How does hairstyling come into play for black men?

FrothySolutions

FrothySolutions

There's no gym for my squandered youth.
Fine hair and textured hair can't be styled the same way. So what are the equivalents in each camp? There are certain "ideal" hairstyles for fine hair, certain hairstyles used to evoke certain vibes to a man. Can you evoke those same vibes if you have textured hair?

Or maybe you can't. Maybe if you have textured hair, the hair arena isn't your arena. You have different strengths to focus on. I don't know. I don't have hair and I'm not black. But I've wondered about this.

dread or death

best options imo
dreads, freeforms, braids, twists, or a low cut if it fits ur face

Fine hair and textured hair can't be styled the same way. So what are the equivalents in each camp? There are certain "ideal" hairstyles for fine hair, certain hairstyles used to evoke certain vibes to a man. Can you evoke those same vibes if you have textured hair?

Or maybe you can't. Maybe if you have textured hair, the hair arena isn't your arena. You have different strengths to focus on. I don't know. I don't have hair and I'm not black. But I've wondered about this.
Shave it off my negro, women love it

Last edited:
The curlier the better ngl. Go for a fade with long curly hair on top. Non curly Afro hair looks like shit.

So waves are not ideal?