How to get sleep apnea?

Harakiri Fellatio

Harakiri Fellatio

Mistral
I want to get an under bite surgery but that'd cost like $40k. If I can get sleep apnea then insurance would cover it. Do you know the best way to give yourself it? I understand hormones are partially to play outside of full on pigging out and becoming obese.

Anyone here manage to give themselves it?

• JFL
Reactions: Arditi, Agendum and Deleted member 27066
I want to get an under bite surgery but that'd cost like $40k. If I can get sleep apnea then insurance would cover it. Do you know the best way to give yourself it? I understand hormones are partially to play outside of full on pigging out and becoming obese.

Itโ€™s difficult. Usually when we are younger are soft tissues are more taught leading to less sleep apnea even if we are deformed and on the road to sleep apnea in some years of aging.

Basicaly u want to do things which will force you to obstruct your airway at night. This can be risky so be careful.

Melatonin is one thing I found makes sleep apnea worse, because it relaxes soft tissues of the throat. Other than this sleeping on your back. Causing an increase of mucous helps. Blocked noses etc .

Itโ€™s difficult. Usually when we are younger are soft tissues are more taught leading to less sleep apnea even if we are deformed and on the road to sleep apnea in some years of aging.

Basicaly u want to do things which will force you to obstruct your airway at night. This can be risky so be careful.

Melatonin is one thing I found makes sleep apnea worse, because it relaxes soft tissues of the throat. Other than this sleeping on your back. Causing an increase of mucous helps. Blocked noses etc .
Alright. Thank you for the advice. I'll try melatonin.

embrace lying to jewish insurance

Take lots of roids, train neck and do a very dirty bulk so you become obese

All I ever see are people parroting the idea, but the only actual evidence they point to is the coorilates between neck size and sleep apnea. Which is very weak evidence. Most of that difference in neck size is from obesity which obv increases sleep apnea.

• +1
Reactions: goodgamebro
All I ever see are people parroting the idea, but the only actual evidence they point to is the coorilates between neck size and sleep apnea. Which is very weak evidence. Most of that difference in neck size is from obesity which obv increases sleep apnea.
why's that weak evidence though? training neck = bigger neck. If having rapid neck gains wouldn't that increase the risk of getting sleep apnea?

• JFL
Reactions: mvp2v1
why's that weak evidence though?
how is it not obv. because correlation does not equal causation. And there are so many other factors to consider with that kind of data. factors like obesity (fat tissue) for example (which i think is the entire reason for the correlation). Who knows what kind of effect obesity has on inflammation within the body (probably not a good effect), perhaps obese people have inflammation in and around the throat which causes sleep apnea.

The point is there is so much unkown, so many possibilities that such a correlation should not be taken at face value.

If having rapid neck gains wouldn't that increase the risk of getting sleep apnea?
No good reason to believe that.

Fact is the jury is still out on whether neck training can cause or worsen sleep apnea. seemingly no good research has been done on it.

• +1
how is it not obv. because correlation does not equal causation. And there are so many other factors to consider with that kind of data. factors like obesity (fat tissue) for example (which i think is the entire reason for the correlation). Who knows what kind of effect obesity has on inflammation within the body (probably not a good effect), perhaps obese people have inflammation in and around the throat which causes sleep apnea.

The point is there is so much unkown, so many possibilities that such a correlation should not be taken at face value.

No good reason to believe that.

Fact is the jury is still out on whether neck training can cause or worsen sleep apnea. seemingly no good research has been done on it.
Something I forgot to mention is we also dont even know if neck circumference is causally associated with sleep apnea or is caused by sleep apnea.

I found this study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7931110/

where it said:

Guimaraes et al. recruited 31 patients with moderate OSA; the sample mainly consisted of overweight and/or obese middle-aged men (mean age close to 50 years), they were randomised to 3 months daily (30 min consisting of exercises involving the tongue, soft palate, and lateral pharyngeal wall) sham therapy (n = 15), or a set of oropharyngeal exercises (n = 16) [26]. The intervention group had a significant decrease in neck circumference, snoring frequency, snoring intensity, daytime sleepiness, sleep quality, and OSA severity (AHI) [26]. Several studies show that the primary outcomes that improve with the oropharyngeal exercises are daytime sleepiness and sleep quality [57,58].

So in this study a bunch of myofunctional like exercises led to a decrease in neck circumference. This study suggests to me that neck circumference increases due to sleep apnea, and not that neck circumference is causing the apnea.

Last edited:
  • +1
Something I forgot to mention is we also dont even know if neck circumference is causally associated with sleep apnea or is caused by sleep apnea.

I found this study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7931110/

where it said:

Guimaraes et al. recruited 31 patients with moderate OSA; the sample mainly consisted of overweight and/or obese middle-aged men (mean age close to 50 years), they were randomised to 3 months daily (30 min consisting of exercises involving the tongue, soft palate, and lateral pharyngeal wall) sham therapy (n = 15), or a set of oropharyngeal exercises (n = 16) [26]. The intervention group had a significant decrease in neck circumference, snoring frequency, snoring intensity, daytime sleepiness, sleep quality, and OSA severity (AHI) [26]. Several studies show that the primary outcomes that improve with the oropharyngeal exercises are daytime sleepiness and sleep quality [57,58].

So in this study a bunch of myofunctional like exercises led to a decrease in neck circumference. This study suggests to me that neck circumference increases due to sleep apnea, and not that neck circumference is causing the apnea.
Okay bro thanks for the insight but don't laugh at my post please, thank you

• So Sad
Reactions: mvp2v1