Surgery swelling can looksmin you for a very long time

Octavian_Augustus

Octavian_Augustus

L'État, c'est moi
One thing that surprises people is the amount of time for swelling to go down.

Online people will tell you that most of the swelling is gone in 2-3 weeks but the truth is that after a month in a lot of cases for rhino, jaw surgery etc you are still very swollen and looksminned. The swelling takes months to a year (if not more than a year) to settle and you might not like the way you look for a very long time, which can be difficult to deal with psychologically.

Just bear this in mind as a lot of people under-estimate the duration of the swelling. You will more than likely look bad for months, not see the final result until 1 year, and in some cases, can have residual swelling for 2-3 years that can looksmin you slightly.

This person for instance had further refinement to the nose years after the 1 year post op mark for rhino.

• +1
Reactions: Pierrot, mvp2v1 and NoPainNoChick
surely there's ways to speed up the process

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
One thing that surprises people is the amount of time for swelling to go down.

Online people will tell you that most of the swelling is gone in 2-3 weeks but the truth is that after a month in a lot of cases for rhino, jaw surgery etc you are still very swollen and looksminned. The swelling takes months to a year (if not more than a year) to settle and you might not like the way you look for a very long time, which can be difficult to deal with psychologically.

Just bear this in mind as a lot of people under-estimate the duration of the swelling. You will more than likely look bad for months, not see the final result until 1 year, and in some cases, can have residual swelling for 2-3 years that can looksmin you slightly.

This person for instance had further refinement to the nose years after the 1 year post op mark for rhino.

View attachment 2839797
i noticed her nose tip dropped over time and the tip became thinner over time

• +1
Reactions: Octavian_Augustus
yeah, it takes way longer than you think.

also, in certain locations any amount of swelling is noticeable and makes you look weird. like they'll say 90% of swelling is gone by whatever week and you think "okay, then i'll look normal with 90% of swelling gone." no, you look abnormal even with 1% swelling, unless it like in your chin or something.

• +1
Reactions: Octavian_Augustus
yeah, it takes way longer than you think.

also, in certain locations any amount of swelling is noticeable and makes you look weird. like they'll say 90% of swelling is gone by whatever week and you think "okay, then i'll look normal with 90% of swelling gone." no, you look abnormal even with 1% swelling, unless it like in your chin or something.
Yes for example the naso-labial swelling due to LF1 is a very significant looksmin even if mild.

• +1
Reactions: BlackpilledPlatypus
surely there's ways to speed up the process
Diet + lymphatic massage + walking etc etc. to improve circulation and mitigate the swelling slightly but at the end of the day the body needs to inflame those areas to heal the tissues and bone so you'll have to deal with swelling for months and months no matter what.

Diet + lymphatic massage + walking etc etc. to improve circulation and mitigate the swelling slightly but at the end of the day the body needs to inflame those areas to heal the tissues and bone so you'll have to deal with swelling for months and months no matter what.
what about blasting roids for its anti inflammatory effects? surely someone has tried that after surgery jfl

Yes for example the naso-labial swelling due to LF1 is a very significant looksmin even if mild.
yeah, exactly my problem. just the tiniest bit of swelling in the area makes you look bizarre.

Can you get back to college, work and friends after 2-3 months after the surgery?

I did a bimax last december and I confirm, it takes time, and the swelling comes and goes for no reason.