How important is back thickness vs Back Width ? (Gymcelling thread)

Bonesbonesbonesbone

Bonesbonesbonesbone

T-1000 Frame Mogger
Theres two parts to your back when it comes to asethetics, back thickness and width. Width is mainly from your lats and the thickness comes from the middle, upper and lower portions of your back which only slightly grow laterally but mostly in thickness imagine as if you had a lump on your back.

when it comes to getting hoes, does back thickness matter much with a shirt on or off ? @Orc

IMG 1658

• +1
Reactions: hattrick and Shkreliii
I dont know cause my bo @Manletmachine has my back

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Manletmachine, Shkreliii and Mr. President
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Manletmachine and Shkreliii
Width is all bideltoid. Once again genetics is law.

• +1
Reactions: hattrick, Skywalker, whiteislandpill and 3 others
it's the same thing, the only reason it looks different from person to person is because some people have high lat insertions and others have low insertions.

• +1
Reactions: proxyy, Ryldoo IS COPING, Mio and 4 others
it's the same thing, the only reason it looks different from person to person is because some people have high lat insertions and others have low insertions.
I guess some may call upperback like rhomboids "thickness" (which barely contribute to the V) but otherwise you're right.

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii
Oh, but your middle and lower traps, rhomboids, and tera major dont rlly matter much right ? Im pretty sure the only muscles that matter if ur looking to attract girls are lats, rear delts and partially your rhomboids.

• +1
I guess some may call upperback like rhomboids "thickness" (which barely contribute to the V) but otherwise you're right.
So the only muscles that really matter in your back for female appeal is lats and rear delts ?

• +1
the lats are a singular muscle group, so isolating specific parts of it is kind of cope.

Oh, but your middle and lower traps, rhomboids, and tera major dont rlly matter much right ? Im pretty sure the only muscles that matter if ur looking to attract girls are lats, rear delts and partially your rhomboids.
you pretty much can't train your lats without these muscles being involved, there's literally no need to isolate them.

• +1
Reactions: Ryldoo IS COPING, Mio, Shkreliii and 2 others
So the only muscles that really matter in your back for female appeal is lats and rear delts ?
Everything matters, but width is most important, girls like back definition in the rhomboid area also when u have shirt off.

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and Bonesbonesbonesbone
the lats are a singular muscle group, so isolating specific parts of it is kind of cope.

you pretty much can't train your lats without these muscles being involved, there's literally no need to isolate them.
Doesn't mean they are sufficiently stimulated with just lat work. Ofcourse if u train 20 sets it will prolly be fine.

• +1

Ok so heres what my pull day will look like and i want you to rate it and see if i can fix or improve any

1. Barbell Rows

2. Seated Cable Rows

3. Lat Pulldowns

4. Face Pulls

5. Bicep Curls

6. Hammer Curls

• +1
Everything matters, but width is most important, girls like back definition in the rhomboid area also when u have shirt off.
I might stop doing flat bench, and just do all incline bench now. What do you think ?

• +1
Neither one matters

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and datboijj
Ok so heres what my pull day will look like and i want you to rate it and see if i can fix or improve any

1. Barbell Rows

2. Seated Cable Rows

3. Lat Pulldowns

4. Face Pulls

5. Bicep Curls

6. Hammer Curls
Probs good if ur beginner, but if performed well u dont need 2. (Doing excess work as beginner is prob smart cuz ur not gettng most out of ur sets so u can guarantee adequate volume by just doing more work and ensure growth (my view)

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and Bonesbonesbonesbone
Probs good if ur beginner, but if performed well u dont need 2. (Doing excess work as beginner is prob smart cuz ur not gettng most out of ur sets so u can guarantee adequate volume by just doing more work and ensure growth (my view)
more volume isn't more gains.

It is if ur not sufficiently stimulating a muscle

With is law, you want a V shape with wide shoulders and back and a narrow waiste. Thickness in your upper back is only attractive to 30 year old roidheads

• +1
Reactions: Bonesbonesbonesbone
Its nothing to care about. If you do both horizontal and vertical pulls your whole upper back will grow anyway

• +1
Reactions: Mr. President
Theres two parts to your back when it comes to asethetics, back thickness and width. Width is mainly from your lats and the thickness comes from the middle, upper and lower portions of your back which only slightly grow laterally but mostly in thickness imagine as if you had a lump on your back.

when it comes to getting hoes, does back thickness matter much with a shirt on or off ? @Orc

View attachment 2634295
Thickness - Less important for aesthetics but more masculine, makes you seem like a gorilla.

Width - More important for aesthetics as it makes up the back
Both are important and should be focused simultaneously as you can’t have a complete back with those, also the traps

width is everything and waist to shoulders IS everything imo
you wouldnt believe how someone close to 2:1 with that wasp waist look IRL unless you see it- its super rare and trully a work of art

then.,....if you see "gymcellers" yet they have a 1:1 ratio they look weird and ugly lol

• +1
Reactions: Mr. President
width is everything and waist to shoulders IS everything imo
you wouldnt believe how someone close to 2:1 with that wasp waist look IRL unless you see it- its super rare and trully a work of art

then.,....if you see "gymcellers" yet they have a 1:1 ratio they look weird and ugly lol
a small waist with broad shoulder is a huge halo, no one can tell me otherwise

• +1
Reactions: Skywalker