how long for swelling to go down after infraorbital-malar implants

S

shitxposter

Iron
title

• +1
Reactions: depressionmaxxing
Can't tell if the design was bad or if my face is just too swollen and making everything look too big

I was told 2~ months minimum to make a judgement (by people who got it)
that makes sense but im sure you can have an indication earlier

Yea probably

Do u wanna elaborate on your case

What do your designs look like, what did you hope to accomplish, how did it go
My main goals was asymmetry correction and to reduce eye bags/hollowings. I have pretty wide zygos to begin with so the design didn't go past onto the zygo arch and was alterered before surgery to reduce it further (in the attachment). The max projection was 3.5mm and 2mm on the implants to account for the assymetry.

Attachments

• 1704523241121.png
    1704523241121.png
    521.8 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: depressionmaxxing and ccwarrior
I also had a rhinoplasty done at the same time to straighten the nose bridge from the nose profile simultaneously, so that might add to swelling/bruising

• +1
Reactions: ccwarrior
the results from the side seem eh right now but the asymmetry seems a lot better. I'm concerned if the ogee curve is now too big and if the eyes from the front looks uncanny because of too much undereye projection

Last edited:

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ccwarrior

Last edited:

Last edited:
1 week is too early.
I also had infraorbital malar implants from Eppley.
Iirc, after about 3 ish weeks, 90% of the swelling will be gone.

I couldn't honestly tell until ~6 - 7 months.
2 months after even was substantially larger than later after swelling actually came down.

The face has been cut open and the healing is as if you bad an injury there, it does rake quite awhile

1 week is too early.
I also had infraorbital malar implants from Eppley.
Iirc, after about 3 ish weeks, 90% of the swelling will be gone.
yeah thats what i am realizing, just over 2 weeks out now and the swelling is still coming down, still notice that my cheeks are a bit full but nothing too noticeable and will hopefully come down over time

Apparently 3 weeks after it goes unnoticeable in most social situations although you will still be a bit swollen to your own perspective, about 3 months in most of the swelling is a lot less noticeable