
Nice
For me my upper maxilla is was more recessed than lower so bimax would just look weird to advance lefort 1 (lf2 just too unrealistic), im just getting extractions on lower then getting bsso and genio
I’m not too knowledgeable about surgeries but I’m gonna research more

I’m 17 anyway so I’m not gonna get surgeries for a good 5-6 years anyway so plenty of time to decide

• +1
That’s maxillary prognathism. Bimaxillary prognathism happens to both jaws and also causes forward incisor tipping. Way more subhuman.
Ive got that lol over for me

Causes my lip to be upturned atleast

IMG 4516

My bite is destroyed

Kinda what u said but its a bad overbite, my incisors look way more fucked in other pics

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: NorwoodAscender and Lebron_James
I'm aware of it causing a longer philtrum, recessed chin and lips not meeting but since it is bascially a maxilla deformity does it also effect things like my orbitals? and does it make my nose wider or larger in any way because of the fucked up maxilla?

I'm asking because my dad has a thinner sharper nose than mine and has protrusion (I think I got it from him) but it is no where near as severe since I exacerbated by with tounge pushing when I was young
are you black

• +1
Ive got that lol over for me

Causes my lip to be upturned atleast

View attachment 2863352

My bite is destroyed

Kinda what u said but its a bad overbite, my incisors look way more fucked in other pics
Your teeth aren’t tipping forward. Your alveolar bone is though which is just a normal and aesthetic feminine trait. The teeth have the same shape and curvature as the alveolar bone surrounding it. Hence why it looks tipped out at the top of the tooth but at the bottom it’s vertical. You’re fine.

Your mandible is recessed though which is surprising.

• +1
Your teeth aren’t tipping forward. Your alveolar bone is though which is just a normal and aesthetic feminine trait. The teeth have the same shape and curvature as the alveolar bone surrounding it. Hence why it looks tipped out at the top of the tooth but at the bottom it’s vertical. You’re fine.

The incisors are a bit tilted but not huge

Yea mandible is recessed but not going to bimax or trimax

My alveolars improved from doing PDOs to create volume there

• +1
Reactions: NorwoodAscender and Allornothing
That’s maxillary prognathism. Bimaxillary prognathism happens to both jaws and also causes forward incisor tipping. Way more subhuman.
You mean bimax protrusion? I haven’t seen the term prognathism before

• +1
You mean bimax protrusion? I haven’t seen the term prognathism before
Yeah. Prognathism is just protrusion without teeth tipping.

• +1
Reactions: NorwoodAscender and Sodoku

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-16-18-45-39-892_com.whatsapp.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-16-18-45-39-892_com.whatsapp.jpg
    424.2 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
a bit of donward growth is healthy or i should get CCW Rotation?
Your maxilla actually has no downgrowth at all which is rare so CCW won't help. I'm saying your mandible alone is downgrown. Causes an antegonial notch and taller chin. It's really minor so it's not worth fixing.

Your maxilla actually has no downgrowth at all which is rare so CCW won't help. I'm saying your mandible alone is downgrown. Causes an antegonial notch and taller chin. It's really minor so it's not worth fixing.
Maybe that's why my chin is 3.5 cm tall, and my philtrum 1.4 cm tall. My gonial angle is also 122° and i have an antegonial notch, do you think genio is worth? i don't think that my chin has enough projection
thank you very much

Maybe that's why my chin is 3.5 cm tall, and my philtrum 1.4 cm tall. My gonial angle is also 122° and i have an antegonial notch, do you think genio is worth? i don't think that my chin has enough projection
thank you very much
The thing is, both your gonions are angular (good and aesthetic), and your mandible is downgrown, both of which cause an antegonial notch (at different locations along the mandible), and may affect your perception of your antegonial notch. All that matters is that it looks good. Just be aware.

However, since your gonial angle actually does seem a bit high, and your chin is too tall, your downgrown mandible might be a problem and may be worth fixing. Since CCW would be a bad idea and wouldn't help, maybe a chin wing could reduce the high gonial angle caused by the downgrowth, and a genioplasty could reduce the chin height.

Last edited:
  • Love it
Reactions: caiolindo
The thing is, both your gonions are angular (good and aesthetic), and your mandible is downgrown, both of which cause an antegonial notch (at different locations along the mandible), and may affect your perception of your antegonial notch. All that matters is that it looks good. Just be aware.

However, since your gonial angle actually does seem a bit high, and your chin is too tall, your downgrown mandible might be a problem and may be worth fixing. Since CCW would be a bad idea and wouldn't help, maybe a chin wing could reduce the high gonial angle caused by the downgrowth, and a genioplasty could reduce the chin height.
The best advice that i have ever had here

my chin harmonizes well with my face, but i think the wing is worth, also my face would look worse with a shorter chin, because my face is already on the shorter side, i'm sure i would benefit more from a more projected chin

my chin harmonizes well with my face, but i think the wing is worth, also my face would look worse with a shorter chin, because my face is already on the shorter side, i'm sure i would benefit more from a more projected chin
my ramus is 63,12 mm tall, my mandible is 113,29mm tall and my maxila is 56,93mm tall.
Is my ramus too short for my mandible?

Is my ramus too short for my mandible?
Yes since that's what causes an antegonial notch. When the gonion sits too high, such that the mandibular body going from gonion to chin would intersect with the teeth roots and the alveolar bone, the chin and the jaw swings down massively to bypass the teeth (otherwise your jaw wouldn't even be able to form). A chin wing could theoretically give you the ramus depth you need. The more ramus length you add, the lower your gonial angle will be.

Ideal gonial angle is 115 degrees I'd say.

• +1
Reactions: caiolindo

you are my sunshine

• JFL
Reactions: Lebron_James
What are your thoughts on bimax - are they overrated? And in what cases would jaw implants would used over BSSO