How to achieve localized fat loss in the face or systemically in body, topical/oral administration of Cirsium oligophyllum (CE)

LVZZO

LVZZO

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿
Localized fat reduction is something many here seek, specially in certain regions of the face
Scientifically speaking, you want products that exhibit lipolysis-promoting activity in subcutaneous adipocytes
Topical application of products can achieve this, although I would advise further researching and experimentation
You don't want to get anywhere near the eye region with these

Plant extract of Cirsium oligophyllum (CE)
By the topical application of 2% of this extract to rats for 7 days, weight of subcutaneous fat in the treated skin was reduced by 23.2%.
Caffeine
CE-induced lipolysis was synergistically enhanced by caffeine

Oral administration - systemic fat reduction protocol
  • 3 or 10% CE aqueous solution (0.5 ml) twice daily (in ~160g Wistar rats)
  • For humans per kg of body weight (math)
    • 1kg / 0,160kg x 0,5ml = 4ml (for each kg)
    • 3-10% (w/v) of CE aqueous solution = 3g/100ml - 10g/100ml
    • For each kg you need 4 ml --> 3g x 4ml / 100ml - 10g x 4ml / 100ml
    • = 0,12g/4ml - 0,4g/4ml
    • = 0,12g dry extract/kg body weight- 0,4g dry extract/kg body weight
    • = 0.12g x (1lb / 2.20462lbs) - 0.4g x (1lb / 2.20462lbs) = 0.054432 g/lb - 0.181439 g/lb
  • So if you weight 75kg ~165,35lbs
    • You need to consume from 9-30g of dry CE extract (part of plant unknown; purity of active compounds unknown)
    • Below I saw a supplement that included servings of 750mg of CE in the formulation (from raw nutrition)
    • The presented doses might induce toxicity, be careful
Results after 32 days:
The peroral administration of CE inhibited body weight gain and fat accumulation. While food intake during the administration period did not differ among the groups, the final body weight was reduced by 6.6% on average in the group given 10% CE, and the degree of reduction depended on the CE concentration. Body weight reduction was possibly due to enhanced energy consumption, since CE intake showed no toxicity, such as a decrease in food intake or diarrhea.
Topical administration - localized fat reduction protocol
  • 0.05, 0.2, 0.5, 1, or 2% CE (0.2 ml) was applied to the shaved area (about 5 x 5 cm) twice daily
Results after 7 days, yes 7 days:
Subcutaneous fat weight on the back, the area of agent application, was significantly lower in the groups given CE at concentrations ≥ 0.5% as compared to the control group; the 2% CE group showed a mean reduction of 23.2%. The extent of reduction depended on the CE concentration.

Study:

Extract sources:
In the study authors say they used:
Dried plants of Cirsium oligophyllum within Compositae, a type of thistle purchased from Tochimoto Tenkaido (Osaka, Japan)

Plant extract of Cirsium oligophyllum (CE) is a type of thistle, not to be confused with the "milk thistle" or "silymarin" (Silybum marianum) more commercially available for liver function, although it might provide similar effects
Dietary silymarin supplementation significantly reduced the elevated intraperitoneal fat index in grass carp fed with high-lipid diets. Data suggest that silymarin suppressed lipid accumulation in grass carp both in vitro and in vivo, and the effect might be due to an influence on the expression of adipogenesis factors and ROS production partly associated with effects on antioxidant capability.
It was confirmed that increases in body weight and fat mass in the SILY group were significantly inhibited. Moreover, the muscle mass in SILY mice was significantly higher than that in the HFD group. Silymarin could prevent not only obesity but also muscle atrophy.

Or even confused as "japanese thistle" Cirsium japonicum" although it might provide similar effects
Chloroform-soluble fraction of C. japonicum leaves showed anti-adipogenic effect in adipocytesvia regulation of adipogenic enzymes and transcription factors.
Syringin attenuates adipocyte differentiation, adipogenesis, and promotes lipid metabolism; thus, syringin may potentially serve as a therapeutic candidate for treatment of obesity.
Cirsium japonicum extract and its main component cirsimaritin reduced the severity of liver injury in the experimental mouse model of MAFLD by inhibiting hepatic steatosis, oxidative stress, inflammation, and liver fibrosis on high-fat diet (HFD)-induced metabolic dysfunction-associated fatty liver disease.

Here are some products that include CE that I could find:

Oral:

Topical:
https://www.amazon (dot) com/ATP-Science-Subcut-Transdermal-Cream/dp/B01N79EJYL/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

More research on similar products can ofc be found through already formulated and commercially available products, scientific studies and patents that include compounds that show lipolysis activity.

Also I would be careful with some compounds present in these formulations
You might induce hepatotoxicity or other types of adverse effects

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: blatonslatt, Deleted member 29078 and looksmidder
wtf is blud talking about :fire::fire:

• JFL
Reactions: anactualdude and Deleted member 29078
extremely interesting if this is true. i’m 15 and in a caloric surplus, (to maximise growth ofc, about 3k calories daily) could i lose bodyfat despite that with this? and would there be any drawbacks for growth?

also do you know if the topical version affects deep fat/fat pads?

extremely interesting if this is true. i’m 15 and in a caloric surplus, (to maximise growth ofc, about 3k calories daily) could i lose bodyfat despite that with this? and would there be any drawbacks for growth?

I mean you can just buy a thermogenic supplement, that should provide some fat burning / increased metabolism, the point is that CE showed insane potential in a study and I decided to some more research.
From a study I mentioned earlier, not from CE extract but possible similar effects:
Silymarin is found in Silybum marianum. We investigated the effect of silymarin on muscle atrophy in obese mice. The experimental mice were divided into three groups: CON, normal diet; HFD, 60% high-fat diet (HF); and SILY: 50 mg silymarin +60% HF. It was confirmed that increases in body weight and fat mass in the SILY group were significantly inhibited. Moreover, the muscle mass in SILY mice was significantly higher than that in the HFD group. The grip strength in HFD group was significantly reduced, whereas in the SILY group it was higher than that in HFD group. In HFD mice, the mRNA levels of protein degradation factors (muscle ring-finger protein 1 [MuRF-1] and Atrogin-1) were increased and protein synthesis factors (phosphoinositide 3-kinase [PI3K] and Akt) were decreased. However, silymarin was found to elevate the degradation factors as compared with HFD group, whereas it reduced the synthesis factors. The results suggest that silymarin could prevent not only obesity but also muscle atrophy.

Subcutaneous fat is what burned by topicals, visceral fat is not affected, it is reduced a bit by oral administration, like the study says.
Subcutaneous fat is more difficult to reduce I think, visceral can be reduced by caloric deficit, as shown by picrel, didn't research tho

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: looksmidder
I mean you can just buy a thermogenic supplement, that should provide some fat burning / increased metabolism, the point is that CE showed insane potential in a study and I decided to some more research.
From a study I mentioned earlier, not from CE extract but possible similar effects:

what thermogenic supp would you recommend to lower bf while bulking? ie which would be strong enough.

also could i take a thermogenic orally while also using CE topically?

U should heightmaxx hghmaxx androgenmaxx at ur age bro, u will thank me in 3 years if i dont die

• +1
U should heightmaxx hghmaxx androgenmaxx at ur age bro, u will thank me in 3 years if i dont die
yeah i’m doing all 3 already but i’m probably gonna end up gaining some weight in the process which will fucking nuke my confidence for the next few years

• +1
Reactions: HalfGypsyMogger
  • +1
Reactions: Won't Stop Mewing
what thermogenic supp would you recommend to lower bf while bulking? ie which would be strong enough.
I can't give an informed opinion, I just presented some supplements.
Foods that promote thermogenic, vascular dilatation and increase ATP metabolism might also provide good effects with additional benefits.
B complex vitamins see to be important in the metabolism, some of these supplements mega dose on b12
Also
Low Serum Vitamin B-12 and Folate Concentrations and Low Thiamin and Riboflavin Intakes Are Inversely Associated with Greater Adiposity in Mexican American Children
So addressing the basics, first like diet and possible nutrient deficiencies should be the priority
also could i take a thermogenic orally while also using CE topically?
Yes.

• +1
Fat niggas really be doing anything instead of working out
I'm around 13% BF
2% CE (0.2 ml) in 5x5cm twice daily reduced subcutaneous fat by 23.2% in 7 days
If a formulation produced these effects irl that would the holy grail of fat loss.

the exotherm topical you listed doesn’t say how much CE it uses, would it still be worth getting that?

Last edited:
Mogger thread in the sea of shitposting

Followed

Bumping high effort informative thread because there’s value here

Update
So if you weight 75kg ~165,35lbs
  • You need to consume from 9-30g of dry CE extract (part of plant unknown; purity of active compounds unknown)
According to my interpretation of the literature, supplementation dose from rats to humans is not based 1:1 in weight
For rats around 150g, around 160g used in the thread study you should divide the dose by 6.2
Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4804402/

So to correct
9-30g/6.2 of dry CE extract = 1.4-4.8g of CE for 75kg of bw (twice daily)
I think this is the human equivalent dose to the one used in the study
the exotherm topical you listed doesn’t say how much CE it uses, would it still be worth getting that?
If you are willing to spend the money
Facial exercises including masseter exercises are probably better (long term)

Last edited:
  • +1
28945.jpg

INJECT THE CHEMICAL GOY

• +1
Reactions: Struggler03