How should I fix my jaw asymmetry?

nuisance

nuisance

Bronze
Something happened to my jaw during puberty that fucked it up. I had a lot of tmj pain during puberty and i don't have pain anymore but I realized that it looks like one side of my jaw is longer than the other. It's messing with my face one of my eyes is lower than the other as well and my bite is slightly crooked aslso one of my cheekbones is lower so one eye is more hollow. When I close my mouth from it being open it goes down symmetrically and then hits a point where it starts slanting down.

What do you guys think I should, do is it something that is fixable?

It does cause me strain and pain sometimes, I can click my jaw on command as well. I can feel the feeling like my jaw is not in place.

Going to a ortho soon but I was going for braces but I will mention this. If surgery is an option what do i tell the surgeon to not make me recessed?

These photos are similar to me. Notice how one side of her face sags more. Mine is a little worse.
Clinical photographs and 3 dimensional virtual reconstructions of patient with left sided
F080 001b 9781416025276
A Clinical picture showing severe left mandibular asymmetry b CT scan showing 3D

Filler or implant, or potentially bimax depending on what your ortho thinks

you obviously get jaw surgery for this. if you are lucky enough you insurance might even pay for it.

you obviously get jaw surgery for this. if you are lucky enough you insurance might even pay for it.
What should I ask the surgeon, I don't want them to make me recessed just to fix the tilt.

It would be nice to get aesthetic improvement from it as well because insurance will most likely cover it because it causes me pain sometimes.

What should I ask the surgeon, I don't want them to make me recessed just to fix the tilt.

It would be nice to get aesthetic improvement from it as well because insurance will most likely cover it because it causes me pain sometimes.
be upfront about it. tell him that if you are going through this u want the maximal aesthetic benefit while also improving airways. also check out the instagram page of mirco raffaini. what he does to asymmetric faces is amazing. if u can afford go with him

be upfront about it. tell him that if you are going through this u want the maximal aesthetic benefit while also improving airways. also check out the instagram page of mirco raffaini. what he does to asymmetric faces is amazing. if u can afford go with him
Those are amazing results. Do you know the price range with him? I doubt insurance would cover out-of-country surgery. I live in the US.

• JFL
Reactions: illoan82
Those are amazing results. Do you know the price range with him? I doubt insurance would cover out-of-country surgery. I live in the US.
I got quoted 36k 18 months ago

rip out your jaw and place it back properly

arnett & gunson, kasey li, alfi
Kasey li is about 2 hrs from me, I'm going to an orthodontist soon for braces and they will take x-rays of my jaw. So I'm planning to get braces and then have a consultation with Kasey with the jaw x-rays. Sounds like a good plan or should I just go straight to Kasey?

• +1
Reactions: anticel
Kasey li is about 2 hrs from me, I'm going to an orthodontist soon for braces and they will take x-rays of my jaw. So I'm planning to get braces and then have a consultation with Kasey with the jaw x-rays. Sounds like a good plan or should I just go straight to Kasey?
sounds good, u can just email him and ask him the same thing tho

Something happened to my jaw during puberty that fucked it up. I had a lot of tmj pain during puberty and i don't have pain anymore but I realized that it looks like one side of my jaw is longer than the other. It's messing with my face one of my eyes is lower than the other as well and my bite is slightly crooked aslso one of my cheekbones is lower so one eye is more hollow. When I close my mouth from it being open it goes down symmetrically and then hits a point where it starts slanting down.

What do you guys think I should, do is it something that is fixable?

It does cause me strain and pain sometimes, I can click my jaw on command as well. I can feel the feeling like my jaw is not in place.

Going to a ortho soon but I was going for braces but I will mention this. If surgery is an option what do i tell the surgeon to not make me recessed?

These photos are similar to me. Notice how one side of her face sags more. Mine is a little worse.
View attachment 2694662View attachment 2694667View attachment 2694660
Fix posture

surgery is the only way