How much does body posture contribute to facial development?

KrissKross

KrissKross

Roped
Can I hunchbackmaxx and still form right??

KrissKross

Forward head posture will destroy your face, It did to mine. Your missaligned spine starts pulling your maxilla backwards wich affects and elongates your face. Im fairly lucky to be atleast average looking considering how god damn recessed I am

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss, RationalBrody, FatmanO and 8 others
i mean do u see any chads walking around with their fucked chicken necks

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss, RationalBrody, The Dude Abides and 2 others
Forward head posture will destroy your face, It did to mine. Your missaligned spine starts pulling your maxilla backwards wich affects and elongates your face. Im fairly lucky to be atleast average looking considering how god damn recessed I am

And not a shred of evidence for that claim was ever put forward by HorseFace. The End.

• +1
  • JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: HighIQcel, FatmanO, Deleted member 1551 and 5 others
same

• +1
Reactions: Vitruvian
And not a shred of evidence for that claim was ever put forward by HorseFace. The End.
I read a study forward head posture in children causes malocclusion

Did you ask ?

@BendLowReachHigh can confirm
@Dude420 can confirm

You can find tons of people reporting the same browsing the net. The great work have tons of users reporting the same thing

But if thats not enough there is a staudy on this but I can't find it right now
https://tmdocclusion.com/home/total-body-health/body-posture/forward-head-posture/
This is kinda related tho

• +1
Reactions: Dude420
Did you ask ?

@Dude420 can confirm

You can find tons of people reporting the same browsing the net. The great work have tons of users reporting the same thing

https://tmdocclusion.com/home/total-body-health/body-posture/forward-head-posture/
Thanks bro, didn't mean to insult.
Please accept this hay as a token of reconciliation.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Bengt, Vitruvian and Stingray
I have scoliosis and facial asymmetry but idk if it's related

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel and Chigga
It's a chicken or egg problem. If you're recessed you won't be able to breathe unless you hold your neck forward.

Hugely I think, I had the worst posture ever growing up and it rotted me

Over

Last edited:
I don't think the effect is that significant. I sat in front of my laptop at least 7 hours every day from 12 to 16 years old. I had to look down and had a horrible posture but my maxilla is not that recessed, at least not in the lower part. I did however develop a poor under eye area and facial asymmetry.

• JFL
Reactions: forwardgrowth
Insanely important

• +1
Reactions: The Dude Abides
You could change you face in months with mewing and correct posture tbf, takes a shit ton of work tho 24/7

someone posted a study about the effects of posture and jaw growth or prominence or smth i forgot where it is though.

Did you ask ?

@Dude420 can confirm

I have scoliosis too since I was young I was sitting all the time, mght be why my maxxila is messed up too

I have scoliosis too since I was young I was sitting all the time, mght be why my maxxila is messed up too
LDARing for the long haul

No im preety sure Your face is forward grown. Altough scoliosis is the reason you have a lot of assymetry tho.

No im preety sure Your face is forward grown. Altough scoliosis is the reason you have a lot of assymetry tho.
Well I only have scoliosis by like a C shape. Its called (some doctors's name) disease but I forgot

Instead of like my back being at 80 degrees (not sure how to type that in english) its like 90, so its just minor and mostly fixed with lifting. But did not realise scoliosis has such a huge effect

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel